A list of notable Cowboy fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Hank Hill ? Are you guys really using cartoon characters as fans.

I love ya TB but, haha. Oh boy. That made my day.

Rayman

Reaction score
Toby Keith is a Steelers fan.

He talked about it on NFL network last year.

Trophy#6

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I remember hearing Vince Neil of Motley Crue say he was a fan a few years back. I think I remember him getting an autographed jersey from one of the triplets and wearing it on stage. I know he's went to a few games. And anyone whose flying from LA to Dallas just for a game has to be a fan, right?

My girl pointed out the other day that one of the Rock Star: INXS contestants was wearing a Cowboy shirt.

BlueWave

Reaction score
Stone Gossard, the guitar player for Pearl Jam is a big Cowboys fan. In the movie "Singles", the members of Pearl Jam play Matt Dillons bandmates (Citizen Dick the band is called in the movie). In one of the scenes from the movie, the four of them (Matt Dillon, Eddie Vedder, Stone Gossard, and Jeff Ament) are sitting in a booth at a diner. Stone Gossard is wearing a Dallas Cowboys hat. I remember hearing that he requested to be able to wear it for the scene, and Cameron Crowe (movie producer) granted him permission to wear it. A picture can also be found in the folds of the "Singles" soundtrack CD on page number 3.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
jdnalls said:
Please don't put the Cowboys and the Lakers in the same sentence ever again. Man, where's the vomiting icon from the old board?

Ha, you must be a Mavs fan. I have been a lifelong Cowboys and Lakers fan (grew up in L.A.) and there are a lot of similarities between the two teams. Both have a long winning tradition, both have had outstanding front offices for most of their existence, both have been the most popular teams in their respective sports for many years, and both are my favorite teams. So what's your problem?

More than that, both teams struggled to win the big games in the 60s. It was very tough for me as a kid to watch my two teams lose every year in the finals. To come so close only to lose to the stinking Packers, Browns, and Celtics. 1971/72 was the greatest year of my life as a sports fan though as BOTH teams finally put it all together and won championships!

There is something about struggling with a team for years, watching them come close only to have fate step in and deny them at the brink of success, then to see them win it all. It makes it so much sweeter than if they had just come out and won easily every year.

One other thnkg that is similar is that both teams have had great rivalries over the years. The Cowboys vs Commanders and Lakers vs Celtics have been some of the best rivalries in all of sports. Love them or hate them, nobody misses those games when they are on.

So go on and root for the sorry Mavs who have never won anything. :trophy: They have only won their division twice in 25 years while the Lakers have won 8 titles in that time. Maybe you're a Spurs fan, in which case you have more to crow about but there is still no comparison with the Lakers great history.

Whatever it is, go on and hate them, it doesn't take away from their greatness a bit and only makes you look petty and jealous.

Cowchick

Reaction score
Okay this person may not be all that noteable but Tamyra Gray from American Idol. One of the Commanders players was interviewing her on the red carpet and he asked who her fave team was, she told him the Dallas Cowboys and the look on his face was priceless.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Sexy Football Goddess said:
Okay this person may not be all that noteable but Tamyra Gray from American Idol. One of the Commanders players was interviewing her on the red carpet and he asked who her fave team was, she told him the Dallas Cowboys and the look on his face was priceless.
Your screen name is more notable than this Gray whoever, but point taken. :)

Welcome to the Zone, SFG!

BlueWave

Reaction score
BlueWave said:
Stone Gossard, the guitar player for Pearl Jam is a big Cowboys fan. In the movie "Singles", the members of Pearl Jam play Matt Dillons bandmates (Citizen Dick the band is called in the movie). In one of the scenes from the movie, the four of them (Matt Dillon, Eddie Vedder, Stone Gossard, and Jeff Ament) are sitting in a booth at a diner. Stone Gossard is wearing a Dallas Cowboys hat. I remember hearing that he requested to be able to wear it for the scene, and Cameron Crowe (movie producer) granted him permission to wear it. A picture can also be found in the folds of the "Singles" soundtrack CD on page number 3.

Here is the picture I was talking about:
citizendick.jpg

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Skeptic said:
David Keith?

Please tell me you're talking about Keith David.
David Keith used to tend to Tom Landry's headphone cords on the sideline during games. He was big buddies with Bill Bates (Keith went to the Univ. of Tennessee also).

For those who don't remember, David Keith was the actor opposite Richard Gere in An Officer and a Gentleman and was the intelligence officer in U-571.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
David Robinson, San Antonio Spurs
Remember seeing him in the locker room after SB XXVII I believe, or one of the NFC championship games.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
also, the actress use to be on the comedy show Wings...can't remember her name, just that she was vert pretty. Anyone rember her name.
Also who was the country music lady Troy Aikman dated, something morgan I believe as well as another actress (not good with naems as I do not watch much TV or movies to remember) starred is the bus movie where she was driving it with a bomb on board.

joseephuss

Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
also, the actress use to be on the comedy show Wings...can't remember her name, just that she was vert pretty. Anyone rember her name.
Also who was the country music lady Troy Aikman dated, something morgan I believe as well as another actress (not good with naems as I do not watch much TV or movies to remember) starred is the bus movie where she was driving it with a bomb on board.

Crystal Bernard from Wings. I think she is from Waco.

Lori Morgan was the country singer.

I would think that Salma Hayek has to be a Cowboys fan because she is my fantasy woman and in my fantasies she is.

BlueWave

Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:

Lorrie Morgan and Sandra Bullock. I don't know if they are Cowboys fans, but Troy Aikman dated both of them and also dated Nancy Kerrigan around the same time.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
Chris Rock is too. I saw him at a game I went to a few years ago at Texas Stadium.

cml750

Reaction score
Clay Walker- country music singer. I used to work with him before he made it big.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
I remember hearingTrey Wingo say he has always been a Cowboy's fan. Brett Favre too, but he says he hasn't been since he entered the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.