A question about the QB

Brax

Reaction score
What you are saying is you would value friendship and camaraderie over winning. Unfortunately, thats probably the atmosphere in the locker room too.

These are professional athletes who are getting paid obscene amounts of money to do what? Win games.... Along the way they might build relationships and create lifelong friendships, but what is the bottom line?

I don't go to work every day to build my social network, they pay me to do a job. Period. Work on your relationships on your own time.
Family and friends first at Jerry world winning second.

Swagger

Reaction score
At the end of the day Dallas is a more successful team when Dak passes less so they need to get their running game in order as relying on Dak's arm is not the formula for success.
I agree with this. Problem is when a team pays a QB big bucks they don't like them just driving the bus even though it's in the best interests for the team.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uhhhh... okay.

You look to the greatest QB ever who also does the unthinkable nowadays.
Nice.

I'm glad you're realistic.
Just reality Sally.
Bucs 7-9 before Brady and SUPERBOWL Champs with Brady.
Is the QB position the most important on the field? You can proceed to bet 160 million dollars on it!!!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Just reality Sally.
Bucs 7-9 before Brady and SUPERBOWL Champs with Brady.
Is the QB position the most important on the field? You can proceed to bet 160 million dollars on it!!!
Oh, I get it. You want Fantasy Land and you're going to whine until you get it.
Good luck with that babe.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Sally snap out of it dang not every Dak homer can love you.
The reality is with Brady joining the 7-9 Bucs they became Superbowl Champions!
Now give Burt Reynolds my regards!
Blah blah blah.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tom-Brady-USATSI_15549316.jpg

No, not even Brady plays 1 against 54.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Sally snap out of it dang not every Dak homer can love you.
The reality is with Brady joining the 7-9 Bucs they became Superbowl Champions!
Now give Burt Reynolds my regards!
Blah, blah, blah,,,,,,,,blah. You're a broken record. A very old broken record.

Proof

Reaction score
He’s definitely a completely different passer now than in 2016. A lot better footwork/release (hips) and it’s clear he can make every pass in the book.

I like Dak, but to be a top 5 guy he’s gotta be more consistent on a quarter to quarter basis. If he can put 4 quarters together more often I think he can take the step from good to great.

He’s done the work to improve the skills, now it’s just a matter of displaying them consistently.

agreed. he's obviously become a much better QB, and I'm a huge fan. But I can't forget the absolute stinker performances he was throwing out before Amari came, nor the abysmal record while being the stat compiler. I'm completely behind him, but really want to be able to say that without caveats, and in order to do so he's got to make his own luck instead of having bad luck excuses.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes, I know, another Dak Prescott thread but this one isn't really about him, it's about your perception of him as the DC QB.

Has your perception changed and why?

I am one of the few that watched him throughout his days at Miss St from being the starter as a junior, because I watch a lot of SEC, and his story connected with me as I had lost the person closest to me to the same monster.

He got on the Heisman watch because of his legs and the better defenses in the SEC took that away from him his senior season and forced him into more of a pocket QB. He did not look comfortable to me.

He got picked in the 4th, about where I thought he should go because accuracy on a consistent basis was not his game.

I was aware of how he got his HS and college starting jobs in the same manner but also intrigued as to why the starter couldn't take the job back. Little did I know this 4th rounder, longshot to not be on the PS to start the season, was to repeat what he did with Dallas as he did in HS and college.

I am not in either of the extreme camps regarding him, I am somewhere in the middle but I used to think just as Aikman did, you can't fix accuracy and he hasn't to the point of being Brady or Rodgers but he most definitely has improved in that area. He will still make those errant throws but what QB doesn't?

I am just interested to see how many are in that camp with me? Because that QB that started 2020 didn't even resemble that QB I watched at Miss St. Not even remotely.

I have seen this man work on his game and improve every season and I am intrigued as to where is his ceiling? How good can he be?

BTW, this isn't about how much he's being paid because I don't care about that. They had few options to signing him and this is just about how has your perception of him and his talent changed since he became a Cowboy.

I wanted to see him play on the franchise tag last year for the full season because I wanted to become 100 percent sold on him. What I saw before he got hurt moved me closer to the direction, but I still don't know what level he'll settle on. Maybe he'll be elite (and yes, I don't think he qualifies as that yet) or maybe he'll be just real good ... and there's nothing wrong with that. We all want elite, but few teams actually have that. Real good at QB has proven to be good enough to win Super Bowls if you also have things like a real good defense, which we have rarely had for a long time now. Even elite QBs can't win it all on their own.

I see absolutely no reason to put him down, or any reason to build him up as something better than what he has shown. I just wanted another full season to make up my mind about what level I believe he's on.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Coach—- your intent was good here but another example why there must be a Pinned thread for Dak. It’s out of control from both extremes.
Would have been a good idea about 5 months ago, but too late now with TC starting up I would imagine the board has many topics to discuss now but probably wrong...lol

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I agree with this. Problem is when a team pays a QB big bucks they don't like them just driving the bus even though it's in the best interests for the team.

Agreed and that is why the issue also lays at the feet of Jerry & Co. as they truly have become the Al Davis' Raiders of the modern era: big flash passing attack with no defense because it's about putting on a show and not winning baby.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Blah, blah, blah,,,,,,,,blah. You're a broken record. A very old broken record.

Yeah, and oh by the way congrats on your record called "You're a hater and a troll if you don't love Dak" going platinum yet again as that one hit wonder has been going strong since 2016. Casey Kasem would have been proud of you.