A little regret on Taco cut?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
It appears that you were standing in front of a mirror when you typed this post and used the terms "dumb take" and "stupid".
  • A non stupid person would understand that I'm not "knocking" Taco as in "he did a bad thing by getting a sack".
  • People are pointing to him getting 3 sacks with the Dolphins as proof that he is really kicking butt for them.
  • My point is that he lucked into that sack. It does not show anything good or bad about his ability to rush the passer on a regular basis.
  • The Dolphins are also doing wacky things on defense that we don't see from teams concerned about winning.
  • Sending 8 or 9 players as pass rushers is very rare for contenting teams but the Dolphins are doing it often.
  • They'll probably have some obscure players that don't normally even rush the passer getting sacks.
  • The Dolphins sack stats at this point don't mean much.
Oh please. Your phrasing in the post I quoted had an obviously negative tone. If that wasn't your intention then rephrase it. The majority of this post of yours has nothing to do with anything I stated. You're using other people's positions and opinions to make a point I never brought up or alluded to. I talked specifically about the play you posted and that's it. Nothing you said refutes any of it so yes this is stupid.

Jipper

Reaction score
I personally thought we cut him way too soon....esp after what he showed in the preseason but alas he didn’t get along with the coaches and not much you can do there

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh please. Your phrasing in the post I quoted had an obviously negative tone. If that wasn't your intention then rephrase it. The majority of this post of yours has nothing to do with anything I stated. You're using other people's positions and opinions to make a point I never brought up or alluded to. I talked specifically about the play you posted and that's it. Nothing you said refutes any of it so yes this is stupid.

You need to quit standing in front of a mirror.

People in this thread indicated sacks showed Taco to be playing well in Miami.

I responded to those people that the most recent sack was not a display of pass rushing ability.

You apparently used trailer park logic to conclude something while standing in front of a mirror.

408Cowboy

Reaction score

I responded to those people that the most recent sack was not a display of pass rushing ability.

You apparently used trailer park logic to conclude something while standing in front of a mirror.
People in this thread have nothing to do with what I posted.

Neither does your response to them.

I gave my opinion of a play you posted.

Instead of commenting on that you have projected other people's posts and opinions as if I somehow magically share them.

Now you're projecting your trailer park upbringing.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

Trailer park logic.

I am stealing that and not ever giving you credit for it.

Hahahahahahaha.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trailer park logic.

I am stealing that and not ever giving you credit for it.

Hahahahahahaha.

No problem. I sometimes quote Eminem; although, I do give him credit...

Two trailer-park girls go 'round the outside, 'round the outside, 'round the outside
Two trailer-park girls go 'round the outside, 'round the outside, 'round the outside

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The entire Taco saga is a tough one for me. Firstly because I saw the iceberg and knew it was a bad decision from the very beginning. Right up to the last live when they cut him for nothing.

If also frustrates me that thus far only the player has paid the price for things not working out.

It will always be a black mark on an otherwise recent run of mostly successful draft decisions.
I agree. I, like you and many other fans, thought it was a mistake drafting him. TJ Watt was right there to be picked. TJ Watt has 3 times the motor and attitude that Taco has AND it was obvious on draft day. Dam, his brother was JJ Watt!

I and many others have seen the mistake in drafting Taco from day 1, that is why I may have less patience with him than others. I say it was a huge mistake drafting him, admit your mistake and move on. Maybe, just maybe, Bennett can come in and help make up for the Taco mistake.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
No problem. I sometimes quote Eminem; although, I do give him credit...

Is that the candy?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jimmy Smith - - Regret

Taco Charlton - - No regrets at all, none, absolutely nothing, emptiness like space. Void of feelings.

Did I understate me thoughts on Taco?

I would have preferred that we gave him this year to see if he could step up his game. It's only his third year and I think that's too soon to give up on a first-round pick unless they are just terrible.

However, if he was a locker-room/coaching problem, then I understand the move. You can't keep players who are underproducing and try to give them time to develop if they are bucking against you. The headache becomes greater than the potential reward.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Like I said, I've watched game footage.

Here is one of his sacks. He is #96.

People only look at sacks. I didnt even know that was his 3rd one. So for those counting.
1-Dak gave to him
2-he beat a tight end vs some team i dont remember.....i was watching the game for fantasy purposes
3-this clip

So he still cant beat an actual olineman? Ok