A. Henry yelling at coaching staff?

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
eduncan22;1832415 said:
Other than the fact that Watkins is playing safety.....

and the fact that Henry is 3 yards from the WR the entire time...

I'm sure Watkins enjoyed the outburst.

But the defense is obviously playing a zone and Henry drops 9 yards off the WR before the snap of the ball signifying he had deep zone responsibilities. Which indicates Watkins has the short zone responsibilities, as there was no other receiver on that side of the field who exactly was Watkins responsible for?

Now I will say this was a good and quick execution on the Lions part, but the pass was obviously caught in Watkins area of responsibility. Maybe man coverage with Watkins over the top would have been a better call but that is up to the coaches.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
eduncan22;1832415 said:
Other than the fact that Watkins is playing safety.....

and the fact that Henry is 3 yards from the WR the entire time...

I'm sure Watkins enjoyed the outburst.

safetys can drop and cover the flats.
Watkins deserved it he blew his coverage

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Next_years_Champs;1832438 said:
But the defense is obviously playing a zone and Henry drops 9 yards off the WR before the snap of the ball signifying he had deep zone responsibilities. Which indicates Watkins has the short zone responsibilities, as there was no other receiver on that side of the field who exactly was Watkins responsible for?

Now I will say this was a good and quick execution on the Lions part, but the pass was obviously caught in Watkins area of responsibility. Maybe man coverage with Watkins over the top would have been a better call but that is up to the coaches.

Watkins didn't do anything wrong.

The video speaks for itself.

Watkins is a solid player.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
eduncan22;1832496 said:

I'd say neither player did anything wrong. It was a perfect call for the coverage.

JPM

Reaction score
burmafrd;1832277 said:
the uneducated one is worse then Kartr.
No question about that anymore.

Yeagermeister;1832498 said:
I'd say neither player did anything wrong. It was a perfect call for the coverage.
I his mind it's always Henry's fault.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
eduncan22;1832496 said:

In my post I never said Watkins did anything wrong I just stated his responsibility, I also said this.

Now I will say this was a good and quick execution on the Lions part

And this

Maybe man coverage with Watkins over the top would have been a better call but that is up to the coaches.

I like Watkins and have absolutely no problem with him, I also like Henry and have no problem with him.

And you?

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1832498 said:

That's the way I saw it as well, it was the right call and it was well executed. The Lion's made many good plays in this game and this was one.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Next_years_Champs;1832581 said:
That's the way I saw it as well, it was the right call and it was well executed. The Lion's made many good plays in this game and this was one.

They why did Watkins get cursed by his teammate?

Doesn't seem right....:(

AbeBeta

Reaction score
eduncan22;1832611 said:

Let's see, what is more plausible, the young and raw Watkins making a mistake -- like the ones that got him benched last year and saw us sign a replacement or the usually quiet as a church mouse Henry just blowing up on him without reason?

Hmmmmm...

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc;1832648 said:
Let's see, what is more plausible, the young and raw Watkins making a mistake -- like the ones that got him benched last year and saw us sign a replacement or the usually quiet as a church mouse Henry just blowing up on him without reason?

Hmmmmm...

What was the mistake that Watkins made???

He was providing safety coverage.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
eduncan22;1832611 said:

And you know this how? because Henry was talking to Watkins.

Another scenario could very well be that Henry was saying something along these lines.

Henry: damn Patrick can you believe these guys threw the sideline out? I mean its late in the game, they have the ball and the lead I would have bet money they would have thrown a slant to keep the clock running.

Watkins: word bro!

Henry: yeah we need to watch out for this on the next series.

You don't know what was said on the field just that Henry was animated, the above could just as easily have been why.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
eduncan22;1832654 said:
What was the mistake that Watkins made???

He was providing safety coverage.

Why do you think you are in a better spot to know that than someone who actually plays on the Defense and understand the play call?

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc;1832791 said:
Why do you think you are in a better spot to know that than someone who actually plays on the Defense and understand the play call?

Because Watkins is lined up at safety when the ball is snapped.

Heck...just watch the video clip.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
eduncan22;1832796 said:
Because Watkins is lined up at safety when the ball is snapped.

Heck...just watch the video clip.

Please share the defensive play book that shows this is exactly what the play call was.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc;1832801 said:
Please share the defensive play book that shows this is exactly what the play call was.

Don't have to...just look at how we are lined up....

Watkins is responsible for his side of the field.

http://i89.***BLOCKED***/albums/k215/eduncan22/presnap.jpg