CFZ A Dose of Reality

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can say a lot of things about Prescott, but one thing that is hard to ignore is his record against NFC East teams.

In his career, Prescott is 27-6 against the NFC East during the regular season including being 18-1 in his last 19 games against them.

Unfortunately, that means little in the playoffs because the Cowboys keep finding ways to disappoint everyone when the playoffs start.

The fact that his record has been that impressive against NFC East teams combined with hardly any playoff success is why some fans are not fans of Prescott.

I know it feels good feeling some sort of vindication against the Dak haters when the Cowboys and Prescott win games like the one today, but it is what we have come to expect during the regular season.

I want badly for the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl and it would be great to see Dak Prescott lead the team to winning one, but until he and the Cowboys break the the pattern of post-season failures nothing has changed.

Like most Cowboys fans, the negativity wears on me like it wears on everyone else, but so does the frustration of the same failures occurring year after year.

Maybe this year will be THE year or maybe it will be yet another great regular season that ends quickly in the post-season like we have endured for 27 years with a variety of quarterbacks including Romo and Prescott.

Dak is a great guy and the kind of guy you want to be your quarterback and lead your team.

What he is not yet is a real "winner". Winners win championships, not divisions or wildcards as those just the things that get you into the real games.

I would love for Prescott and the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl this season, but until that happens some fans are not going to be happy and it's hard to blame them .. especially when I am one of them.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You can say a lot of things about Prescott, but one thing that is hard to ignore is his record against NFC East teams.

In his career, Prescott is 27-6 against the NFC East during the regular season including being 18-1 in his last 19 games against them.

Unfrotunately, that means little in the playoffs because the Cowboys keep finding ways to disappoint everyone when the playoffs start.

The fact that his record has been that impressive against NFC East teams combined with hardly any playoff success is why some fans are not fans of Prescott.

I know it feels good feeling some sort of vindication against the Dak haters when the Cowboys and Prescott win games like the one today, but it is what we have come to expect during the regular season.

I want badly for the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl and it would be great to see Dak Prescott lead the team to winning one, but until he and the Cowboys break the the pattern of post-season failures nothing has changed.

Like most Cowboys fans, the negativity wears on me like it wears on everyone else, but so does the frustration of the same failures occurring year after year.

Maybe this year will be THE year or maybe it will be yet another great regular season that ends quickly in the post-season like we have endured for 27 years with a variety of quarterbacks including Romo and Prescott.

Dak is a great guy and the kind of guy you want to be your quarterback and lead your team.

What he is not yet is a real "winner". Winners win championships, not divisions or wildcards as those just the things that get you into the real games.

I would love for Prescott and the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl this season, but until that happens, some fans are not going to be happy and it's hard to blame them .. especially when I am one of them.

Sorry I cannot agree with this. There are many great players who never won a championship because they landed on the wrong team. This aint basketball. One guy can only do so much.. A QB is standing on the sidelines for 2/3 of the game so this insistence on putting it all on him is misguided at best. I know it's easy to say "___ QB has ___ record" but it is ALWAYS about the team.. Always has been.. always will be. Yes the QB is in position to influence the game the most of any single player.. But again.. he's standing on the sidelines for 2/3 of the game and there are 47 other players suited up for the game. We really need to move away from that whole QB record thing. I know it will never happen.. but it needs to.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I have problems with the concept that winners win championships being used against a QB. One player cannot get that done in a game that depends heavily on team play. When we haven't been good enough, that can't be all laid at the QB's feet. Sometimes none of it should be laid at the QB's feet. Sometimes some of it should.

I'd argue, for example, that Romo played well enough for us to beat Green Bay in 2014, but other aspects of the team were not good enough. Who knows what would have happened if we had gotten by the Packers? Is it Romo's fault that Murray fumbled? Is it Romo's fault that Bryant's catch was ruled an incompletion because he didn't complete the process? Is it Romo's fault that the defense couldn't hold a lead?

These same things apply to Dak. If we had lost this game, many on here would have pointed to the pick-six that Prescott threw early in the game despite the fact that the offense ended up putting up 40 points.

Ken

Reaction score
Yes, we all want to win the super bowl. Yes we all have gone thru the horrible disappointments.

The contant negativity because of it....i can't stand it. I would much rather be positive and enjoy our wins and be disappointed in the playoffs(if that happens) than constantly have to be told why we shouldn't be happy or reminded we haven't won in 20+ years.

It is OLD.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score

Unfrotunately, that means little in the playoffs because the Cowboys keep finding ways to disappoint everyone when the playoffs start.

I would love for Prescott and the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl this season, but until that happens, some fans are not going to be happy and it's hard to blame them .. especially when I am one of them.
By your description, there are only 5 QBs in the NFL worth having right now. Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Matthew Stafford and Patrick Mahomes. At this point in their careers, the only one that I am taking over Prescott is Mahomes.

bigE79

Reaction score

Cowboy fans will agree with this..and I being a Cowboy fan, completely agree.. great post

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
For a variety of QB’s (yes, including Aikman) their GM has been J Jones, so near impossible to overcome. I won’t ever be convinced that a single player, at any position is the reason a team wins or loses in the playoffs, and it has always seemed ridiculous that we fans and the press say things like “Staubach is 2-2 in Superbowls, for example). This is either the ultimate team game, or it’s not. I believe it is.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
A Cowboys QB will never truly be successful until he wins a super bowl. It's what separates the Aikmans and Staubachs from the Whites and Romos.

That's always the perception, and I get it, but a QB can only control what's in his hands.

If the defense gets trucked for 273 rushing yards, gives up 30+ points, that's not on him.

Fun fact, the Cowboys have never won a playoff game when the opponent scored 30+ points. That includes Aikman and Staubach. It's a team game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak played a great game today. Got to give him credit. But it's the playoffs that matter. Don't know if we'll do anything if that defense doesn't get fixed. Don't know what happened to it.

They're down four starters for one.. Hankins, LVE, Brown and Lewis and both Lawrence and Parsons are wearing down. I'd half like to see both of them sit out these last two games..

T-RO

Reaction score
Yes the QB is in position to influence the game the most of any single player.. But again.. he's standing on the sidelines for 2/3 of the game and there are 47 other players suited up for the game. We really need to move away from that whole QB record thing. I know it will never happen.. but it needs to.

100%. And same for Romo.

I have problems with the concept that winners win championships being used against a QB.

Again, 100%

A Cowboys QB will never truly be successful until he wins a super bowl. It's what separates the Aikmans and Staubachs from the Whites and Romos.
Really? How many Hall-of-Famers played alongside Romo, compared to what Roger and Troy had? Has a "Doomsday Defenses" ever been paired with Dak?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

With all the defensive injuries I don't see us going far in the playoffs.
We most probably draw the NFC South winner which will be a weaker team.
Hopefully we will win that game.