A Look Ahead To The 2020 Draft

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Give up the whole draft to move up to take Tua, Fromm, or Herbert.... Saves you 35 million a year you can spend on retaining your own guys, and get a better qb than dak.

Hardline

Reaction score
If all the top defensive talent is off the board and the TE from Missouri is still there. That's who I take.

bodi

Reaction score
If all the top defensive talent is off the board and the TE from Missouri is still there. That's who I take.

Walters has us picking 12
Charlie Campbell has us picking 14

to high for a TE

to close to t he good QB's trade our picks for best QB who ever that is

in my mind thats Fromm

Hardline

Reaction score

to high for a TE

in my mind thats Fromm
Dak is about to get a huge contract extension.
QB won't even be considered.

bodi

Reaction score
i got 3 i like

Fromm
Eason
Herbert

i can see us pulling a philly deal if we need to trade up

Mr_437

Reaction score
i got 3 i like

Fromm
Eason
Herbert

i can see us pulling a philly deal if we need to trade up
Have you watched Jordan Love?
Eason is interesting because he's play for Chris Petersen Kellen's old college coach, and he started out playing in the Georgia offense some think is similar to JGs.

DanA

Reaction score

to high for a TE

in my mind thats Fromm

Can't see us picking before 20 myself. 8-8 would be a major disappointment given our roster.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Pure hypothetical, we're picking in the bottom 1/4 of the first round..I like our chances to sit back and let things play out. Unless someone takes a fall, of course. No need to give up capital for something that's not a sure fire bet right? Especially if we have holes to fill.

DT, OT, CB(more than likely)
TE, WR, S(more of a luxury, definitely don't want to spend any 1st rounders here unless they're day1 playmakers)

And of course, all barring any major set backs due to injury

I'm excited for the draft thus far.

John813

Reaction score
I know it's super early in the ranking order, but who are some possibilities for RDE that could be there in the mid to late 20's?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
All depends on Dak. If he signs a deal, then QB is not the priority. If he doesn't and he's intent on hitting FA, then we might look at QB.

We absolutely need to look at a Pass Rusher and more players in the DL interior. I think we would be wise to consider LOT as well. This season will tell us a lot, with regards to Smitty's back, I'm guessing.

I actually feel pretty good about Safety but we definitely need to look at our Corners. Not that I don't like what I see but that I am not sure we keep the talent we have. I agree with the earlier poster there.

I like what I see at TE but again, I agree that an all around TE is nice to have.

I'd be real tempted to look at WR. It's going to be real hard to pay both Gallup and Cooper. I think one of them might end up leaving Dallas eventually. Hate to say that but if both of those guys keep posting numbers, one of them is going to end up playing for big money else where. I would look at WR and I would look really hard towards CU.

We need kickers. I don't think we need to use top picks on one but I think that position needs to definitely be looked at. We also need to start looking at another LS.

JMO

waldoputty

Reaction score
assuming we sign only dak, cooper, then priorities in order of cb, dt, s, qb, t
if we sign dak, cooper, jones then priorities are in order of dt, cb, s, qb, t
if we sign dak, cooper, jones and collins, then priorities are in order of s, dt/cb, qb, t