A different take on the run game

phildadon86

Reaction score
Ok. So here is a different take on this years run game. I was listening to Reggie Bush on Undisputed and he brought up a good point about its not the amount of carries its the efficiency of the carries and how the run scheme may have changed under Moore. Now that is one take that makes kind of sense.

Now here is my take and it may be completely out of left field but I think this OL may not be giving it their all for Zeke due to his holdout. It may sound crazy but it makes sense as well considering how good they look in pass protection this season (protecting Dak who didnt hold out). They may be sending Zeke a message? It makes no sense how the run blocking gets better as soon as Pollard is on the field too. It just seems they arent giving the same effort when 21 is back there. Who knows. All i know is we need to get both facets of the offense going or our playoff success will be short lived.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yes ....... But Zeke never missed a game ...... The online would not feel disrespected by him missing training camp
It was just a though. To be honest I just wanted a change on the board from the typical. Id rather discuss a reason far fetched then the reasoning that he just sucks lol. I love me some Zeke but something has changed.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
It was just a though. To be honest I just wanted a change on the board from the typical. Id rather discuss a reason far fetched then the reasoning that he just sucks lol. I love me some Zeke but something has changed.

Something has changed with a lot of players this year ....... I think the previous OC was more about designing run plays and the current one wants to pass.

simplycowboys210

Reaction score
Ok. So here is a different take on this years run game. I was listening to Reggie Bush on Undisputed and he brought up a good point about its not the amount of carries its the efficiency of the carries and how the run scheme may have changed under Moore. Now that is one take that makes kind of sense.

Now here is my take and it may be completely out of left field but I think this OL may not be giving it their all for Zeke due to his holdout. It may sound crazy but it makes sense as well considering how good they look in pass protection this season (protecting Dak who didnt hold out). They may be sending Zeke a message? It makes no sense how the run blocking gets better as soon as Pollard is on the field too. It just seems they arent giving the same effort when 21 is back there. Who knows. All i know is we need to get both facets of the offense going or our playoff success will be short lived.
the run blocking doesn't get better when Pollard is on the field, due to them avg about the same per carry and have around the same longest run which were both against the Dolphins.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

really...that's your theory...OL is playing soft because zeke held out....

I swear this place sometimes :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@phildadon86 Yes, that is a 'different' take on the running game. 'Different' like in an odd, wacky I would have never thought of it that way different.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I said this before the season even started. I wonder if they offensive line is going to have an issue. I don't think there's any propaganda. This team wants to win and they're not going to let her running back holding back

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

Oh but I’m crazy for coming up with “crazy” chemistry problem conspiracies? I’m delusional for thinking that the team has slight player problems? Now you’re hypothesizing that Zeke is being blackballed by his own o-line? Wow :facepalm:. Look at you now.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Oh but I’m crazy for coming up with “crazy” chemistry problem conspiracies? I’m delusional for thinking that the team has slight player problems? Now you’re hypothesizing that Zeke is being blackballed by his own o-line? Wow :facepalm:. Look at you now.
Oh snap!