A different perspective

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The only way that would make sense is if MM, the coaching staff and every single player were in on it as well. I have no doubt Jerry is negotiating with his QB and WR, but as always with the old bat it will be on his and his terms only

kskboys

Reaction score
Absolutely... I don't think Dak is a dumb person. I'm sure he realizes he isn't Mahomes, so how else can he sell demanding a contract that blows away a 4 time super bowl champion? You throw out the 'market value' nonsense.
Nonsense is exactly what it is. How in the world do you say Daniel Jones and Tua both have the same market value as Mahomes and Burrows?

They are actually using the wrong word, as market value is tied strongly to the value of one item compared to another item. A bushel of nice tomatoes does not have the same value as a bushel of wormy tomatoes.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ok this may sound out there but if you listen to Jerry and his son speak, being relevant and tv ratings, people talking about them etc. is the top priority.

Has anyone ever had the thought that these contract sagas with CeeDee could be being done on purpose. Every single sports channel yesterday was discussing the Dallas Cowboys one way or another. Regarding Twitter, Jerry’s comments, or CD unfollowing the Cowboys.

What if. Jerry and co and Lambs camp are working thru a potential deal, Jerry tells CeeDee, “let’s play a little game and drum up some ratings.” And CD agrees. This whole fiasco is just another marketing ploy, and he signs next week.

I know it’s out there but it’s Jerry we are talking about. So I think it’s possible.

What say you?
I say no.

Because Jerry has always been a loose lipped fool as has his son. They both are notorious for saying too much or the wrong thing publicly.

Jerry meant what he said. It was no game. Jerry is a stubborn egomaniac who thinks he's in control here. And he loves to project strength and power publicly so when he said he has no urgency to sign Lamb, he thinks he's showing the world how tough he is.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I say you're on to something big, just as the lovely @maryquality stated the other day! I think this has some light to it, I don't know why if it is true, it's weird, awkward and stupid!!! Just be a regular organization for once, and make things happen without the circus!!
Great minds think alike!!! LOL :grin:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I say no.

Because Jerry has always been a loose lipped fool as has his son. They both are notorious for saying too much or the wrong thing publicly.

Jerry meant what he said. It was no game. Jerry is a stubborn egomaniac who thinks he's in control here. And he loves to project strength and power publicly so when he said he has no urgency to sign Lamb, he thinks he's showing the world how tough he is.
and then folds like a piece of paper (see zeke contract)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ok this may sound out there but if you listen to Jerry and his son speak, being relevant and tv ratings, people talking about them etc. is the top priority.

Has anyone ever had the thought that these contract sagas with CeeDee could be being done on purpose. Every single sports channel yesterday was discussing the Dallas Cowboys one way or another. Regarding Twitter, Jerry’s comments, or CD unfollowing the Cowboys.

What if. Jerry and co and Lambs camp are working thru a potential deal, Jerry tells CeeDee, “let’s play a little game and drum up some ratings.” And CD agrees. This whole fiasco is just another marketing ploy, and he signs next week.

I know it’s out there but it’s Jerry we are talking about. So I think it’s possible.

What say you?
Anything is possible but I’ve maintained it’s been more about public perception.

After last years embarrassing playoff loss he didn’t want to look too eager shelling out Market Price .

I think he’s intended on paying all along. And the longer he goes the more sympathy he has in the public eye.

kskboys

Reaction score
Anything is possible but I’ve maintained it’s been more about public perception.

After last years embarrassing playoff loss he didn’t want to look too eager shelling out Market Price .

I think he’s intended on paying all along. And the longer he goes the more sympathy he has in the public eye.
Prolly something like that.

Jerry likes his toys. CD is a toy. Can't imagine him not paying him, and paying him way too much.

visionary

Reaction score

Jerry has “sympathy”?
Other than 3 deluded and moronic fans on CZ no one with half a brain has any sympathy for this idiot
Why are Cowboys fans so utterly stupid?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Absolutely... I don't think Dak is a dumb person. I'm sure he realizes he isn't Mahomes, so how else can he sell demanding a contract that blows away a 4 time super bowl champion? You throw out the 'market value' nonsense.
Im not arguing with your overall point here but this is second time today you said Mahomes a 4 time SB Champ. He’s been to 4 but only won 3 so far:)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry has “sympathy”?
Other than 3 deluded and moronic fans on CZ no one with half a brain has any sympathy for this idiot
Why are Cowboys fans so utterly stupid?
Sure they do. They are calling these players Greedy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nonsense is exactly what it is. How in the world do you say Daniel Jones and Tua both have the same market value as Mahomes and Burrows?

They are actually using the wrong word, as market value is tied strongly to the value of one item compared to another item. A bushel of nice tomatoes does not have the same value as a bushel of wormy tomatoes.
Absolutely no argument there.

That said Market Price for Franchise QB’s is a little different . It doesn’t represent a pecking order. It should but it doesn’t .

We can discuss why that is:)

Eightneight

Reaction score

What say you?
I don't think it's "out there" at all. Quite believable actually.

conner01

Reaction score

What say you?
Jerry loves attention so you may be right

Sandyf

Reaction score
The market thing is merely the current buzzword used to make an excuse to be greedy.
I disagree. The owners make billions and you want players not to get everything they can because you want them to take less so supposedly helping the team. Then make the owners give guaranteed contracts because as soon as a player gets hurt and can't play as good they are jettisoned.

Forget the amount of the contract because the only thing that matters is the guaranteed amount of the contract.