A Mock Draft (Terrance Cody To Dallas?)

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I really would hope if Cowboys could, I would like to see Terrance Cody as a Cowboy.

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2010_1.php

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;3247588 said:
I really would hope if Cowboys could, I would like to see Terrance Cody as a Cowboy.

And move Ratliff from a position where he has been dominant? Why?

We have way bigger needs.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Muhast;3247589 said:

Ratliff will be even more dominant with a Nose Tackle in the middle and he coming off the end one-on-one to the Quarterback. I believe Ratliff will have a result of more sacks.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;3247591 said:
Ratliff will be even more dominant with a Nose Tackle in the middle and he coming off the end one-on-one to the Quarterback. I believe Ratliff will have a result of more sacks.

Ratliff already said he doesn't want to change positions.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;3247591 said:
Based on what? Tackles are usually better in pass protection than the interior. His quickness is perfect for the inside.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Muhast;3247589 said:

Because Couch GMs and Coaches know more than he does, the coaching staff do, and those who praise him as the best NT in the game do.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Ratliff is so fast out of his stance that the center is at a slight disadvantage with one hand between his legs delivering the snap and the other coming up off his knee. Moving him over the guard/tackle negates the speed advantage.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Cover 2;3247599 said:
Based on what? Tackles are usually better in pass protection than the interior. His quickness is perfect for the inside.
The tackles block the OLB in the 34.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Dash28;3247678 said:
The tackles block the OLB in the 34.

Actually it depends on both the offensive and defensive formations, especially when you factor in zone blocking/blitzing.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I like the kid, for sure, but it's a wasted pick here cause it would be stupid to remove Ratliff from his position where he's absolutely great.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
What I love most about Ratliff at NT is that he along with Spencer and Ware on the ends, creates a triangle of death.

When you have two edge rushers, the QB is taught to step up in the pocket. If you also have pressure coming from the inside, it forces chaos in the pocket. (see McNabb in the last two Philly games)

You apply pressure from 3 position on the line, it is an extremely bad thing for offensive that tend to hold on to the ball longer. (Like Philly who depends on the big play)

Keep Ratliff at NT. With Spencer and Ware on the edge, it's extremely beneficial for the Cowboys defensive pressure.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I keep Ratliff where he is at there in no quicker route to the QB than right up the middle and Ratliff does that better than any NT in the game. I have no problem getting a player to sub in for Ratliff with a later draft pick, but no way do I move him to DE in the 3-4

ms9221

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;3247588 said:

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2010_1.php

I sorry I rather se us take DT Brian Price he just big, more domanate, and plays alot more steadt Eddie then Cody.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Only downside with Cody and players like him is they tend to eat themselves out of the game. Yes you want the big body to plug up the middle but you still have to keep your weight under control.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rampage;3248255 said:
could Cody play DE?

At 365lbs? I don't think so. He is absolutely massive. (think BIGG Davis) He will be a NT in the league.

The Realist

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3248136 said:
Only downside with Cody and players like him is they tend to eat themselves out of the game. Yes you want the big body to plug up the middle but you still have to keep your weight under control.

It's easy to say that but name one of his Caliber.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
nyc;3248346 said:
At 365lbs? I don't think so. He is absolutely massive. (think BIGG Davis) He will be a NT in the league.
Hiloti Ngata is listed at 6'4 345 though he's a pretty fast and agile dude for his size.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rampage;3248355 said:
Hiloti Ngata is listed at 6'4 345 though he's a pretty fast and agile dude for his size.

So was Larry Allen. He ran a 4.6 40 at 320lbs! :laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Realist;3248353 said:
It's easy to say that but name one of his Caliber.

I like Cody all I'm saying is you are dealing with a guy who was up to 380 Bama coaches got on him about his weight. He is currently listed at 365 however people who have covered Alambama games highly doubt he is 365.

Great prospect but yes I would have some concerns that he is a guy who if not careful and pushed could easily eat himself out of the league. Many things you can get away with doing in college that do not fly in the NFL.

Some pro scouts, however, are concerned about Cody's weight and say he needs to be down to 340 pounds in order to be an effective NFL player. They have questioned whether he has the stamina to be a three-down player, or the quickness to be an effective pass rusher, at his college weight of about 360 pounds.[27][76][77] ESPN′s K. C. Joyner analysed Cody's relative playing time in a four-game SEC stretch in October 2009 (at Kentucky, at Mississippi, vs. South Carolina, vs. Tennessee), and found that Cody was in the Alabama defensive lineup on only 122 of 281 plays.[78] But Joyner also found that Cody drew an impressively high amount of double-teams (63.6 percent, compared to Albert Haynesworth's 2007 double-team mark of 51.3 percent) in that span.[78]