A fan or not

foofighters

Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of reading Dak fans as if the poster isn't a Dak fan. Aren't we all Cowboy fans? If you don't support a certain player who plays for the Cowboys, then I question if you are a true Cowboys fan. This is really sicking and we deserve what we're getting right now. All this whinning, crying and LYING is old. This fan base here is really becoming the laughing stock of the NFL.
LOL!!! How about you don't tell me how to be a fan, and I'll won't tell you how to be one? Ok?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree to a point , get what you are saying and im guessing when the games on they are pulling for every player to have a great game , however in between games fans have opinions some far to negative some far to positive and then many are just caught in the middle of the storm..

the in fighting really does get old its like us in the middle of bad marriage where the parents are always fighting lol:oldcouple:

it is getting pretty toxic around here
That's funny. When you put that graphic in that context, it looks like they're beating on each other. :laugh:

LittleD

Reaction score
Is Dak a nice guy? Absolutely. Is Dak a pretty good player? Yep. Is Dak a good leader? Yes. Is Dak worth 30mil+ a year for the next 4 or 5 years given the state of this team
and our countless needs? NO, NOPE, NADA.

GMO415

Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of reading Dak fans as if the poster isn't a Dak fan. Aren't we all Cowboy fans? If you don't support a certain player who plays for the Cowboys, then I question if you are a true Cowboys fan. This is really sicking and we deserve what we're getting right now. All this whinning, crying and LYING is old. This fan base here is really becoming the laughing stock of the NFL.
Put down the bottle.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

As loyal fans, we have the God-given right to critic anything concerning our team.
Accepting an inept QB just because our GM is an idiot and thinks he found lighting in the bottle with a 4th round comp pick has agenda-driven all over it!!!
Hey, bud we want to win win win accepting mediocrity and sacrificing the Stars glory for any one player including inept Prescotts brings into question the loyalty of any proclaimed Cowboy fan!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The vibe on the forum is often dictated by the teams success or failures.

I’m not sure why we’d expect a more positive vibe at 1-3 and the start to this season ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Here’s a positive spin. My first lock of the season.

Im picking the Cowboys to win and cover this Sunday. 1st time this year. Somehow I think we can hold off the hapless Giants.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The vibe on the forum is often dictated by the teams success or failures.

I’m not sure why we’d expect a more positive vibe at 1-3 and the start to this season ?

Do you think they care about the team?:rolleyes:
The only thing that concerns these Dak-Trolls here is Dak!
The bigger the contract the better for these Dak-Trolls no matter how much this will hinder our cap and roster!
Wins are secondary for this crowd!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Do you think they care about the team?:rolleyes:
The only thing that concerns these Dak-Trolls here is Dak!
The bigger the contract the better for these Dak-Trolls no matter how much this will hinder our cap and roster!
Wins are secondary for this crowd!!!
Sometimes it’s difficult on an anonymous fan forum to decipher between a Troll and just a slobbering Dak fan. So many of our fans are kids and become infatuated with their star players despite the results of the team. Fans come in all sizes.

Trolls come in all fashions too. Some have a personal agenda against or for a subject never waiverIng the results so not to be wrong. I’ve been guilty of trolling certain issues or subjects myself. We probably all have to some extent.

Ultimately our message is the driving force . We should attempt to separate our emotions which is often difficult for some fans. It’s often all wrapped up together.

kskboys

Reaction score
What I find the absolute most ridiculous position to take is to despise a player for the money they make. It first assumes the team, had they not signed the player, would have gone out and found players for less that would make a significant difference on the season and in those player's careers. We all here, save for those who just started watching football, understand the dynamics of the management structure, and its history in selecting players.

Just consider Jerry traded back, then traded back up to pick Quincy Carter. His intent to prove he is a football guy will end the day they throw dirt on his coffin. And that is no guarantee the team will become enlightened then because Stephen is not an upgrade on Jerry. He just may not be as vocal.

The second part of this is the idea the team cannot get players they want in fee agency because of a high salary. The fan's idea of the cap and the reality of the cap are not the same. While Stephen is cut from the same branch as his father, he has been working the cap for over two decades. When he states the cap is not the reason you can't get who you want, then I take that as fact.

The final reason whining about the salary is, it isn't under your control. All that chest beating and "expert" opinion tossed out on the cap and the cap hit of specific players means you are sweating the small

iu
Now turn that around. To get that player, you must have been conscious of the cap all long so you can afford them and still afford the other pieces needed. Must look at the cap as a whole, not just for one player.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The best analogy to how different we can be as fans I can provide is attending games.

Ive been to over 300 Cowboy games alone not counting Hundreds of college and high school games. And I can’t tell you how many times I’ve sat next or near boisterous, drunk , egotistical , abrasive, rude.. you name it fans who basically ruin the experience. And these are fans on our side

I was a season ticket holder for 4 Decades at Texas Stadium and we had to have more Cowboy fans removed than opponent fans. There are just some fans who don’t know how to handle themselves in public . And others who blatantly violate the law. Most of it driven by intoxication .

And Cowboys games is the only venue I’ve ever had to have a fan removed. Because at the other levels alcohol isn’t provided. That’s the only common element I can come up with.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
The way you wrote this I cant tell if you are saying that you feel people who dont support every player are not true Cowboy fans or if you are saying you dont like when other people suggest that

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cowboys are going to Cowboys fan... it's all part of the charm.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

What you said has some truth in it but there have been some Prescott haters who have said they are done with the Cowboys until Prescott is gone. Are those Cowboys fans?

kumizi

Reaction score
If you dont support them, you're not a fan. Criticize them, cuss them out etc.. ...but if you dont support them, you don't belong.
I support the laundry, not the individuals.

Did you support Greg Hardy? You're either a disgusting individual if you did or a hypocrite if you didn't.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I support the laundry, not the individuals.

Did you support Greg Hardy? You're either a disgusting individual if you did or a hypocrite if you didn't.
I don't give a crap what you think!!!!

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I like Dak for the most part, but I will not abide his mistakes. Our team is sucking it right now and Dak needs to lead the team to victory, not cause a loss. Dak is no Staubach or Aikman.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I like Dak for the most part, but I will not abide his mistakes. Our team is sucking it right now and Dak needs to lead the team to victory, not cause a loss. Dak is no Staubach or Aikman.

If Dak played on those 90's Cowboys team, he could win 3 Superbowls too. Those teams were REALLY talented. Many games the Cowboys ran like 6 plays on offense. No trickery. Teams knew what was coming (off tackle right, off tackle left, play action to the FB in the flat, Irvin on a slant or skinny post, an occasional deep throw to a WR, not much else). Troy was way worse than Dak early in his career, and then Johnson surrounded him with loads of talent, on both sides of the ball. And then Aikman became the most successful QB in Cowboys history, if you're counting SBs (and we are).

But talent and hardnosed coaching lead the way for Aikman's success. Neither Romo or Dak were (or have been) blessed with either.

You put Aikman on today's Cowboys, and they'd still probably be fortunate to be 1-3.