A few hidden observations from the game

yentl911

Reaction score
1. There were some weak penalties called. The holding calls on Martin and Zeke and then the "trip" on Martin where he cut block the guy were just terrible. It was bad both ways as the hold by the Giants on Jarwin was a pretty terrible call as well.

2. Dak was Dak. He had some great throws and some meh throws. He's lucky Jarwin didn't drop the TD pass and he would have had a deep TD pass to Cooper on their big hookup but he under-threw it. But I'm not knocking the guy, he's still a stud QB deserving a big contract, just pointing out the good and the bad.

3. I saw a snap count from a site I hadn't really heard of that had Witten at like 45 and Jarwin 26 out of 65 possible? Don't know if that's accurate but it sounds like a solid distribution to me.

4. The Zeke TD run looked like an option play. With Austin as a possible pitch man for Zeke - I wonder if that's in the playbook as an option or just the look to get people to pay attention to Austin. I like the creativity.

5. The D allowed 169 yards in the first half. Yes, they had a few gaffes. But the entire second half they loosened up and played essentially a prevent so I don't care how many yards the Giants had after halftime. Once the Giants made the opening 91-yard drive, the D held them to 30, 17 and 31 yards on drives before halftime. Honestly even that isn't as dominant as I was hoping to see, but it was also the first game action for the group as a unit since last season. The LB play was not up to standard, Jaylon wasn't much of a factor. The secondary looked ok, the DL was meh. I'll worry if this becomes a trend, which I doubt.

6. Two turnovers forced. I'd take 32 for the season if that becomes their average.

7. We outclassed the Giants. It's nice to have a good enough team with good enough playcalling to be able to say that again. If we are as good as we think we are, we should do similar this week against Washington.
Zeke tackled the guy that was a good call

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think the refs were biased, just calling some weak stuff. It was a legit fumble to me, we had a clear recovery so, whatever. The ball was clearly out when watching replay.
The tripping call pissed me off a bit. Are OLs supposed to make sure they keep their ankles together well they go down to the ground? His leg didn't whip around or anything like that. He raised it about 6 inches, maybe 8. I don't even know if he did that intentionally or if it was a balance thing. That shouldn't have been called.

ultron

Reaction score
One thing that I haven't really seen anyone mention is Amari dropped 2 passes that hit him in the hands and Zeke dropped a pass that hit him in the hands (I think all 3 were on 3rd down). It obviously didn't matter in this game but when we're playing better teams - we can't drop those passes.

starfan1

Reaction score
2. Dak was Dak. He had some great throws and some meh throws. He's lucky Jarwin didn't drop the TD pass and he would have had a deep TD pass to Cooper on their big hookup but he under-threw it. But I'm not knocking the guy, he's still a stud QB deserving a big contract, just pointing out the good and the bad.

did you see some of Bradys throws, how about Rogers or you could have had trubisky. Some of you would try to find something bad about dak. Hes not lucky Jarwin didnt drop it Jarwin is lucky he didnt. the throw was good enough for the situation.I read where it slipped out of his hand.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Does anyone watch other qb’s?

I saw Brady yesterday with three or four “meh” throws.

Even when complimented people have to tear down Dak.

Meanwhile the defense, which sucked... gets a pass?

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I dont think you're allowed to be optimistic about the defense on this board.
Defense didn't give up a third down conversion for 37 minutes. They had a bad first drive then allowed 3 points on the next 4 possessions while the offense scored 35 points. They were bendy but hard to score on.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about the Penalty on Pollard for leading with his helmet?

We had some weak calls but the Giants got some calls at bad times too. I thought the officials were ok.

What is everyone opinion on the Daniel Jones fumble? The ref blew the whistle and then he fumbled but they went to instant replay and gave us the ball.

The Pollard penalty was declined because of a penalty on Su'a-Filo but it was absurd anyway.

The only other option was for him to stand straight up as the defenders was coming across for the hit.

They will call the tripping (leg whip) anytime the OL's leg comes up like Martin's did.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
did you see some of Bradys throws, how about Rogers or you could have had trubisky. Some of you would try to find something bad about dak. Hes not lucky Jarwin didnt drop it Jarwin is lucky he didnt. the throw was good enough for the situation.I read where it slipped out of his hand.
"some of you"? I've been one of Dak's biggest supporters so back the hell off. If anything I'm usually more optimistic than pessimistic when it comes to the Boys. It's fair to criticize a guy for nearly missing a TD because of an inaccurate throw and to turn a TD into merely a nice gain because of another miss. Not the end of the world. I bet if you asked Dak he'd tell you he can do better on both throws.

When I said Dak was Dak, that wasn't a shot, the guy is a legit franchise QB.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
My man, put down the crack pipe. He completed 78% of his passes.

I love Dak, and I'm glad we have him.

But he just has to get better at being accurate. Too often he's behind the receiver, or underthrows them, even on short throws...which prevents YAC.

And he knows that, he knows he can be more accurate. And he's working on it.

