A fine how do ya

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Hey guys. I wanted to "re-introduce" myself. As the name shows, I'm Quickdraw, a recovering ex-Mod from DC.com. I've been a member of this site for a few years but like some others, spent what time I had posting on the DC.com site. I'm getting up there in age and change, unless forced upon me, is not easy ;).

Having said that, it's nice to again meet you all and good to see my fellow posters from DC.com here as well.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Hey guys. I wanted to "re-introduce" myself. As the name shows, I'm Quickdraw, a recovering ex-Mod from DC.com. I've been a member of this site for a few years but like some others, spent what time I had posting on the DC.com site. I'm getting up there in age and change, unless forced upon me, is not easy ;).

Having said that, it's nice to again meet you all and good to see my fellow posters from DC.com here as well.
Good to see the old gang regrouping.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I am unable to "like" any posts. But consider this "liked". :)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
All these new members. :mad:

bull-in-a-china-shop-gif-7.gif

Londonboy

Reaction score

Hello Qd, nice to see You.
I'd be curious to get Your take on how things ended with DC.com.
I can accept their wanting to shut the site (things change, especially in the online universe).
What I'm upset about is the way they went about it.
The decent thing to have done would have been for an admin to post an explanation and a date and time for the ending.
Instead We got no official word at all, the only notice We got was a thread from a mod, telling Us that things would be ending soon, then they simply pulled the plug without any warning.
It seems to Me that both the moderators and members were treated with complete disdain by an organisation that couldn't really care less about it's fans unless it's taking Their money

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hello Qd, nice to see You.
I'd be curious to get Your take on how things ended with DC.com.
I can accept their wanting to shut the site (things change, especially in the online universe).
What I'm upset about is the way they went about it.
The decent thing to have done would have been for an admin to post an explanation and a date and time for the ending.
Instead We got no official word at all, the only notice We got was a thread from a mod, telling Us that things would be ending soon, then they simply pulled the plug without any warning.
It seems to Me that both the moderators and members were treated with complete disdain by an organisation that couldn't really care less about it's fans unless it's taking Their money

I agree. It would have been nice to get an exact date when they were "pulling the plug".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Welcome my friend that I knew before he crossed to the dark side. I hope all the gendarmes from the old site come over so we can slap you around now that you're in gen pop. This is what happens when cops go to prison.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome back. I feel more myself with my old avatar instead of the one of Curly Howard.

Londonboy,

I'm not sure why they didn't notify anyone. I suspect as Reality said in another topic, that they probably didn't want to hear it from the members. For the longest time that forum didn't have an admin overseeing the boards and helping with issues. Another reason why I resigned my mod status. But I digress.

It was insensitive of the organization to give notice the way they did with no word of their projected shut down. But I can attribute some of that to the same issue we had with the breakdown of communication with the mods and admins.

Oh well, as the Baboon says in the Lion King, "What does it matter, it is in the past!"

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. It would have been nice to get an exact date when they were "pulling the plug".
I don't think they liked us well enough to do that. And there are probably some that they didn't trust if they knew the fuse was lit and they knew exactly when it would go off. And I am sure I was on that list.

LMAO, I can only imagine some of the posts if they knew it was their last. That profanity filter would have been the first thing to blow.

Ya know, I spent a lot of hours there and wasted a lot of fingertips but that wasn't with some cyber structure, that was with some great people. We get those folks over here and there's no reason for goodbye's and be seein' ya posts. We can just pick up where we left off and add a whole new group of friends we haven't met yet.

Every member from there I see here gets me past how I feel about how they treated us. Their loss and our gain and this site's as well. They're getting some quality folks like maryquality.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
It's good to see another familiar Cowboys fan. It's unfortunate what happened on the previous site. I think we'll enjoy this site and chatting with all the new Cowboys fans that comes with it.

Last edited:

Londonboy

Reaction score
Hey you are here got any pop secret recipes
Can't stand pop music, closest I get to listening to it is Scott Joplin's Paragon rag, which I start every morning with.
Can't stand fizzy pop either, closest I get to drinking it is Asda's own brand lemon and lime squash.