CFZ A crossroads game

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thirty years ago, a young but talented Cowboys team was headed to San Francisco to face the mighty 49ers in the 1992 NFC championship game (Jan, 1993) The Niners had won 4 SBs since the Cowboys had last played in one. Almost every media outlet picked the niners.

As we all well remember, the Cowboys won 30-20 in a game that proved to be a crossroads for that entire organization. The Cowboys went on to win 3 of the next 4 SBs in one of the most dominant half decades in NFL history. After a 14 year drought the good guys went on to their best SB run in their history.

Thirty years later, the 2022 Cowboys are at another crossroad In San Francisco.
  • Will this team win a divisional playoff game for the first time in 28 years and get to an NFC championship again?
  • Or will they fizzle out after a wild card win like so many times before?
  • This game can reset the trajectory of this entire organization.
  • Or create another re-reun of the last nearly three decades.
By 8:30 PM Sunday night we will know. Will the Cowboys make history or simply repeat it? No excuses. Time to go get it!
Let’s go Cowboys!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
no-sleep-its-been84years.gif

Okay, 27 years. It just feels like 84. Git 'er done, Cowboys.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Thirty years ago, a young but talented Cowboys team was headed to San Francisco to face the mighty 49ers in the 1992 NFC championship game (Jan, 1993) The Niners had won 4 SBs since the Cowboys had last played in one. Almost every media outlet picked the niners.

As we all well remember, the Cowboys won 30-20 in a game that proved to be a crossroads for that entire organization. The Cowboys went on to win 3 of the next 4 SBs in one of the most dominant half decades in NFL history. After a 14 year drought the good guys went on to their best SB run in their history.

• Will this team win a divisional playoff game for the first time in 28 years and get to an NFC championship again?
By 8:30 PM Sunday night we will know. Will the Cowboys make history or simply repeat it? No excuses. Time to go get it!
Let’s go Cowboys!
Excellent points!!!

Win or lose, I look forward to your summary tommorow night.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

Let’s go Cowboys!
There are no crossroads. Two very good teams will take the field tomorrow. Because they aren’t machines, one team is likely to make a few more mistakes than the other and lose. Unless we get hosed by a ‘no catch’ or something like that, I’m okay with a hard fought game. The result is secondary. The Cowboys are clearly trending in the right direction, but SF has a helluva team. If Dak and the team play like they did against Philly and TB, I’ll be satisfied with our offense. Our defense may have the biggest challenge. We’ll know in less than 24 hours.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Let’s go Cowboys!
They certainly have their work cut out for for them!
49ers and Eagles on the road.
That's a tall order!

Zman5

Reaction score
Just like the '92 game, TO will be the difference between winning and losing between two good teams. I remember SF fumbling few and Young throwing few INTS in the 92 game and that was the difference. We lead the league in getting TO and they lead the league in getting INTS. Dak has to protect the ball and the defense needs to do what they do and get few TOs for the offense. We do that, we'll win.

T-RO

Reaction score
Thats me, just call it fair on both sides. If you call one team for holding, call the other team for holding also.

If we get that and still lose, you cant really be too upset. Sometimes the other team is just better.
Yup. But if the Boys make it competitive...or well before they might...We'll see stuff like this:
football_Agenda.png

The Eagles were million miles better than the Giants, but the powers in charge wanted no doubt.

This was ruled 1.5 yards short of first down. The National Fraud League on display once again.

Last edited:

mcmvp

Reaction score
Yup. But if the Boys make it competitive...or well before they might...We'll see stuff like this:
football_Agenda.png

The Eagles were million miles better than the Giants, but the powers in charge wanted no doubt.

This was ruled 1.5 yards short of first down. The National Fraud League on display once again.
Did you not see the replay? It would’ve been a 1st down if he had caught the ball cleanly, but he clearly bobbled it. He didn’t have possession of the catch until he went backwards and short of the 1st down. It was clear as day. Forward progress only applies if the receiver has possession.

Giants were called for one penalty all night…the Eagles were called for 5. Your theory is rather weak

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
There are no crossroads. Two very good teams will take the field tomorrow. Because they aren’t machines, one team is likely to make a few more mistakes than the other and lose. Unless we get hosed by a ‘no catch’ or something like that, I’m okay with a hard fought game. The result is secondary. The Cowboys are clearly trending in the right direction, but SF has a helluva team. If Dak and the team play like they did against Philly and TB, I’ll be satisfied with our offense. Our defense may have the biggest challenge. We’ll know in less than 24 hours.
I'm kind of feeling weird about tomorrow's game. On one hand I'm looking forward to it because it's the playoffs and I hate the 49ers. On the other hand if we lose I'll be pretty bummed and take it hard. I do appreciate your post because at the end of tomorrow I can agree that this team is trending upwards. I'm excited for the game but scared of a letdown. I just hope we give them our best shot. I'll be happy if we are ready to play and play our best.

T-RO

Reaction score
but he clearly bobbled it
No. He. Didn't. Phony, Philly. I do admire your similar role to our own MarcusRock.

Bravo, to 'both' of you, working overtime defending the league's "integrity"

Flamma

Reaction score
Did you not see the replay? It would’ve been a 1st down if he had caught the ball cleanly, but he clearly bobbled it. He didn’t have possession of the catch until he went backwards and short of the 1st down. It was clear as day. Forward progress only applies if the receiver has possession.

Giants were called for one penalty all night…the Eagles were called for 5. Your theory is rather weak
Maybe he had the sound turned off? When I first saw the spot, I was thinking they better challenge that. Then I heard them say he was bobbling it. That's that.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
football_Agenda.png

It's like you live in a fantasy land of your own making. Did you not even watch the play? Eve of the biggest game in years and all you can do is 'pre-whine' about the refs. Typical.

Flamma

Reaction score

Let’s go Cowboys!
I'm cautiously optimistic. I feel better about this game than I did last year.

stinkface

Reaction score
football_Agenda.png

He clearly didn't have possession at the line to make and recaught it again behind the sticks to make. Pretty weak take. I mean they only showed on replay 2 or 3 times. Thought the Eagles played like a team that had had a week off heal up. They flat out dominated the Giants on every phase but special teams.