A good center prospect

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes he does. He thinks we should draft lesser players at other positions and that will help us win. A LB or a CB or a WR drafted after Frederick would have won us another ring in 2015.
And that’s why he say he’s a Eagles fan because every move he wants the Cowboys to make sucks lol.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Like others have said, I LOVE that Frazier was a champion wrestler. I don't have any data to back it up, but drafting NFL lineman prospects who were also stud wrestlers in high school seems like a cheat code. Osa was the two-time California state heavyweight champion, and has well outplayed his draft slot. Keeanu Benton from last year was the Wisconsin state runner-up twice, and was excellent as a rookie.

There's just a toughness that wrestling literally beats and conditions into you. You can't be a diva on the wrestling team, and you can't loaf around on the wrestling team. You've got to bring it 100%. And because so much of wrestling technique and blocking technique cross over, you're just drilling football fundamentals half the time you're on the mat. It's like wax on, wax off.

Those guys are all tough, disciplined technicians, and I don't see Frazier being any different. He's not a freaky athlete, but center's not a position that requires freaky athletes. You can play a lot of seasons just by being a tough, smart, assignment-sound dude, and that's who he is.

His problem is that Barton and JPJ this year are the kind of athletes that he isn't. They're also very smart, very tough brawlers, but they also have another gear. And that drops Frazier by comparison. I think all three will be excellent pros, but Frazier's the guy with the lowest ceiling.

I think he's a second round type of player. It would be sweet if he fell to #54, but I think he's more likely to fall in between our draft picks than anything.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The MVP this past season wasn't able to save his team from imploding. Either did A-Rod numerous times. Let's not draft a QB high then.
I hope we draft a Center in the 1st for all of you that want one.

I really do.

Who else would I have to laugh at and make fun of after every season when you're left confused at why we failed? We need fans that want to draft Centers in the 1st round around.

1942willys

Reaction score

I really do.

Who else would I have to laugh at and make fun of after every season when you're left confused at why we failed? We need fans that want to draft Centers in the 1st round around.
I would settle for fans that knew something about football but clearly you do not qualify....

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score

I really do.

I just want to draft the best player that's a fit for us. I don't think that should preclude O-Linemen. Radical, I know.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hoffman might be viewed as the next Center by the team. Graham Barton has flex to be a guard or center. We all know the team luv flex. Plug him in at guard then leave Tyler Smith at LT. That said, do we need to go oline early? Not so sure. Hoffman might be just as good as a couple of the touted centers in the draft. Thats why I feel if we do go line, it will be a guy like Barton that offers options. If Joe Alt falls into the top 12, we might try to move up to get him. THEN he can be the LT, and we can leave Smith at guard. Im a fan of moving back though,not up. We need picks.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If center is the BPA at the tail end of the first round of the draft.
You take him.
Anyone that says otherwise is just being a contrarian.

The same applies for an OT or OG.

This team is not ONE player away.

Get the BPA that also fills a need and this team can use a good player at pretty much every position.

You can argue that if the BPA player is sitting on your board that is a WR, OT, OG, OC, DT, DE or DB you take them.

I did not list LB or RB as I do not think there is one that is a first rounder in this years draft. Although someone may have one of them listed as their BPA that they have rated as a second rounder as they are wiped out of the players they consider to be a first round on their board.

I also did not list QB. There are only a few QBs I think are first round viable and I doubt any of them fall to us. There will probably be a couple that go first round that should not but that is nothing new in a draft where teams are reaching for a QB that has no business going in the first.
Plus I doubt the Cowboys are taking a QB in the first.
They spent a fourth round pick on a QB they liked in Lance.
And if they like one in this draft they could go for a player like QB Pratt from Tulane later in the draft.

So if someone is telling you that taking a center in the draft at 24 or with a trade down in the first because it is not an impact player.....I think you already know not to trust that opinion as it is just someone being a contrarian.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Lmao wow!
You've been told that the Center is highly important at some point and now you refuse to change that mindset, I assume.

Sad that people are told something at some point and adopt that thinking forever without ever evolving.

Polkton31

Reaction score
You've been told that the Center is highly important at some point and now you refuse to change that mindset, I assume.

Sad that people are told something at some point and adopt that thinking forever without ever evolving.
88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.jpg