BigEasyCowboy

Reaction score
I did an Accuscore simulation with the following conditions:

Tony Romo 218 passing yards or less
Tony Romo 1 interception or less
Tashard Choice 66 rushing yards or less
Marion Barber III 19 rushing yards or less
Terrell Owens 78 receiving yards or less

It gives us a 53% chance of winning, and predicts the final score to be 16-15 Cowboys

haha...

We better not blow this game...

Ben Roflsberger

Reaction score
i do all my simulations on madden sooo in that case were gonna win 77 to 3. romos going to have 11 touchdowns 8 of those to TO.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
I too have been doing simulations since week 12... records at 48-17...

This week says cowboys lose 27-24.

In the 4 last weeks our offense and defense has been improving, and we a very dominant run defense. The ravens play better on the road than at home and their offense has been worsening as of late.

Don't worry though... The falcons and bucks are both simulated to lose too...

djmajestik

Reaction score
kai cyr;2505341 said:
simulations are dumb

Superb insight. Since the OP's title says clearly "simulation" and you not only opened it but where the FIRST to post, what was the point??

I for one LIKE simulations, and reading a message board where it is meant to stimulate conversation, I for one like talking about all the different playoff scenarios, different simulations, etc.

OP, can you provide the link to where you did the simulation? I actually do mine on Madden (but let the computer play out) and try and run more than one, and do an average.

Just to see if I should be nervous LOL :)

Daudr

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2505363 said:
I too have been doing simulations since week 12... records at 48-17...

This week says cowboys lose 27-24.

In the 4 last weeks our offense and defense has been improving, and we a very dominant run defense. The ravens play better on the road than at home and their offense has been worsening as of late.

Don't worry though... The falcons and bucks are both simulated to lose too...

No way that the Ravens put up 24 points - not gonna happen.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Ben Roflsberger;2505360 said:
i do all my simulations on madden sooo in that case were gonna win 77 to 3. romos going to have 11 touchdowns 8 of those to TO.

Sounds like a few of my games :laugh2:

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
They re so acurate I'm not watching the game this Saturday.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
if we don't turn the ball over--we win--period

I think any simulation will affirm that

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Simulations are stupid.

What is it, a Monte Carlo simulation? If it's not a Monte Carlo, then I don't want to read it.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I did a simulation on my vintage 1977 electric football game and here are the results:

Romo had 0 yards passing and negative 150 yards rushing.

I think Ware had 37 sacks, or maybe it was none.....I really don't know.

Choice had negative 234 yards rushing and Barber didn't play because I accidently stepped on my only other RB piece.

All receivers had 0 catches because I never have figured out how to throw a pass with an electric football game.

Dallas wins 3 - 0 after I got sick of all the players running backwards and out of bounds and I took the crappy cardboard football and threw it through the cheap plastic goal post.

A win is a win in my book.

BigEasyCowboy

Reaction score
Boysboy;2505535 said:
How accurate are these simulations?

Last week, this system went 11-5 on straight up picks and 9-6 against the spread. They also give a ranking after each pick that ranges from 1 star to 3 stars telling how confident they are in the pick. In all the straight up picks where they give 2 stars or more, they were 7-1 last week. These simulations are 100% data driven and they base the picks off of results from past games in which the teams had similar stats and rankings at the time they played. For example, some games that they say compare to the game this Saturday is the Washington/Seattle playoff game last year, and the Atlanta/New Orleans game of 2004, as well as many others.

To other people posting:

Obviously I know this doesn't mean a thing, and it is not brand new news to me that, other than Division 1 college football, the only thing that matters is what happens on the field. If you aren't interested in seeing this, then feel free to not read it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigEasyCowboy;2505326 said:
I did an Accuscore simulation with the following conditions:

Tony Romo 218 passing yards or less
Tony Romo 1 interception or less
Tashard Choice 66 rushing yards or less
Marion Barber III 19 rushing yards or less
Terrell Owens 78 receiving yards or less

It gives us a 53% chance of winning, and predicts the final score to be 16-15 Cowboys

haha...

We better not blow this game...

Why not just ask the magic 8 ball?

gmoney112

Reaction score
what about the straight accuscore simulation? i know this had a lot of conditional probabilities, but whats the straight up simulation predicting? id be kinda interested

silver

Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2505579 said:
I did a simulation on my vintage 1977 electric football game and here are the results:

Romo had 0 yards passing and negative 150 yards rushing.

I think Ware had 37 sacks, or maybe it was none.....I really don't know.

Choice had negative 234 yards rushing and Barber didn't play because I accidently stepped on my only other RB piece.

All receivers had 0 catches because I never have figured out how to throw a pass with an electric football game.

Dallas wins 3 - 0 after I got sick of all the players running backwards and out of bounds and I took the crappy cardboard football and threw it through the cheap plastic goal post.

A win is a win in my book.

LOL. Memories. I had one with Dallas and Pittsburgh unis. It was the bomb. I never could figure out how to throw either. Man that was hilarious. :bow: :laugh2:

BigEasyCowboy

Reaction score
gmoney112;2505773 said:
what about the straight accuscore simulation? i know this had a lot of conditional probabilities, but whats the straight up simulation predicting? id be kinda interested

they are 65% confident that we win, and the predicted score is 22-17