CFZ A crossroads game

T-RO

Reaction score
Take videos and inspect them
FRAME BY FRAME... 1/30th of a second. Not hard to do.

Fraud officiating. Add it to the pile.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Take videos and inspect them
FRAME BY FRAME... 1/30th of a second. Not hard to do.

Fraud officiating. Add it to the pile.
How does it feel to live in a fantasy world? You post takes like this and you expect people to take you seriously? Or maybe you just don’t know the rules of the game

Last edited:

mcmvp

Reaction score
Maybe he had the sound turned off? When I first saw the spot, I was thinking they better challenge that. Then I heard them say he was bobbling it. That's that.
Same here…I thought it was a 1st down at first. Then it became obvious why it wasn’t…for most people anyway

Staubacher

Reaction score
No. He. Didn't. Phony, Philly. I do admire your similar role to our own MarcusRock.

Bravo, to 'both' of you, working overtime defending the league's "integrity"
You're 1,000 percent wrong on this. Receiver bobbled and didn't have possession until further backwards.
Sorry you gotta take the L on this

silvernblu

Reaction score
Just like the '92 game, TO will be the difference between winning and losing between two good teams. I remember SF fumbling few and Young throwing few INTS in the 92 game and that was the difference. We lead the league in getting TO and they lead the league in getting INTS. Dak has to protect the ball and the defense needs to do what they do and get few TOs for the offense. We do that, we'll win.
Lol. I thought you meant Terrell Owens when I read your first line.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. He. Didn't. Phony, Philly. I do admire your similar role to our own MarcusRock.

T if you think the NFL “fixes” games, why even watch? Does that mean the NFL fixed the game for Dallas last week? We didn’t earn it? Every NFL game is not decided by players and coaches but by NFL executives?

I think the NFL officiating has problems but thinking they have a “bias” against one team is not supported by the facts. In the Cowboys storied playoff history, we have won several playoff games where we had more penalties than the opponent. We’ve also lost playoff games where the opponent was more penalized. Teams winning playoff games overcome all obstacles.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Thirty years ago, a young but talented Cowboys team was headed to San Francisco to face the mighty 49ers in the 1992 NFC championship game (Jan, 1993) The Niners had won 4 SBs since the Cowboys had last played in one. Almost every media outlet picked the niners.

As we all well remember, the Cowboys won 30-20 in a game that proved to be a crossroads for that entire organization. The Cowboys went on to win 3 of the next 4 SBs in one of the most dominant half decades in NFL history. After a 14 year drought the good guys went on to their best SB run in their history.

Thirty years later, the 2022 Cowboys are at another crossroad In San Francisco.
  • Will this team win a divisional playoff game for the first time in 28 years and get to an NFC championship again?
  • Or will they fizzle out after a wild card win like so many times before?
  • This game can reset the trajectory of this entire organization.
  • Or create another re-reun of the last nearly three decades.
By 8:30 PM Sunday night we will know. Will the Cowboys make history or simply repeat it? No excuses. Time to go get it!
Let’s go Cowboys!
They have another opportunity:

-Will MM lead they past this round in which both Garrett/Wade could not?
-Can our QB perform at a high level on the big stage against the best defense in the NFL? Could he do something Romo never could do?
-Will our run defense finally show up against a zone running team?

Lose again today, nothing changes. Win and realistic Super Bowl expectations become a reality.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Thirty years ago, a young but talented Cowboys team was headed to San Francisco to face the mighty 49ers in the 1992 NFC championship game (Jan, 1993) The Niners had won 4 SBs since the Cowboys had last played in one. Almost every media outlet picked the niners.

As we all well remember, the Cowboys won 30-20 in a game that proved to be a crossroads for that entire organization. The Cowboys went on to win 3 of the next 4 SBs in one of the most dominant half decades in NFL history. After a 14 year drought the good guys went on to their best SB run in their history.

• Will this team win a divisional playoff game for the first time in 28 years and get to an NFC championship again?
By 8:30 PM Sunday night we will know. Will the Cowboys make history or simply repeat it? No excuses. Time to go get it!
Let’s go Cowboys!
Yes! Prove us wrong and get back on the winning side of the tracks!

mcmvp

Reaction score
T if you think the NFL “fixes” games, why even watch? Does that mean the NFL fixed the game for Dallas last week? We didn’t earn it? Every NFL game is not decided by players and coaches but by NFL executives?

I think the NFL officiating has problems but thinking they have a “bias” against one team is not supported by the facts. In the Cowboys storied playoff history, we have won several playoff games where we had more penalties than the opponent. We’ve also lost playoff games where the opponent was more penalized. Teams winning playoff games overcome all obstacles.
Agreed…good post

Motorola

Reaction score

Let’s go Cowboys!
A signature game for Prescott, as he is the most experienced and oldest quarterback that is in the divisional round play at 29-1/2 years old.
Mahomes (the most accomplshed QB remaining in the playoffs) turned 27 four months ago; Josh Allen turns 27 in four monfhs.
In four months, Daniel Jones turns 26.
Herbert, Hurts, Lawrence, and Purdy are 24 years old or younger.

