A different perspective

phildadon86

Reaction score
Ok this may sound out there but if you listen to Jerry and his son speak, being relevant and tv ratings, people talking about them etc. is the top priority.

Has anyone ever had the thought that these contract sagas with CeeDee could be being done on purpose. Every single sports channel yesterday was discussing the Dallas Cowboys one way or another. Regarding Twitter, Jerry’s comments, or CD unfollowing the Cowboys.

What if. Jerry and co and Lambs camp are working thru a potential deal, Jerry tells CeeDee, “let’s play a little game and drum up some ratings.” And CD agrees. This whole fiasco is just another marketing ploy, and he signs next week.

I know it’s out there but it’s Jerry we are talking about. So I think it’s possible.

What say you?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok this may sound out there but if you listen to Jerry and his son speak, being relevant and tv ratings, people talking about them etc. is the top priority.

Has anyone ever had the thought that these contract sagas with CeeDee could be being done on purpose. Every single sports channel yesterday was discussing the Dallas Cowboys one way or another. Regarding Twitter, Jerry’s comments, or CD unfollowing the Cowboys.

What if. Jerry and co and Lambs camp are working thru a potential deal, Jerry tells CeeDee, “let’s play a little game and drum up some ratings.” And CD agrees. This whole fiasco is just another marketing ploy, and he signs next week.

I know it’s out there but it’s Jerry we are talking about. So I think it’s possible.

What say you?
I say you're on to something big, just as the lovely @maryquality stated the other day! I think this has some light to it, I don't know why if it is true, it's weird, awkward and stupid!!! Just be a regular organization for once, and make things happen without the circus!!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
If this were true, you would have to be the biggest narcissistic pile of cow poop, which we all know describes Jerry to a tee. But as a somewhat normal person, I struggle to see what this does for Jerry. So what if it generates news, is it generating income? I would argue that it isn't doing anything for Jerry's bank account, so why do it?

If it comes to light it was actually true and was only done to promote the circus like atmosphere that Jerry seems to thrive in, then screw Jerry and screw the NFL for allowing it to happen. I don't watch WWE wrestling because of how fake it is, and if the NFL follows suit I will become a full time NHL fan. Screw Jerry and his ego.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
CeeDee would have to have a lot of trust in that scenario, or rather the agent who would get paid the same either way. Impossible? no, improbable, yes.

kskboys

Reaction score

What say you?
Possible.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm not going to say your wrong because there is a decent chance your right. It wouldn't surprise me if you nailed it.

BUT, the networks already were talking about the Cowboys more than any other team in the league before all this.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If this were true, you would have to be the biggest narcissistic pile of cow poop, which we all know describes Jerry to a tee. But as a somewhat normal person, I struggle to see what this does for Jerry. So what if it generates news, is it generating income? I would argue that it isn't doing anything for Jerry's bank account, so why do it?

If it comes to light it was actually true and was only done to promote the circus like atmosphere that Jerry seems to thrive in, then screw Jerry and screw the NFL for allowing it to happen. I don't watch WWE wrestling because of how fake it is, and if the NFL follows suit I will become a full time NHL fan. Screw Jerry and his ego.
Clicks and view do generate income. Cowboys being talked about generates income, all of this nonsense generates income or viewership. Leading to jersey sales, ticket sales etc. Which Jerry said a week ago is why the cowboys are “eons” ahead of the 31 other nfl teams.

Flamma

Reaction score

What say you?
An owner is not going to make stupid deals with a player. But I certainly wouldn't put it past him to do it on his own. Drag it out, then pay top dollar.

RS12

Reaction score
No doubt that Jerry, much lile a teenage girl, loves any type of attention. I dont however believe the contract drama is another cry for attention. I firmly believe he has finally seen one too many playoff flops. The whole setting the market thing is done by whoever is dumb enough to set it.

kskboys

Reaction score
No doubt that Jerry, much lile a teenage girl, loves any type of attention. I dont however believe the contract drama is another cry for attention. I firmly believe he has finally seen one too many playoff flops. The whole setting the market thing is done by whoever is dumb enough to set it.
The market thing is merely the current buzzword used to make an excuse to be greedy.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The market thing is merely the current buzzword used to make an excuse to be greedy.
Absolutely... I don't think Dak is a dumb person. I'm sure he realizes he isn't Mahomes, so how else can he sell demanding a contract that blows away a 4 time super bowl champion? You throw out the 'market value' nonsense.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I totally agree, what is he gaining from this. Jerry has become extremely silly with things he says, he does that laugh and smile like come on man, let's be serious for once!!! FYI coog HATES wrestling more than the Eagles!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CeeDee would have to have a lot of trust in that scenario, or rather the agent who would get paid the same either way. Impossible? no, improbable, yes.
how when Jerry knows deep down inside he REALLY doesn't want to lose him, dak maybe micah no!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What say you?
Ya kinda far fetched on this one.
GB changed everything for Jerry and rightfully so as once again his TOP players stunk up the joint and fans were leaving in the 1st half.
CD is a big boy and is under contract and then can be tagged for 2 years.
He is NOT Hill or Jefferson WR quality.
Most of his stats are against weaker teams and like our other so-called STUD players goes MIA in the playoffs.
I am pleasantly surprised that Jerry has finally made a stand against the facade these players are selling and proving nothing come playoff time!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

What say you?
that maybe partially true. Jerry loves attention. he said it himself, that being on the news is more important than anything, so even bad news is good as long as they get headlines.

Jerry also learned that he can act this way, get attention be on the news and give out the big contract in the end, which is what players care about and its all OK and in fact it generates more headlines. he did it with Dak, ended up giving a large contract. he did it with Zeke and others...

so yeah, I agree, Jerry is doing it on purpose. I don't think Lamb is in the loop

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ya kinda far fetched on this one.
GB changed everything for Jerry and rightfully so as once again his TOP players stunk up the joint and fans were leaving in the 1st half.
CD is a big boy and is under contract and then can be tagged for 2 years.
He is NOT Hill or Jefferson WR quality.
Most of his stats are against weaker teams and like our other so-called STUD players goes MIA in the playoffs.
I am pleasantly surprised that Jerry has finally made a stand against the facade these players are selling and proving nothing come playoff time!!
we don't know that for sure, i'm still waiting once some OTHER teams news has taken place, Jerry will have to feel important and say we've signed Lamb to a 36 million dollar deal!

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Absolutely it’s the case. Dark, CeeDee and Micah.

When it gets dry on 1 name, they go back to 1 of the other 3.