A harsh truth about Dak Prescott for some of you

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you think Dallas can go to and win a Super Bowl then you can excuse yourself from this thread.

For those of who like to blame our defense, McCarthy, lack of playoff experience or whatever other excuse you can think of then this thread is for you.

If Dallas had Tom Brady right now would you think they could win a Super Bowl? Yep.

Rodgers? Yep.

Do you think the Cardinals have a better roster then us?

The Rams? Maybe they do.

But top to bottom Dallas has at worst the 2nd best roster in the NFC.

All of these “I don’t think we can win a Super Bowl because of our defense” is really you just saying Dak isn’t good enough because this defense is more than good enough. This defense isn’t stopping what some of you call an elite QB from winning anything.

Our defense paired with Tampa’s offense wouldn’t make anyone doubt Tampa, Arizona, GB, Or LA’s odds of winning a Super Bowl but right here on our own forum I see it used as an excuse all of the time but the reality is you don’t believe Dak can beat a guy like Rodgers even with a much better team than his.

I do believe this team can win a championship. I do think Dallas and LA have the best top to bottom NFC rosters and unlike a lot of you already making excuses I do think this version of Dak is more than enough.

Our fans keep turning over every rock to find everything that’s not perfect about this team to use as a future excuse while outside of this fan base everyone is envious because of how talent loaded we are.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Rams aren’t in our league, especially on offense.

Stafford is good, but he’s nowhere near the player the media and everyone else portrays him to be. I mean, the guy had Calvin Johnson and still took L after L, season after season.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I mean Catch some of the posters have battered fan syndrom....if any of those QB's where on the team they would still be saying "this is going to happen" or "that is going to happen"....because you would have the same 25 year run before this....Fact is there will be other good teams and they have strengths and weaknesses just as we do...there are no "90's" Cowboy/49er teams now in the cap era. We have as many strengths with few weaknesses as any good team so yeah we better be playing for the trophy this year.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Rams aren’t in our league, especially on offense.

Stafford is good, but he’s nowhere near the player the media and everyone else portrays him to be. I mean, the guy had Calvin Johnson and still took L after L, season after season.

Funny how Cooper Kupp is on currently pace to break Calvin Johnson’s single season yardage record, both being thrown to by Stafford, and people still have the audacity to think Stafford is a bad QB.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If you think Dallas can go to and win a Super Bowl then you can excuse yourself from this thread.

For those of who like to blame our defense, McCarthy, lack of playoff experience or whatever other excuse you can think of then this thread is for you.

If Dallas had Tom Brady right now would you think they could win a Super Bowl? Yep.

Rodgers? Yep.

The Rams? Maybe they do.

All of these “I don’t think we can win a Super Bowl because of our defense” is really you just saying Dak isn’t good enough because this defense is more than good enough. This defense isn’t stopping what some of you call an elite QB from winning anything.

Our defense paired with Tampa’s offense wouldn’t make anyone doubt Tampa, Arizona, GB, Or LA’s odds of winning a Super Bowl but right here on our own forum I see it used as an excuse all of the time but the reality is you don’t believe Dak can beat a guy like Rodgers even with a much better team than his.

I do believe this team can win a championship. I do think Dallas and LA have the best top to bottom NFC rosters and unlike a lot of you already making excuses I do think this version of Dak is more than enough.

Our fans keep turning over every rock to find everything that’s not perfect about this team to use as a future excuse while outside of this fan base everyone is envious because of how talent loaded we are.
That ELITE QB in Kansas City is sure carrying his team and making up for his defense being trash right now. Stacking those wins. You really cant help yourself can you? I think Dak can lead us to the promised land. Especially as you said this version of Dak. So I do agree with you for the most part here. However. Some defenses are just so bad it doesnt matter who you have under center and that is showing right now in KC.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm just enjoying good, enjoyable, winning football being played by our team this year instead of losing, miserable football that we are forced to watch for the year and already be talking about the Draft.
I hope this continues.

I also just had serious surgery and am enjoying some pretty good meds right now, so take that how you may.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score

Rodgers? Yep.

The Rams? Maybe they do.

We don't need Mahomes, Rogers, Josh Allen, Ryan Tannehill, Lamar Jackson, Tom Brady, Deshaun Watson. We have Dak. Dak is doing great. I'm not concerned about the offense at all... I'm more concerned about the defense however we have some key players on the defensive side coming back.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Rodgers? Yep.

The Rams? Maybe they do.

You've already destroyed your reputation when it comes to evaluation. You should be one of the last people on earth mentioning Dak Prescott's name.

This thread shows an incredible lack of self awareness.

:lmao:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Funny how Cooper Kupp is on currently pace to break Calvin Johnson’s single season yardage record, both being thrown to by Stafford, and people still have the audacity to think Stafford is a bad QB.
Cooper Kupp was a damn good receiver before Stafford came along. I don't think anyone thinks Goff is a better QB than Stafford. They for sure upgraded. But we've seen McVey work magic with Kirk Cousins and Jared Goff. I don't think this is just Stafford finally being on a good team. He has a offensive genius behind him now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak is more than enough to win a Championship. I think our D will be better in December.

Dak is elite...

But it was MM and the new staff that is getting the best out of the talent...

Dak is elite but no QB can overcome a defense with holes. Three of the greatest QBs in NFL history Dan Marino, John Elway and Peyton Manning couldn’t overcome a defense with holes to win championships. Their defenses couldn’t stop anyone in their SB losses. If you force any QB to try and overcome their defense you’re in deep trouble. Look at the struggles Pat Mahomes is having right now. Part of it is his OL and the other part is his defense.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Okay, I'm glad I read the whole thing. At first I thought it was a Dak bashing thread, but it's really a fan bashing thread.

Any Cowboys fan who thinks we can't get to and win the SB this year is simply protecting himself from possible disappointment, or hoping to prove he was right 5 years ago when he said we'd never win another one while JJ was in charge.

Any fan who believes we can win one is right. We might not, but we certainly can.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Okay, I'm glad I read the whole thing. At first I thought it was a Dak bashing thread, but it's really a fan bashing thread.

Any Cowboys fan who thinks we can't get to and win the SB this year is simply protecting himself from possible disappointment, or hoping to prove he was right 5 years ago when he said we'd never win another one while JJ was in charge.

Any fan who believes we can win one is right. We might not, but we certainly can.

Thats how i read it also...could be wrong though but Catch does have history when it comes to Dak.

phildadon86

Reaction score

I hate these kind of debates because the person on the other side of it is playing the field. 1 out of 32 teams wins the SB lol.