News: A look at Tony Romo playing through pain

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
People can say what they want about romo about being a choker and etc. But no one can ever call him soft. Dude is tough as nails.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
This is just more evidence that he's too valuable to this franchise and I'm going to enjoy his play until the last snap of his career.

I agree but my favorite Cowboy of all time (Aikman; game manager with a laser) made me wince while watching him towards the end of his career as a result of injuries (back issues as well). Just hope it doesn't come to that.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
We need to think about his eventual replacement and we need to think about building a defense that can help that eventual replacement more than the defense currently helps the current QB.

Team needs to build itself so it can win ball games multiple ways instead of just riding the shoulder of one man.

The sad part is that never did this for Romo. Jerry knew Romo could overcome a bad line and D so we put too much on him and broke him. With a better supporting cast who knows what his career would look like.

hutch1254

Reaction score
The sad part is that never did this for Romo. Jerry knew Romo could overcome a bad line and D so we put too much on him and broke him. With a better supporting cast who knows what his career would look like.

Agreed. Hopefully the eventual replacement walks into a better situation, unfortunately at the cost of what you mentioned in your post.

VirusX

Reaction score
As someone currently dealing with a back injury. Lets not under estimate what it can do to you physically and the amount of pain it can cause... Just as sprain in some cases can be harder to deal with then a broken bone.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not the biggest romo supporter out there. I think he is good but not great. But as a fan of the TEAM, I really appreciate romo playing through pain for the good of the team.

That said, we need to draft a qb this offseason. First or second round.

With the contract Romo just signed, I wouldn't hold my breath.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
You've been a bully on this site for a very long time. In the event you didn't know.

I do what I can.

Btw I asked to be banned permanently before the season started and they wouldn't do it.

Since I have almost no interest in what's going on all of a sudden anyway I am sure you won't have to read me bullying anyone in the near future.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I do what I can.

Btw I asked to be banned permanently before the season started and they wouldn't do it.

Since I have almost no interest in what's going on all of a sudden anyway I am sure you won't have to read me bullying anyone in the near future.

I find your attitude is that of the old guard here at rancid central. You pick apart people for daring to have opinions. This is the reason for so many years, fans with a smattering of doubt about the team have been lambasted, ridiculed, and made fun of.

I enjoy the debate about the team. I find all opinions valid, although I may not subscribe to every one.

What I have never understood is the ridicule of others because they don't share your intellectual position on the team.

Don't leave, we may have things to discuss. But surely leave the mockery of others at the door.

Just MY opinion.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I find your attitude is that of the old guard here at rancid central. You pick apart people for daring to have opinions. This is the reason for so many years, fans with a smattering of doubt about the team have been lambasted, ridiculed, and made fun of.

I enjoy the debate about the team. I find all opinions valid, although I may not subscribe to every one.

What I have never understood is the ridicule of others because they don't share your intellectual position on the team.

Don't leave, we may have things to discuss. But surely leave the mockery of others at the door.

Just MY opinion.

Oh.
Good story.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No question the toughness of Romo and Witten these guys put it on the line for their team.