A new way of team building

1nfljunky

Reaction score
I just came across this video. I think it’s quite interesting. It’s on you tube. It’s done by a sbnation writer who covers the Texans. It’s called “The Eagles are changing how rosters are built.” Please don’t dismiss it out of hand. Check it out you may actually like what he saids. The one big take away I had was point number three. Very good take on the secondary. Well if you get a chance check it out.

C42

Reaction score
Have had a tab open on this vid for a week or two now. Just haven’t watched it yet haha.

kskboys

Reaction score
This guy has been reading my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, except for #4, this is exactly what many of us have been saying.

As for #4, hmmmmmmmm.........fascinating. W/ rushers coming from everywhere, RT is prolly almost just as important as LT.

1nfljunky

Reaction score
This guy has been reading my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, except for #4, this is exactly what many of us have been saying.

As for #4, hmmmmmmmm.........fascinating. W/ rushers coming from everywhere, RT is prolly almost just as important as LT.
The more radical notion is paying safety’s rather than CBs. Great safety play covers up bad CB play. It also makes sense salary wise. The highest paid safety’s are in the $10 million range. CBs? Around $14 million.
It’s the same with paying TEs rather than WRs. It cost less to do it that way. TEs average $8 million and WR about $13. So keep salaries low at RB, CB, WR and you’ll have money to put together great DLs and OLs.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Understood on the building.
But taking a rush at the SB then going into CAP problems may or may not be worth it.

Good drafting and paying your lines well is the way to go.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
lol, They get lucky one time against a team with no defense and an aging QB (who BTW, put up over 500 yds passing against them) and they're an authority on everything.

1nfljunky

Reaction score
lol, They get lucky one time against a team with no defense and an aging QB (who BTW, put up over 500 yds passing against them) and they're an authority on everything.
Yeah I know. It hurts doesn’t? Deal with it. Or don’t. I couldn’t possibly care less...

mcmvp

Reaction score
Really well done video....there's a lot of truth there.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah I know. It hurts doesn’t? Deal with it. Or don’t. I couldn’t possibly care less...
An Eagles' fan spending time on a Cowboys' forum, constantly chest-bumping while strangely seeking adulation for his team....BUT he "couldn't possibly care less..."
tenor.gif

Does anyone remember Giants fans this rabid and all over our forum back in 2011?

1nfljunky

Reaction score
An Eagles' fan spending time on a Cowboys' forum, constantly chest-bumping while strangely seeking adulation for his team....BUT he "couldn't possibly care less..."
tenor.gif

Does anyone remember Giants fans this rabid and all over our forum back in 2011?
Oops I was wrong. It seems I could care less...

kskboys

Reaction score
The more radical notion is paying safety’s rather than CBs. Great safety play covers up bad CB play. It also makes sense salary wise. The highest paid safety’s are in the $10 million range. CBs? Around $14 million.
It’s the same with paying TEs rather than WRs. It cost less to do it that way. TEs average $8 million and WR about $13. So keep salaries low at RB, CB, WR and you’ll have money to put together great DLs and OLs.
Not to me. I've been saying that all along. CB's are grossly overrated as to importance and pay. Better to have great S's and average CB's than vice versa.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes we did. You were great to chat with. But most importantly you were fair and I thank you for that!
I always enjoy palavering w/ other team's fans. It's fun to get some insight into their thoughts and processes and such. One of the jobs I hated the most as mod was keeping the dogs off opposing fans.

Congrats. I was rooting for you guys. Hard to do, yes, but I am soooooo sick of Snarky Brady. And BTW, Tom, your wife looks like a stick and Romo's wife is much much hotter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1nfljunky

Reaction score
I always enjoy palavering w/ other team's fans. It's fun to get some insight into their thoughts and processes and such. One of the jobs I hated the most as mod was keeping the dogs off opposing fans.

Congrats. I was rooting for you guys. Hard to do, yes, but I am soooooo sick of Snarky Brady. And BTW, Tom, your wife looks like a stick and Romo's wife is much much hotter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But she’s Brazilian. I’ll leave it there!