CFZ A crossroads game

Aven8

Reaction score
Another reason it’s a crossroads game to me is it gives this organization an opportunity to validate itself. If we win today, the way this team has been built and structured will be seen as viable. If we lose, it’s another brick in the wall of “Jerry and son don’t know how to build a real contender”.

Not that a narrative like that matters to the Jones cartel. They will always deflect their mistakes onto the HC or some assistants. Winning today hopefully changes the narrative from what it’s been for so long. At least in theory.

I’m enjoying the journey too. In the era of NFL parity, it’s absolutely mind boggling that the Cowboys haven’t won a divisional playoff game since ‘95. Man I’m tired of that streak. It’s past time to change that.
Well past time my friend. We’ve seen local teams advance several times since we have. The Mavs just made it to the Western Conf finals last season out of nowhere. Stars before that. Even TCU!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Another reason it’s a crossroads game to me is it gives this organization an opportunity to validate itself. If we win today, the way this team has been built and structured will be seen as viable. If we lose, it’s another brick in the wall of “Jerry and son don’t know how to build a real contender”.

Not that a narrative like that matters to the Jones cartel. They will always deflect their mistakes onto the HC or some assistants. Winning today hopefully changes the narrative from what it’s been for so long. At least in theory.

I’m enjoying the journey too. In the era of NFL parity, it’s absolutely mind boggling that the Cowboys haven’t won a divisional playoff game since ‘95. Man I’m tired of that streak. It’s past time to change that.
Yep, there are slight differences how this season developed (whilst putting the CAP on a manageable reset).
Whilst the ultimate goal is still the SB, that Bucc's performance exorcised so many of our demons.

Praxit

Reaction score
They certainly have their work cut out for for them!
49ers and Eagles on the road.
That's a tall order!
..on better aspect. At least its not Rocket Science. ;)..

VagueInbornHoneyeater.webp

Mark

Reaction score
My enduring memory of last year's playoff loss was the contrast between the two teams in the tunnel. The Niners were jumping up and down, clearly enthused and ready to play. The Cowboys looked like they were attending a wake, and had that "deer in the headlights" look you don't want to see before a game.

Here's hoping they show up loaded for bear today. I think this team will.

leeblair

Reaction score
Thirty years ago, a young but talented Cowboys team was headed to San Francisco to face the mighty 49ers in the 1992 NFC championship game (Jan, 1993) The Niners had won 4 SBs since the Cowboys had last played in one. Almost every media outlet picked the niners.

As we all well remember, the Cowboys won 30-20 in a game that proved to be a crossroads for that entire organization. The Cowboys went on to win 3 of the next 4 SBs in one of the most dominant half decades in NFL history. After a 14 year drought the good guys went on to their best SB run in their history.

Thirty years later, the 2022 Cowboys are at another crossroad In San Francisco.
  • Will this team win a divisional playoff game for the first time in 28 years and get to an NFC championship again?
  • Or will they fizzle out after a wild card win like so many times before?
  • This game can reset the trajectory of this entire organization.
  • Or create another re-reun of the last nearly three decades.
By 8:30 PM Sunday night we will know. Will the Cowboys make history or simply repeat it? No excuses. Time to go get it!
Let’s go Cowboys!
I think a lot of questions will be answered once and for all by the time this game ends.
If Dak chokes and lays an egg, only able to put up big yards once the game is out of reach and the defense is playing loose, he will be known for it and that will be his legacy.
If the Cowboys defense controls Brock Purdy and take control of this game, they are for real.
If Maher overcomes his glitch, he's a Super Bowl caliber kicker.
If the Cowboys hold to a well disciplined game plan and are better for it, McCarthy is the best coach the Cowboys can ask for.
This is a crossroads game alright;
We will know if the Cowboys are for real after this game.

basel90

Reaction score
Thirty years ago, a young but talented Cowboys team was headed to San Francisco to face the mighty 49ers in the 1992 NFC championship game (Jan, 1993) The Niners had won 4 SBs since the Cowboys had last played in one. Almost every media outlet picked the niners.

As we all well remember, the Cowboys won 30-20 in a game that proved to be a crossroads for that entire organization. The Cowboys went on to win 3 of the next 4 SBs in one of the most dominant half decades in NFL history. After a 14 year drought the good guys went on to their best SB run in their history.

Thirty years later, the 2022 Cowboys are at another crossroad In San Francisco.
  • Will this team win a divisional playoff game for the first time in 28 years and get to an NFC championship again?
  • Or will they fizzle out after a wild card win like so many times before?
  • This game can reset the trajectory of this entire organization.
  • Or create another re-reun of the last nearly three decades.
By 8:30 PM Sunday night we will know. Will the Cowboys make history or simply repeat it? No excuses. Time to go get it!
Let’s go Cowboys!It

Indeed way overdue for Jerry to put a winning team. Since 1996 so many teams won the Super Bowl or went to the Super Bowl . Many for the first time . Heck the rams won 2 and been to 1 Pittsburgh as well as Green Bay , and the Giants won 2 , eagles 1 and even Cincinnati and Arizona went to the SB .

ghst187

Reaction score
Really feels like Dak either takes the next step and takes over this game like he did the last or he will always end up just short

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I was going to start a thread of my own about this but this will work.

We've earned an opportunity today to change the narrative of the franchise. It's not the first time in the last 27 years, we've had several and we've failed every time.

We're 4 quarters away from the NFCCG.

Punch, kick, scratch, claw, whatever you have to do. Win the damn game and end this nightmare of being associated with Detroit and Washington.

I have hope but zero belief they are capable of doing it.

SlingBoy

Reaction score
Just play with heart, grit, pride but most of all play SMART. No double digit penalties or brainless turnovers. Cowboys do that and I think we'll be okay

ArtClink

Reaction score
Thats me, just call it fair on both sides. If you call one team for holding, call the other team for holding also.

If we get that and still lose, you cant really be too upset. Sometimes the other team is just better.
You can sure the game calls will be inconsistent cause that’s how the NFL likes to handle officiating.

The Rams Saints nfc championship with the mauling of the Saints receiver in the red zone remains the worst non call of all time as it literally decided the outcome (Dez catch in GB occurred w 4:55 on clock).