Video: A Football Life - Troy Aikman

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Sadly no we do not have that type of fire, intensity and leadership on this current Squad. We all remember Eric Williams and what an imposing and dominant force he was, no one wanted to face him. But Troy didn't think twice about climbing down his throat when the intimidating tackle didn't display the necessary urgency in a 2-minute drill in getting set. Troy like Rodger had the respect of his teammates and command of the huddle.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I saw Dak get in Butlers face and yell at him his first year behind the helm. Haven’t seen it since...

robjay04

Reaction score
That was not intensity.

Troy was bashing coaches and I really thought differently of him after seeing that. I didn’t like the coaches but it isn’t his job to raise hell on the sidelines bashing coaches.

If other players do that, they are a headcase but Troy was just intense?

Some of the stuff he said would’ve made TO blush.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
That was not intensity.

Troy was bashing coaches and I really thought differently of him after seeing that. I didn’t like the coaches but it isn’t his job to raise hell on the sidelines bashing coaches.

If other players do that, they are a headcase but Troy was just intense?

Some of the stuff he said would’ve made TO blush.

After Jimmy the coaches became enablers of delinquency. Troy just wanted that same level of accountability but it was gone...

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

From Troy's a Football Life ... Troy yelling on the sidelines, that attitude, intensity.
Do you think there's any of that on this current team? Witten? Dez? Dak? Any leaders? Anyone on the coaching staff?

Troy is the ultimate field general. Leads on and off the field. Good qbs are leaders and have great careers after football. I.E. roger staubach, Troy Aikman

robjay04

Reaction score
After Jimmy the coaches became enablers of delinquency. Troy just wanted that same level of accountability but it was gone...

I don’t disagree but take that up with Jerry instead of raising hell on the sidelines in front of your teammates. That’s not leadership. It’s not like Troy was leading that way when the Cowboys were at their best. Publicly bashing a coach is not the job of a player. Actually...only a player under Jerry Jones would get away with this which is probably why Troy felt entitled.

I just want consistency. Imagine if a clip of Cam Newton came out acting that way...I guarantee nobody would be saying intensity.

I’m not sure if Troy would’ve got away with this in the days of social media...maybe. Most of us never seen this side of him prior to this video.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Wrong type of intensity sir.
It’s not even that it’s wrong, it’s just coming from the wrong person. Do Dez teammates see him as a top 3 worker in the organization? If the answer is no, he needs to shut the hell up. I will say that we do need someone vocal on the team with actions to back their words though.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I don’t disagree but take that up with Jerry instead of raising hell on the sidelines in front of your teammates. That’s not leadership. It’s not like Troy was leading that way when the Cowboys were at their best. Publicly bashing a coach is not the job of a player. Actually...only a player under Jerry Jones would get away with this which is probably why Troy felt entitled.

I just want consistency. Imagine if a clip of Cam Newton came out acting that way...I guarantee nobody would be saying intensity.

I’m not sure if Troy would’ve got away with this in the days of social media...maybe. Most of us never seen this side of him prior to this video.

Maybe, if Newton had 3 SB rings and a SB MVP to his name. Cam is more of a "team-selfies" type of leader.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I need some monster music ideas! I guess I need to hit you up on another thread! Talk to you later! I don't know why I'm using exclamation points!
I say an "Oklahoma!" type musical with Jimmy, Jerry, Aikman, Dez and Romo dancing and singing with the June Taylor Dancers, but I am destined to be disappointed.