A perspective on Romo's career to the DC and NFL

waving monkey

Reaction score
I dont remotely blame Romo for that, but I do mostly agree with you.
It'll be tough for specifically a QB to get in the HOF with Romo and team's lack of postseason success.
His postseason play was ok in general, but not enough opportunities or deep playoff quality teams to get that breakthrough year.
this is where the haters do have some credible complaint

Staubacher

Reaction score
Ah, the familiar, putrid stench of low football IQ Romo haters.
:laugh:

Always seems odd that any thread that commends the guy at all brings these guys out to where they lead the thread in posts. Instead of just shaking their heads and going their merry way, they feel this obsessive need to slime the thread.
Their level of obsession is insane.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I read the 6 pages.
It was pointed out that Plunkett and Anderson played in the same era
yet someone is claiming Anderson to be great while not being familar with Plunkett
because that was before his time!?!

I remember someone saying that in order to gauge someone's football knowledge,
they mention Tony Romo was a great QB. Anyone who disagreed was cast as a football idiot.
That seems to be a fair way to measure a fan's intelligence.

Section446

Reaction score
He has no case

He should never be a finalist
Absolutely, not a Hall of Fame guy, not even close. But, we lucked out huge with Romo, he couldn't have come at a better time. It kind of makes you think of what could have been if Tuna had stuck around longer.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah, the familiar, putrid stench of low football IQ Romo haters.
:laugh:

Always seems odd that any thread that commends the guy at all brings these guys out to where they lead the thread in posts. Instead of just shaking their heads and going their merry way, they feel this obsessive need to slime the thread.
The following link is an accurate depiction of zealous Romo critics.
The linked page contains graphic imagery.

Viewer discretion is advised.

Link

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I read the 6 pages.
It was pointed out that Plunkett and Anderson played in the same era
yet someone is claiming Anderson to be great while not being familar with Plunkett
because that was before his time!?!

I remember someone saying that in order to gauge someone's football knowledge,
they mention Tony Romo was a great QB. Anyone who disagreed was cast as a football idiot.
That seems to be a fair way to measure a fan's intelligence.

Anderson was great. Plunkett was good and produced at the right time with the right club.

diefree666

Reaction score
this is where the haters do have some credible complaint
Sad fact is that with the exception of the first playoff game in 2009 when did the team actually play well? The second playoff game the Hotel went down and Colombo was done; the rest was horrendous and the D took the game off. 2014 the Detroit Game was probably the best overall performance by the Boys in a playoff game since 2009; and before that the first playoff game in 1996.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It is unfortunate that Prescott went through this phase because it just opened up a wound.

There are so many people that still, still, still believe that nothing was Romo's fault and that years of mediocrity was just a result of not getting him a better team around him. That said, he can never not be considered an elite QB. Just a weird dynamic.

Romo is no different than White for me. Thanks for the memories, pal. But not that much.

I realize that is a spoiled outlook, but that is what we have had in team history. I don't see any reason to lower the bar and deify a player unnecessarily.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It is unfortunate that Prescott went through this phase because it just opened up a wound.

There are so many people that still, still, still believe that nothing was Romo's fault and that years of mediocrity was just a result of not getting him a better team around him. That said, he can never not be considered an elite QB. Just a weird dynamic.

Romo is no different than White for me. Thanks for the memories, pal. But not that much.

I realize that is a spoiled outlook, but that is what we have had in team history. I don't see any reason to lower the bar and deify a player unnecessarily.
The topic is Romo.
Are you saying Tony Romo was a mediocre QB for years at a time?

Ive never been a Romo has no flaws, is one of the greatest ever, type of fan.
But i think it'd be hard to find even two straight games in his entire career where Romo was mediocre. Games here and there for sure...and a few real stinkers as well... but he never strung several together in a row,from what I recall.
Quite possibly never even two straight...certainly not 3-4.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The topic is Romo.
Are you saying Tony Romo was a mediocre QB for years at a time?
No, use a little reading comprehension.

The team was mediocre and he was a part of those teams, like it or not.

He could put up the numbers. But when it came down to brass tacks and putting it on the line, he did not play at a high level to the point that the rare ones do to win.

But since that was the worst thing that ever happened to him, he did lead a pretty good life.

Staubacher

Reaction score

He could put up the numbers. But when it came down to brass tacks and putting it on the line, he did not play at a high level to the point that the rare ones do to win.

But since that was the worst thing that ever happened to him, he did lead a pretty good life.
Yes he did. That's why his team lost games in crunch time where he put up historic #s.

CODE_BLUE56

Reaction score
Romo was a very good QB for this team when he played, obviously. Would have honestly loved for him to play with Zeke and this O line, would have been interesting to see.

Won't make the HOF as a player though, although he does have one of the best passer ratings of all time. No MVPs, never been to a conference championship, only been to the pro bowl 4 times, never been all-pro(I don't think), 22nd in passing TDs, 32nd in passing yards.

diefree666

Reaction score

love how some move the goal posts
for some he could never play at a high enough level.

Funny thing about a QB.

he cannot block
he cannot catch
he cannot make up for poor or mediocre coaching

but some here think he can

diefree666

Reaction score
Yes he did. That's why his team lost games in crunch time where he put up historic #s.
some here blame him for that Denver loss when he threw one pick after the D could not force a single punt all game long- after outperforming Peyton Manning in Peyton Mannings career year

there was a stat someone posted where Romo had incredible numbers but we lost the games anyway. Something like several where he had QB ratings above 120 and we STILL lost

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
When marveling at Anderson's Hall of Fame-worthy stats, it pays to remember that he spent much of his career playing in the depths of the Dead Ball Era (1970-77), when scoring hit its post-war low and quarterbacking was harder than at any time in the past 60 years.

Anderson, for example, led the NFL with an incredible 95.7 passer rating in 1974. Modern football fans might scoff at that number by today's gaudy standards. But consider that the league-wide passer rating in 1974 was a miniscule 64.2, one of the lowest league-wide ratings of the last 50 years.

Hell, Anderson might be the damn GOAT

I'm done. It's astounding the lack of understanding some have on this forum
You're done alright.

DFWJC

Reaction score

I asked you honestly...did not accuse you.
No need to be a jerk about it, Alex