A few pics of new stadium 7-15-07 *DUW*

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1552063 said:
Weren't the plans made public since it is being partially funded by the taxpayers?
Some of the drawings were. I bookmarked them at home. There's a lot more than just those drawings though.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Those are some of the closest pics I've seen of the stadium. It's going to be great. Thanks for the pics.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Thanks for the great pics, Warick. I love seeing how this new stadium is coming along.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
that 7th pick seems like it's missing a support beam....

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Hostile;1552050 said:
I love construction sites. They're alive and breathing things that rise around you. As a structure is going up you almost begin to feel the soul of the place coming to life. I tried to get a job with the Construction Company building that stadium, but they already had their team in place. It would have been magnificent to watch that thing grow day by day. The speed with which they are doing this is beyond impressive to me.

I'd love to be able to spend some hours just looking at the blueprints. Architects drive me nuts sometimes, but the guys who drew that are some I'd like to meet. It would be interesting to me to read those prints and get a feel for the project. I'd have loved that.

That's what I was thinking. The speed that is going up is breath taking. In one picture, I counted 11 cranes. The GC must be getting a huge bonus to finish it on time.

Does anyone know how many General Contractors there are on this project?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark;1552699 said:
That's what I was thinking. The speed that is going up is breath taking. In one picture, I counted 11 cranes. The GC must be getting a huge bonus to finish it on time.

I'm sure they have to work double time to make for lost time from the flooding. There's probably some clause requiring them to finish by x date, and/or a penalty clause if they don't.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark;1552699 said:

Only one General Contractor...Manhattan. They might have several subs though.

cowcoach

Reaction score
I went by there today and I still don't know where everyone is going to park on game days. It is alot different from Texas Stadium. TS is all by itself between highways and the new stadium is right in the middle of businesses and homes.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
great stuff. thanks.

i'm looking forward to my own drive-by this fall when i go to a game up there.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Hostile;1552719 said:
Only one General Contractor...Manhattan. They might have several subs though.

Not surprising. If a company can handle the load, it can be delegated.

When the Bobcats Arena was under construction, they actually had two GC's.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hey...pretty cool...the place looks HUGE.

Thanks for the pics!

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
Great pics, very exciting, thankyouverymuch Warick.

BTW, am I the only one who doesn't know what "*DUW*" means?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
cowcoach;1552759 said:
I went by there today and I still don't know where everyone is going to park on game days. It is alot different from Texas Stadium. TS is all by itself between highways and the new stadium is right in the middle of businesses and homes.

good point. you'll likely see shuttles with 6-flags on gameday since it's "fall" and they're not as busy. or with the ballpark sharing their parking and shuttling people around.

my guess anyway but it does make you wonder. i'd imagine there's "underground" parking for the VIPs.