A different perspective

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I disagree. The owners make billions and you want players not to get everything they can because you want them to take less so supposedly helping the team. Then make the owners give guaranteed contracts because as soon as a player gets hurt and can't play as good they are jettisoned.

Forget the amount of the contract because the only thing that matters is the guaranteed amount of the contract.
In theory Kskboys is right. It is an excuse to demand more . That doesn’t mean they don’t have a right to pursue it.

Fans are torn cause the Cap limits teams from retaining all of their talent which of course prevents them to be more competitive and ultimately able to build a potential championship team. Even though it’s not the player’s responsibility to balance and or manage the Cap.

Fans need to blame someone. Many this era don’t know what it’s like not to have a Cap. So they don’t blame the owners . Who could better circumvent this issue .

rambo2

Reaction score
Ok this may sound out there but if you listen to Jerry and his son speak, being relevant and tv ratings, people talking about them etc. is the top priority.

Has anyone ever had the thought that these contract sagas with CeeDee could be being done on purpose. Every single sports channel yesterday was discussing the Dallas Cowboys one way or another. Regarding Twitter, Jerry’s comments, or CD unfollowing the Cowboys.

What if. Jerry and co and Lambs camp are working thru a potential deal, Jerry tells CeeDee, “let’s play a little game and drum up some ratings.” And CD agrees. This whole fiasco is just another marketing ploy, and he signs next week.

I know it’s out there but it’s Jerry we are talking about. So I think it’s possible.

What say you?
I think that you are exactly right.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Nonsense is exactly what it is. How in the world do you say Daniel Jones and Tua both have the same market value as Mahomes and Burrows?

They are actually using the wrong word, as market value is tied strongly to the value of one item compared to another item. A bushel of nice tomatoes does not have the same value as a bushel of wormy tomatoes.
You are confusing market value with market rate. Jones and Tua signing deals later than better QBs entitled them to better market rates. Their market values would be apparent if they all signed deals the same year.

But value is debatable. In your black and white tomatoes example, wormy tomatoes could have the same or more value to a person who just crawled out of a desert with no food or water than good tomatoes to a well-nourished person. This is all to say what is the value of having a franchise QB to present to your fans (along with hope of success) versus rolling the dice to find one with an almost certain struggle to do so (unless you're the 49ers)? What's that worth to a franchise looking to sell tickets? The answer is not the same for all franchises.

Players seeking market rate/value is not a new thing at all. I think it's just the latest thing people who don't want to see them paid now use to hurl at them as some moral failing to look down on them for. You claim to not care how much players make but will not miss an opportunity to call players greedy every chance you get. Your speech tells us exactly what you really think though, lol.

Praxit

Reaction score
...lol..Jerry to old for mental games. maybe he's done paying people before contract is up. the ball is in his court. play well, and you'll get your money .

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok this may sound out there but if you listen to Jerry and his son speak, being relevant and tv ratings, people talking about them etc. is the top priority.

Has anyone ever had the thought that these contract sagas with CeeDee could be being done on purpose. Every single sports channel yesterday was discussing the Dallas Cowboys one way or another. Regarding Twitter, Jerry’s comments, or CD unfollowing the Cowboys.

What if. Jerry and co and Lambs camp are working thru a potential deal, Jerry tells CeeDee, “let’s play a little game and drum up some ratings.” And CD agrees. This whole fiasco is just another marketing ploy, and he signs next week.

I know it’s out there but it’s Jerry we are talking about. So I think it’s possible.

What say you?
I don't like make believe, sorry.