A couple of theories to run by y'all

Mannix

Reaction score
Just got back from a long walk, and a couple of theories popped into my head....wondering if I'm alone on either of these, so let me know.

#1 Booger behind the scenes is freezing The Conman out of any input on the new DC, thus making him even more nervous and uncomfortable about his future; and absent of an extension....that he says "enough is enough" and goes to Booger and says "lets just end things now....make me an offer to walk walk away" The Conman knows that Booger doesn't pay off Coaches to walk away, so anyone he hires at DC....especially if its a splash....is probably going to be the immediate successor to The Conman.

#2 A total 180 to the theory above, and one that would send Cowboy fans over the edge if ever exposed, the following theory worries me and cannot be easily dispelled given how long The Clapping Carrot tenure lasted. And the theory is that Booger has already told The Conman that he is doing a great job, and basically "Don't worry, you aren't going anywhere"....but I can't give you an extension right now, because it would be a PR nightmare....Booger knows that Cowboy fans aren't going anywhere, and by March or April they've already made their Christmas lists for Cowboy merch. He has almost three (3) decades of proof that Cowboy fans will just "get nothing, and like it"

JBS

Reaction score
I think the most likely scenario is the FO sucks at this game and will hire a retread DC that they’re comfortable with. MM is a puppet and will go along with whatever he gets as his DC and continue to collect his paychecks while getting massages at the star during game weeks.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Just got back from a long walk, and a couple of theories popped into my head....wondering if I'm alone on either of these, so let me know.

#1 Booger behind the scenes is freezing The Conman out of any input on the new DC, thus making him even more nervous and uncomfortable about his future; and absent of an extension....that he says "enough is enough" and goes to Booger and says "lets just end things now....make me an offer to walk walk away" The Conman knows that Booger doesn't pay off Coaches to walk away, so anyone he hires at DC....especially if its a splash....is probably going to be the immediate successor to The Conman.

#2 A total 180 to the theory above, and one that would send Cowboy fans over the edge if ever exposed, the following theory worries me and cannot be easily dispelled given how long The Clapping Carrot tenure lasted. And the theory is that Booger has already told The Conman that he is doing a great job, and basically "Don't worry, you aren't going anywhere"....but I can't give you an extension right now, because it would be a PR nightmare....Booger knows that Cowboy fans aren't going anywhere, and by March or April they've already made their Christmas lists for Cowboy merch. He has almost three (3) decades of proof that Cowboy fans will just "get nothing, and like it"
I have literally thought of both and believe it’s option #2. Great post. Take more walks and come back and post. :)

Rayman70

Reaction score

your 1st theory is spot on and I agree. I been stating the same thing on here. I think your right. We know Jerry all too well. I think MM will resign before Camp.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry is putting the screws on Fat Mike. Pressure can be a wonderful tool.

75boyz

Reaction score
I have literally thought of both and believe it’s option #2. Great post. Take more walks and come back and post. :)
Yep,
while I agree this OP is an excellent post of the "possible" mindset of Jerry, I still think a poor regular season by McCheese genuinely seals his fate.

I mean my gosh, another do over with this same guy?

Well, he did keep Garrett for a decade so anything's possible I guess, smh.

Mannix

Reaction score

Yep,
while I agree this OP is an excellent post of the "possible" mindset of Jerry, I still think a poor regular season by McCheese genuinely seals his fate.

I mean my gosh, another do over with this same guy?

Well, he did keep Garrett for a decade so anything's possible I guess, smh.
At the end of The Clapping Carrot's last 4-5 years I was convinced that he was gone....nope....didn't happen. So, I would be leaning more toward #2 if I had to bet the farm on it.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Some Cowboy fans are more predictable. Then a wino needing wine. Jerry isn't worried. He has plenty of wine.....

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

I think you should take shorter walks.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He'll hire a DC who is capable of being the interim headcoach when he fires McCarthy early and often.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't give two craps about it. He's going to throw some names in a hat and he will get one of the great great grandkids to pull one out. That's your new DC and you guys will be frothing at the mouth discussing the selection.
"Why did Jerry select the giant crap sandwich"?
"Why didn't Jerry select the douchee?"

then the crying and praising will begin, while the world laughs at you.

Mannix

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't give two craps about it. He's going to throw some names in a hat and he will get one of the great great grandkids to pull one out. That's your new DC and you guys will be frothing at the mouth discussing the selection.
"Why did Jerry select the giant crap sandwich"?
"Why didn't Jerry select the douchee?"

then the crying and praising will begin, while the world laughs at you.
Won't laugh at me...I'll never believe another thing that comes out of that fools mouth...and ditto with his lemon headed son. Too many broken promises!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Good post, but you forget to say, please share your thoughts! LOL

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I thought you weren't going to post for a year?

mahoneybill

Reaction score
At the end of The Clapping Carrot's last 4-5 years I was convinced that he was gone....nope....didn't happen. So, I would be leaning more toward #2 if I had to bet the farm on it.
When Atlanta expressed interest in Garrett JJ felt he was verified that he had the next Jimmy J

The Romo / Dak/ Zeke combo in Daks first year was like finding gold to him further cementing his GM cred

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Theories imploded onto themselves if they hinge on a greed condition for someone with the net worth of over $13 billion. He is Jerry Jones, not Scrooge McDuck.

$13 followed by NINE zeros.

"I need $20 million worth of Parsons jerseys sold by June or I will do something stupid and crazy!!!"

:facepalm:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I think the most likely scenario is the FO sucks at this game and will hire a retread DC that they’re comfortable with. MM is a puppet and will go along with whatever he gets as his DC and continue to collect his paychecks while getting massages at the star during game weeks.
If only someone had told you all this in 2020.

Reactions: JBS

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
my theory is it will be Rivera, since Washington will be paying his salary, haha, all about the $$