A fan or not

renny

Reaction score
Then you support the entire Defense too? And the owner? And the coach? Or does this only apply to Dak? Please enlighten us more on what being a "true Cowboys fan" means.
Supporting and not bashing the Dallas Cowboys!

renny

Reaction score
The worst fans are the ones who want to tell other fans how to be fans. You know the super fans, and we have our share here that's for sure. Unless you are here to troll, independent thinking should be encouraged.
No troller, I know and understand players are liked and disliked and sometimes not football related.

renny

Reaction score
Isn't this a place to talk all things Cowboys? lol If the team looked good the response would be mostly positive. If they don't look good which happens to be the case at the moment... negative. Welcome to the forums!
I really do believe this site was to support the Cowboys, there are several other sites that bash the Cowboys.

zerofill

Reaction score
There are a lot of players I don't support on the Cowboys team lol...

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
What I find the absolute most ridiculous position to take is to despise a player for the money they make. It first assumes the team, had they not signed the player, would have gone out and found players for less that would make a significant difference on the season and in those player's careers. We all here, save for those who just started watching football, understand the dynamics of the management structure, and its history in selecting players.

Just consider Jerry traded back, then traded back up to pick Quincy Carter. His intent to prove he is a football guy will end the day they throw dirt on his coffin. And that is no guarantee the team will become enlightened then because Stephen is not an upgrade on Jerry. He just may not be as vocal.

The second part of this is the idea the team cannot get players they want in fee agency because of a high salary. The fan's idea of the cap and the reality of the cap are not the same. While Stephen is cut from the same branch as his father, he has been working the cap for over two decades. When he states the cap is not the reason you can't get who you want, then I take that as fact.

The final reason whining about the salary is, it isn't under your control. All that chest beating and "expert" opinion tossed out on the cap and the cap hit of specific players means you are sweating the small

iu

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I have been watching the boys since the middle 70's the only team I watched as a kid and still the only team I watch play in the NFL. I have rode the good times and the bad but never waivered in my support of this team. Does that mean I am in love with everyone that has been a player or coach for this team. NOPE. But when they kick off on Sundays, its all about winning and hoping every single player, even the ones I don't like, play great. I was not and am not a fan of Jimmy Johnson, not in the least. Of all the coaches, he is by far the one I hate the most-Wade is a distant second but that did not prevent me enjoying the Superbowl years with him as the coach. Same for any player. This is a message board, its where fans come to discuss their team. So of course, we aren't all going to agree or like or dislike the same players, it wouldn't be any fun if we did.

Go Cowboys!

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of reading Dak fans as if the poster isn't a Dak fan. Aren't we all Cowboy fans? If you don't support a certain player who plays for the Cowboys, then I question if you are a true Cowboys fan. This is really sicking and we deserve what we're getting right now. All this whinning, crying and LYING is old. This fan base here is really becoming the laughing stock of the NFL.

People don't have to like someone on the cowboys just because you think he is the greatest. The problem on this board is people who can't accept that others have different opinions than they do. If you suffered through all those 5-11 seasons and those 8-8 seasons, the era of mediocrity, and still claim the Cowboys as your team, then you are a true fan. Some people just think that Dak isn't what is best for the Cowboys.

jnday

Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of reading Dak fans as if the poster isn't a Dak fan. Aren't we all Cowboy fans? If you don't support a certain player who plays for the Cowboys, then I question if you are a true Cowboys fan. This is really sicking and we deserve what we're getting right now. All this whinning, crying and LYING is old. This fan base here is really becoming the laughing stock of the NFL.
I guess you supported a POS like Greg Hardy and every other player that has ever played for Dallas.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
the fan base is the fan base. Every team has roughly the same cast of characters.

Now, how about the state of the football team?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's possible to criticize certain players, yet hope they do better. Granted, there are some posters who would rather see a player they dislike fail miserably and get cut than see that player improve and become an asset, but I think those posters are less common.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I never said that. I said that cussing about a player is not supporting them. And that's fine -- if you don't like a particular player, or coach, or whatever, that's your prerogative. It doesn't make you any less of a fan to the Cowboys team. Now, if you didn't support anyone on the team or somehow intentionally tried to sabotage the team's efforts, then of course that's a different conversation.
Yes, fandom purgatory is running wild,, and sabotage is on high alert.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Actually it’s our franchise which has become the laughing stock with Jethro and the Jone$ clan running football operations.

As fans and patrons we are allowed to call out and critique all of the moving parts including ownership , coaching and personnel while supporting the sum.

Fans calling out other fans cause they don’t support or follow in the same fashion is an attempt to divide and conquer.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can be a fan of the team and not a fan of the fans. But you won't make any fans by telling them how to be a fan.

These "how to be a fan according to me" threads never end up well. Posters in a bad mood are seldom receptive to this "constructive criticism".

Want to counter the negativity? Try bringing some positivity to the party. And this ain't it.

CWR

Reaction score
If you dont support them, you're not a fan. Criticize them, cuss them out etc.. ...but if you dont support them, you don't belong.

When you actively root against a player on the team you aren't a fan. Im not saying we have anyone like that, but sometimes it appears that way.

blueblood70

Reaction score

I agree to a point , get what you are saying and im guessing when the games on they are pulling for every player to have a great game , however in between games fans have opinions some far to negative some far to positive and then many are just caught in the middle of the storm..

the in fighting really does get old its like us in the middle of bad marriage where the parents are always fighting lol:oldcouple:

it is getting pretty toxic around here

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You can be a fan of the team and not a fan of the fans. But you won't make any fans by telling them how to be a fan.

These "how to be a fan according to me" threads never end up well. Posters in a bad mood are seldom receptive to this "constructive criticism".

Want to counter the negativity? Try bringing some positivity to the party. And this ain't it.
Right!!

Hating on haters or whining about whiners is a dead-end road. It’s difficult to decipher which is worse.

Instead , rise above it and provide your positive spin and let the message stand on its own merit.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

So I've been a fan of this franchise since around 1975 - that's 45 years for those of you who are challenged mathematically. I've been through MANY ups and downs through all those years, and just the fact that I'm here taking the time to post, comment, etc, as bad as the franchise has been for the past 25 years, should mean something.

Who the hell are you to question whether I'm a 'real fan' or not? Get over yourself...