A different take on the run game

snapper

Reaction score
I think the o-line is banged up. The only player consistently playing better than last year is Collins.

I think the running game will improve, albeit slowly.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Oh but I’m crazy for coming up with “crazy” chemistry problem conspiracies? I’m delusional for thinking that the team has slight player problems? Now you’re hypothesizing that Zeke is being blackballed by his own o-line? Wow :facepalm:. Look at you now.
I knew this would get you going. In all fairness it happened in the movie Any Given Sunday so it could happen? lol. In reality the first part of my post is probably the reality. Moore has changed the run scheme and it has affected the run.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yes and I agree with that.
See. If you look at this thread. Its amazing that all the comments are about the second part and not the first. I am happy i did this reading test and now know I can post whatever I want as long as a crazy thought comes after the first part will be ignored.

quickccc

Reaction score
The run blocking has been compromised, but it's also EzE's not hitting the hole in time.

Is the OL blocking greater or lesser, when Tony Pollard is running in the game ? (and given more than just 1 mere carry ala Vikes game)

Tony Tiger is in the same OL scheme as zeke, with the very same OL unit that Zeke is running through, but Pollard seems to be displaying a noticeable burst in out-hole of these holes that I am just not seeing with Zeke.

there is some compromise and TE in-line should be included too overall, but based off what i'm seeing in the difference when Pollard shows in limited time, I think it's
definitely more Zeke than it is the OL.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ok. So here is a different take on this years run game. I was listening to Reggie Bush on Undisputed and he brought up a good point about its not the amount of carries its the efficiency of the carries and how the run scheme may have changed under Moore. Now that is one take that makes kind of sense.

Now here is my take and it may be completely out of left field but I think this OL may not be giving it their all for Zeke due to his holdout. It may sound crazy but it makes sense as well considering how good they look in pass protection this season (protecting Dak who didnt hold out). They may be sending Zeke a message? It makes no sense how the run blocking gets better as soon as Pollard is on the field too. It just seems they arent giving the same effort when 21 is back there. Who knows. All i know is we need to get both facets of the offense going or our playoff success will be short lived.

It's the actual run gameplan that sucks. And Pollard is a completely different runner than Zeke. Zeke is a downhill straight away runner that gains speed and hits the hole. Pollard is the quick shifty runner. But I would not accuse our OL of sabotaging our RB and games to make a point. I just really don't think they would do that. If they did it on one play and let him get buried, that's one thing, but to continue it? I don't think so. Like I mentioned before in regards to that 3 yard loss against the Vikings. The blocking wasn't bad, they just ran the wrong blocking assignment or Zeke ran to the wrong spot.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ok. So here is a different take on this years run game. I was listening to Reggie Bush on Undisputed and he brought up a good point about its not the amount of carries its the efficiency of the carries and how the run scheme may have changed under Moore. Now that is one take that makes kind of sense.

Now here is my take and it may be completely out of left field but I think this OL may not be giving it their all for Zeke due to his holdout. It may sound crazy but it makes sense as well considering how good they look in pass protection this season (protecting Dak who didnt hold out). They may be sending Zeke a message? It makes no sense how the run blocking gets better as soon as Pollard is on the field too. It just seems they arent giving the same effort when 21 is back there. Who knows. All i know is we need to get both facets of the offense going or our playoff success will be short lived.

Seems difficult for a segment of the fan base to face the fact that Zeke is no longer a great back.

So all of a sudden Pollard finds holes and makes plays when he is in there? How about just accepting that he is a better back?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Seems difficult for a segment of the fan base to face the fact that Zeke is no longer a great back.

So all of a sudden Pollard finds holes and makes plays when he is in there? How about just accepting that he is a better back?
Tell me when pollard has Zekes numbers in 3 years. Joke of a post

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't see the benefit to the O-Linemen to intentionally look bad run blocking for Zeke. Their reputation has been built on making Zeke look good, so sending a message to Zeke by making themselves look bad doesn't make much sense. Plus, it would hurt them further by harming the team as a whole.

phildadon86

Reaction score

I guess that Brandon weeden was a better quarterback than Romo with this logic since when he came in mid game he did well. Lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Tell me when pollard has Zekes numbers in 3 years. Joke of a post

You said the same thing about Dak and Romo. How did that turn out?

I cant control when the coaches will give pollard legitimate reps. But whenever that day comes, it will be obvious. Knowing this coaching staff, that could be years.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You said the same thing about Dak and Romo. How did that turn out?

I cant control when the coaches will give pollard legitimate reps. But whenever that day comes, it will be obvious. Knowing this coaching staff, that could be years.
I chose Dak over Romo since day one. I think you have me confused lol

phildadon86

Reaction score
That dumb logic came from you, not me. This thread is about RB's.
Well you’re talking about the backup being better in limited touches coming in to spell the starter. I see a very similar thing. You don’t because it doesn’t fit your agenda against Zeke. P.s I’ve always been bigging up Dak over Romo since day one. Ask @WillieBeamen

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well you’re talking about the backup being better in limited touches coming in to spell the starter. I see a very similar thing. You don’t because it doesn’t fit your agenda against Zeke. P.s I’ve always been bigging up Dak over Romo since day one. Ask @WillieBeamen

Well..............Im not talking about anything you arent talking about. At this point you are arguing with yourself.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think the o-line is banged up. The only player consistently playing better than last year is Collins.

I think the running game will improve, albeit slowly.

Amazing how Dak and the passing game have no issues with the Oline.

Oline is paving the way for the #1 offense in the NFL. Zeke seems to be the ONLY player on offense that cant work within this offense.

EJK24

Reaction score
I think it's probably a combination of things but to me it seems like it could be more about the technique, play design, or something along those lines.

I understand guys take steps back due to injury but I feel like this group up front is better then they are showing right now. I know Columbo and Callahan are two different types of coaches though, and not much has changed since then in terms of personnel.

I'm not saying this is the only thing is could be but it seems alot more logical than saying Zeke is fat, slow, lacks vision, has no burst, etc.. I can't see him AND the o-line all regressing in talent and health enough to make the run game look like a shell of what it once was. Something is obviously wrong, alot of us see a drop off in the way we run the ball, but what types of run plays are called and what the line is being asked to do may not be what suits this team best right now.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You're right. It's crazy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was just a though. To be honest I just wanted a change on the board from the typical. Id rather discuss a reason far fetched then the reasoning that he just sucks lol. I love me some Zeke but something has changed.
Maybe he has a rock in his shoe?