MistyAnn

Reaction score
I have no stats or anything to back me up here but for some very odd reason I feel like the Cowboys are going to the NFC Championship game.
We are probably the only team who has not been in a Championship for decades
The bounce of the football should be on our side as well as having a fairly good team.
The 49ers are favorites but sport being sport and the chemistry of one critical play going our way early middle and late in the game could see us through.
It could be the start of the next 30 year lunar cycle of the Dallas Cowboys tonight in Candlestick Park.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Let’s go Cowboys!
8:30 Central. Once again, I'll be asleep for most of the game, as I have to get up at 2:30 and drive to NYC. I hate that they've scheduled both of our playoff games so far for the last timeslot possible.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You must've closed your eyes for the part where he wasn't touching the ball as he went backward, then regained control before hitting the ground. In real time, my reaction was that it was a BS call, but replay showed it very clearly.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
I just watched Boomer for 5 minutes going over the past 3 decades of SF vs. Big D and the rivalries not only in Conference games but also a division game back in the 70's. These 2 have played a lot of huge games over the years. I was originally going to say I didn't believe this was a "crossroads" type game, however, maybe it's a stepping stone to more consistently getting to the tournament.

Still can't believe we didn't win 4 SB's in a row. Even #8 has bad games.:huh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With one major difference in then and now, FA.

That 90's team was kept together so a mini-dynasty was possible but in today's NFL, other than the Patriots making that happen, it is a year-to-year proposition for all of the teams unless they have a generational talent at QB like the Chiefs do.

The window is as open as it has been in quite some time and who knows what will happen next season. I think this season is more about stand and fight than crossroads affecting the future because the Cowboys have not shown the tendency to sustain anything but they can show up every now and then with a team that we feel can make some real noise.

The Cowboys, as a franchise, have created their own self-imposed hard ceiling on the divisional round of the playoffs.

However, just as I do not see this as an effect on future seasons, I do not think the past seasons are a factor.......only to fans that carry that 26 year old torch. Isn't that torch getting heavy?

There is only this season, the past ones do not matter to me, good or bad. Just like a season to me is really 17 one game seasons because I taught myself to enjoy that as part of living in the now, which was difficult for me for most of my life. I was always about "what's next" and now there is only "now". And I must say, I really missed out on a lot of life leaning too far forward.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Let’s go Cowboys!
I remember it well. The different (to our detriment), is the lack of CAP in the 90's. Regardless of today's result, Jerry's going to need to make a decision on whether he wants a short term all in or he wants to take the Chiefs road of revolving and evolving the talent.
But I agree there's a foundation of hope.

Aven8

Reaction score
This is a tall task. We’re not playing a Jacksonville, or Giants team here. This team is the cream of the crop. If we lose? What happens this offseason? DQ most likely bolts, FA’s leave, etc etc.

I’m enjoying the journey and I’m not ready for it to end.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With one major difference in then and now, FA.

That 90's team was kept together so a mini-dynasty was possible but in today's NFL, other than the Patriots making that happen, it is a year-to-year proposition for all of the teams unless they have a generational talent at QB like the Chiefs do.

The window is as open as it has been in quite some time and who knows what will happen next season. I think this season is more about stand and fight than crossroads affecting the future because the Cowboys have not shown the tendency to sustain anything but they can show up every now and then with a team that we feel can make some real noise.

The Cowboys, as a franchise, have created their own self-imposed hard ceiling on the divisional round of the playoffs.

However, just as I do not see this as an effect on future seasons, I do not think the past seasons are a factor.......only to fans that carry that 26 year old torch. Isn't that torch getting heavy?

There is only this season, the past ones do not matter to me, good or bad. Just like a season to me is really 17 one game seasons because I taught myself to enjoy that as part of living in the now, which was difficult for me for most of my life. I was always about "what's next" and now there is only "now". And I must say, I really missed out on a lot of life leaning too far forward.
Another reason it’s a crossroads game to me is it gives this organization an opportunity to validate itself. If we win today, the way this team has been built and structured will be seen as viable. If we lose, it’s another brick in the wall of “Jerry and son don’t know how to build a real contender”.

Not that a narrative like that matters to the Jones cartel. They will always deflect their mistakes onto the HC or some assistants. Winning today hopefully changes the narrative from what it’s been for so long. At least in theory.
This is a tall task. We’re not playing a Jacksonville, or Giants team here. This team is the cream of the crop. If we lose? What happens this offseason? DQ most likely bolts, FA’s leave, etc etc.

I’m enjoying the journey and I’m not ready for it to end.
I’m enjoying the journey too. In the era of NFL parity, it’s absolutely mind boggling that the Cowboys haven’t won a divisional playoff game since ‘95. Man I’m tired of that streak. It’s past time to change that.