Having said that, I know every throw won't be accurate, and I know I can be hyper critical of Dak. I'll own that. But I'm damn glad he's a Cowboy, and think he can be a great Cowboy QB for years to come.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
1. There were some weak penalties called. The holding calls on Martin and Zeke and then the "trip" on Martin where he cut block the guy were just terrible. It was bad both ways as the hold by the Giants on Jarwin was a pretty terrible call as well.

3. I saw a snap count from a site I hadn't really heard of that had Witten at like 45 and Jarwin 26 out of 65 possible? Don't know if that's accurate but it sounds like a solid distribution to me.

4. The Zeke TD run looked like an option play. With Austin as a possible pitch man for Zeke - I wonder if that's in the playbook as an option or just the look to get people to pay attention to Austin. I like the creativity.

5. The D allowed 169 yards in the first half. Yes, they had a few gaffes. But the entire second half they loosened up and played essentially a prevent so I don't care how many yards the Giants had after halftime. Once the Giants made the opening 91-yard drive, the D held them to 30, 17 and 31 yards on drives before halftime. Honestly even that isn't as dominant as I was hoping to see, but it was also the first game action for the group as a unit since last season. The LB play was not up to standard, Jaylon wasn't much of a factor. The secondary looked ok, the DL was meh. I'll worry if this becomes a trend, which I doubt.

6. Two turnovers forced. I'd take 32 for the season if that becomes their average.

7. We outclassed the Giants. It's nice to have a good enough team with good enough playcalling to be able to say that again. If we are as good as we think we are, we should do similar this week against Washington.

cmon man with the holding calls. Zeke definitely held him and Martin 100% stuck his leg out after he ducked under. The other Martin call I didn't think was holding.

And Dak was Dak…….He was awesome. Your critiques are laughable.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I love Dak, and I'm glad we have him.

But he just has to get better at being accurate. Too often he's behind the receiver, or underthrows them, even on short throws...which prevents YAC.

And he knows that, he knows he can be more accurate. And he's working on it.

Having said that, I know every throw won't be accurate, and I know I can be hyper critical of Dak. I'll own that. But I'm damn glad he's a Cowboy, and think he can be a great Cowboy QB for years to come.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

I at least give you credit for coming out from under your rock. Many of your Troll brothers decided to hide out.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Joe Buck hate always has me perplexed. Every fan base hates him and every fan base thinks he doesn't like their team. Apparently he hates every NFL franchise if you listen to fans.

It's weird.
Meh, maybe he's a baseball fan. :laugh:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I have been very critical of Dak in the past. He has been very inconsistent in some areas that are very important to being a legit franchise QB, his pocket awareness, his ability to see the field, his anticipation and being able to read a defense. Now I will not get on the bandwagon just yet, not after one game against an average at best team that he always seems to play well against. BUT, I am walking up to the area where the bandwagon is parked. And here is why: 2 things happened yesterday that really has me excited and no it's not the yards or rating, couldn't care less about those things. 1. We actually attacked the middle of field yesterday. Maybe it was the OC fault in the previous years but I tend to think it was a trust issue with Dak's mechanics, he seemed to throw high a lot on passes over the middle and that just can't happen. So seeing that yesterday and the way he delivered the ball, was exciting. Using the whole field will open up this O more than anything else. And 2 was a hot read pass to Witt. It was a no nothing play that gained like 5 yards but these are the types of plays that have been sacks or in-completions in the past. They blitzed more guys on the left side than we could block and one came free. Dak saw it BEFORE the snap and knew exactly where he was going with the ball and executed.

We will see if this carries over and he becomes consistent, IF he does, than pay the man his money, no question. I hope so, this team is set to make a run for a long time if Dak turns into the QB that a lot fans think he can be and the one that the Jones's are are going to pay a lot of money too. While I am not there yet, can someone save me a seat??

starfan1

Reaction score
"some of you"? I've been one of Dak's biggest supporters so back the hell off. If anything I'm usually more optimistic than pessimistic when it comes to the Boys. It's fair to criticize a guy for nearly missing a TD because of an inaccurate throw and to turn a TD into merely a nice gain because of another miss. Not the end of the world. I bet if you asked Dak he'd tell you he can do better on both throws.

When I said Dak was Dak, that wasn't a shot, the guy is a legit franchise QB.
My bad man it seemed like you were cherry picking . The guy had a perfect rating and yes he might say he could do better what else would he say.

Fact is we scored on both of those drives and if a QB can’t rely on a wr to make plays then why are they in the league

I think Daks inaccuracies while they exist they are largely overblown

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
My bad man it seemed like you were cherry picking . The guy had a perfect rating and yes he might say he could do better what else would he say.

Fact is we scored on both of those drives and if a QB can’t rely on a wr to make plays then why are they in the league

I think Daks inaccuracies while they exist they are largely overblown
I agree with you on this.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Awuzie looks faster than a 4.43 40 yard dash guy to me dude fly's all over the field