A general consensus on Anthony Hitchens....

jnday

Reaction score
Consensus is this was an undrafted FA. McClay is not impressing at.all so far.

This draft is not looking good IMO. The best thing that can be said is that the first round pick is safe and solid. I am very unimpressed with picking a LB in the 4th round that is considered a free agent type if player. They can't stand it. They have to reach for these type if players every year. That is why there is so many holes and no depth. This 4th round pick is one if the worst picks in the last few years considering he could have been picked with one of the 7th round picks.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Looks like another one of Jerry's magical special teams player picks.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This draft is not looking good IMO. The best thing that can be said is that the first round pick is safe and solid. I am very unimpressed with picking a LB in the 4th round that is considered a free agent type if player. They can't stand it. They have to reach for these type if players every year. That is why there is so many holes and no depth. This 4th round pick is one if the worst picks in the last few years considering he could have been picked with one of the 7th round picks.

At anypoint in the last 10 years have you thought the Cowboys have looked to be doing well?

RS12

Reaction score
So basically a reach in the 4th round to replace a reach in the 2nd round

Hoov

Reaction score
Looks like another one of Jerry's magical special teams player picks.

Doesn't seem like a Jerry pick to me. Not a flashy player. Not a freakish athlete. Not great measurables

Just solid numbers as a tackler and was productive on the field.

Sounds like someone else was pushing for him.

RS12

Reaction score
At anypoint in the last 10 years have you thought the Cowboys have looked to be doing well?

Yeah, just prior to the Vikings playoff game in 2009 and the Giants playoff game in 2007. Other than that, no.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone call WAS and see if they want our 2nd, 3rd, *and* 4th for Lawrence.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Eberflus was interviewed and he was very excited said he was very instinctive and could really lay a hit on a runner. Per Flus ILB

jnday

Reaction score
I have watched every single game the guy has played in college.

If he ever becomes anything more then a special teams player at linebacker, I will be forced to conclude I don't know what I'm talking about. this pick in the 4th round baffles me

I am pumped. So he may actually have a chance of making the roster? This gives me hope.

btcutter

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like a Jerry pick to me. Not a flashy player. Not a freakish athlete. Not great measurables

Just solid numbers as a tackler and was productive on the field.

Sounds like someone else was pushing for him.

That someone maybe joining the CZ board I am the near future.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I think it was a definite reach and I do not honestly understand the pick with better options on the board.

I heard Flus on Hitchens but I simply do not understand how our scouts had him as a value in the 4th!

This was a fist bump for a special teams ace and back up LB selected in the 4th.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it was a definite reach and I do not honestly understand the pick with better options on the board.

I heard Flus on Hitchens but I simply do not understand how our scouts had him as a value in the 4th!

This was a fist bump for a special teams ace and back up LB selected in the 4th.

By the way, I hadn't noticed until just now, but that's a great name change, DWAREZ.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I think they were looking for someone they could count on when the injury bug hits our LB's again. This is a depth pick. I don't like it.