A harsh truth about Dak Prescott for some of you

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How would you like it proven?

Just the record?

Numbers have taken over this sport for some reason and whatever the number says forms everyone’s opinion. All you have to do is watch a Pats game and it’s pretty clear they don’t suck.

So if they end up 3-whatever...they still don't suck?

You guys just keep playing games here. Of course your record indicates suck or not suck. No one counts "almost".

Look...I just find it odd you guys POUNCING on Aulac...and I don't understand why..."Pats dont't suck you really got HIM!" and pat each other on the butt for a great job.

Losing record are losers. Even if you lose every game by one point.

Well.....done here....waste of time. Even for an internet sports forum...BUILT for wasting time....

phildadon86

Reaction score
3-4.

Look I'm relaxed. but like I said...if WE were 3-4.....good lord.

But then we have different standards and sliding scale to make sure we can push our agenda....and argue with people on the internet.

But it's ME that needs to relax. LOL.....funny stuff.

Pats are 3-4. They...are bad. Show me how they aren't. OooOOoo.....but the bucs Bucs....but you didn't mention they also got trounced by...Saints? Beat by dolphins? Convenient.

3-4 ....we can;t agree that is bad at this point in the year? Why would we not agree on that? What would be the point of fighting that bad record?
Green Bay also got demolished by the Saints.

phildadon86

Reaction score
So if they end up 3-whatever...they still don't suck?

You guys just keep playing games here. Of course your record indicates suck or not suck. No one counts "almost".

Look...I just find it odd you guys POUNCING on Aulac...and I don't understand why..."Pats dont't suck you really got HIM!" and pat each other on the butt for a great job.

Losing record are losers. Even if you lose every game by one point.

Well.....done here....waste of time. Even for an internet sports forum...BUILT for wasting time....
I pointed out that Dak didn’t just manage the game against the pats and won it for us. That’s all.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I pointed out that Dak didn’t just manage the game against the pats and won it for us. That’s all.

That isn;'t at all what we were talking about...AT ALL. good lord.

This was about YOU...proving...the PATS..are...NOT...a "bad" team.

NOW...you are TELLING me...a lecture....."dak didn't just manage the game".

I swear...I question that I am actually from this planet.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
If you think Dallas can go to and win a Super Bowl then you can excuse yourself from this thread.

For those of who like to blame our defense, McCarthy, lack of playoff experience or whatever other excuse you can think of then this thread is for you.

If Dallas had Tom Brady right now would you think they could win a Super Bowl? Yep.

Rodgers? Yep.

Do you think the Cardinals have a better roster then us?

The Rams? Maybe they do.

But top to bottom Dallas has at worst the 2nd best roster in the NFC.

All of these “I don’t think we can win a Super Bowl because of our defense” is really you just saying Dak isn’t good enough because this defense is more than good enough. This defense isn’t stopping what some of you call an elite QB from winning anything.

Our defense paired with Tampa’s offense wouldn’t make anyone doubt Tampa, Arizona, GB, Or LA’s odds of winning a Super Bowl but right here on our own forum I see it used as an excuse all of the time but the reality is you don’t believe Dak can beat a guy like Rodgers even with a much better team than his.

I do believe this team can win a championship. I do think Dallas and LA have the best top to bottom NFC rosters and unlike a lot of you already making excuses I do think this version of Dak is more than enough.

Our fans keep turning over every rock to find everything that’s not perfect about this team to use as a future excuse while outside of this fan base everyone is envious because of how talent loaded we are.

Wrong...it's your harsh truth. No excuses...ride that pony is the teams truth. Long road ahead.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Well if you didn’t just interject into a convo that had nothing to do with you and saw my original post to the person who said “Dak managed the game” then maybe you wouldn’t be so confused

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't see how you proved it was Romo's fault. You don't do the same thing to Dak.

But hey...if you say so....
I did do the same thing to Dak, specially on the Rams Playoff loss, where there was plenty of blame to go around including on Dak.

with that said, the offense scored 17 points after being top 2 in the league. Romo is part of the offense and has the most positive/negative impact. he was 18/36 for the game, which is 50% completion rate for only 200 yards. with longest completion being a 20 yarder. his rating was 64.... I say he had a bad game.

btw, I criticize equally :rolleyes:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

wow, good to meet a fellow universe traveller. I am from Century 12. how about you? :rolleyes:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did do the same thing to Dak, specially on the Rams Playoff loss, where there was plenty of blame to go around including on Dak.

with that said, the offense scored 17 points after being top 2 in the league. Romo is part of the offense and has the most positive/negative impact. he was 18/36 for the game, which is 50% completion rate for only 200 yards. with longest completion being a 20 yarder. his rating was 64.... I say he had a bad game.

btw, I criticize equally :rolleyes:
So that one game defines his playoff career. Okay.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If only we counted almosts....they'd be pretty good.
well, you have to distinguish team, even good ones from each other and bad ones...

Jags...they are bad...texans, they are bad..change in 20 plays in each of their games couldn't change the outcome..Pats, couple of plays each game, even 1 play in some games and they could be 5-2....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So that one game defines his playoff career. Okay.
no, it doesn't I was specifically speaking about that one playoff game....he is 1-2 in the playoffs....even in the win against detroit he was good, not great , completing only 60% of his passes with average stats. we lost to GB. he was good, not great...yes the catch the catch the catch...in the end we lost.....

again, Romo was good not great in playoffs. and its not just playoffs. in games to get us into post season (do or die), he didn't play so well.

again, I am glad he was our QB. he was exciting. gave us a chance. in fact I had argued in 2016, he should have taken over the team mid season when he was ready so that we could get ready for playoffs as I was against going into playoffs with a rookie QB......I thought he would give us a better chance, given at least he had been in playoffs and could manage better.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no, it doesn't I was specifically speaking about that one playoff game....he is 1-2 in the playoffs....even in the win against detroit he was good, not great , completing only 60% of his passes with average stats. we lost to GB. he was good, not great...yes the catch the catch the catch...in the end we lost.....

again, Romo was good not great in playoffs. and its not just playoffs. in games to get us into post season (do or die), he didn't play so well.

again, I am glad he was our QB. he was exciting. gave us a chance. in fact I had argued in 2016, he should have taken over the team mid season when he was ready so that we could get ready for playoffs as I was against going into playoffs with a rookie QB......I thought he would give us a better chance, given at least he had been in playoffs and could manage better.
How was our defenses in these games you speak of? How was the quality of the receivers? How was coaching and play calling?

All top notch....it was all Romos fault.