A perspective on Romo's career to the DC and NFL

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Make sure you all thank Garrett for placing Romo in a dink and dunk pass happy offense.

There's a reason he'll never be in the HOF. The guy spent years making bonehead decisions.

In his 10th year Romo had 28 tds and 19 ints. Dak is 21 and 11 in his second year and some of you are calling for his head.

Then there's the go or go home games, but we won't go there, because it's not fair. Right?

I agree with what someone said earlier, outside of football, I love the guy.

diefree666

Reaction score
Make sure you all thank Garrett for placing Romo in a dink and dunk pass happy offense.

There's a reason he'll never be in the HOF. The guy spent years making bonehead decisions.

In his 10th year Romo had 28 tds and 19 ints. Dak is 21 and 11 in his second year and some of you are calling for his head.

Then there's the go or go home games, but we won't go there, because it's not fair. Right?

Should change your screen name to no brain.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
2 blings and superior totals will trump a guy who never played on the second to last Sunday of a NFL season

In reality this is true; however, this is supposed to be an individual achievement recognition, while SB wins are the result of team play (in Eli's case riding a defense).

Blake

Reaction score
Should change your screen name to no brain.

Not intelligent people usually resort to petty name calling over making an actual argument that requires any level of critical thinking. Look in the mirror.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These are actually two very good comparison’s.
Did you catch his reply to my question? Here it is:
Plunkett was before my time.

I've looked into Ken Anderson a lot, that's the reason I have a strong opinion on him.

Plunkett's numbers are pretty pedestrian for any era. And I do know Plunkett won 2 SB.

Eli > Plunkett
Both Anderson and Plunkett's career began and ended at the same time. Ergo, Anderson was 'before his time' and statistical research alone has blocked all alternative conclusions. In my opinion, anyone who watched the second half of Plunkett's career and the mid portion of Manning's career might argue both deserve entry into the Hall but would also be forced to acknowledge Plunkett's long wait should end well-before Manning's even begins--IF a major contributing factor must include bling per his own words.

rags747

Reaction score

Romo and Dak are in different leagues as far as QB play, I don't see that changing unfortunately.

diefree666

Reaction score
Not intelligent people usually resort to petty name calling over making an actual argument that requires any level of critical thinking. Look in the mirror.
not worth the effort to do more

diefree666

Reaction score
Did you catch his reply to my question? Here it is:
Both Anderson and Plunkett's career began and ended at the same time. Ergo, Anderson was 'before his time' and statistical research alone has blocked all alternative conclusions. In my opinion, anyone who watched the second half of Plunkett's career and the mid portion of Manning's career might argue both deserve entry into the Hall but would also be forced to acknowledge Plunkett's long wait should end well-before Manning's even begins--IF a major contributing factor must include bling per his own words.
Plunkett does not deserve to go in just like Manning. As Burger King c alled those types of players 'they belong in the hall of the occasionally very good"

Anderson does. He was indeed way ahead of his time. His misfortune was to be in the AFC North at the same time the Steelers were at their peak.
Frankly he deserves to be in more than several like Moon

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Plunkett does not deserve to go in just like Manning. As Burger King c alled those types of players 'they belong in the hall of the occasionally very good"

Anderson does. He was indeed way ahead of his time. His misfortune was to be in the AFC North at the same time the Steelers were at their peak.
Frankly he deserves to be in more than several like Moon
You removed the bling fallacy from the discussion? I have no problem with it. The same goes for Anderson, who I also agree should have made the Hall by now.

I disagree about Moon, however. It is the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not the NFL Hall of Fame. Everything Moon accomplished as a professional can and was considered for his entry into the Hall, including his accomplishments in the Canadian Football League where he helped win five consecutive Grey Cup championships. Those accolades, along with his NFL achievements, more than validate Moon's entry in the Hall in my opinion.

erod

Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Romo is the best QB that ever played for the Cowboys. Period.

Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman believe the same thing, and have openly stated it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I see Romo eventually making the ROH.
Not so sure about HOF, unless his broadcasting career eventually helps.
Im such a big fan. Gave everything to us and such a good person as well.
I'd love to see it happen someday, but understand why it may not.

As for Ken Anderson.
Yes, he was consistently outstanding and HOF worthy.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Trolling trolling trolling. Keep them lures a throwing go haters!!!