A Real QB Coach could help

Sydla

Reaction score
Think about how incompetent this “plan” was.

They had a second year QB, who they are banking the future on, struggle last season. They talked about this offseason being a time to retool the offense around Dak and work with him to improve and then thrive in 2018.

And to do that........ they hired a QB coach with zero coaching experience, they didn’t change coordinators to make a clean, fresh start, they went with a TE rotation that had zero experience and a WR corps that had zero established playmakers.

That’s insanity. And yet some here defended the Cowboys on this. Fools.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol...Dak sucked last year...and now...it's Kellen's fault. Gotcha...So what other agenda you gonna push? :rolleyes:

The agenda where we aren’t sucking up to a guy simply because he went to Boise St.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I think we give too much credit to what a QB coach can accomplish it is not a position that typically teams spend lots of money on. The silk purse cliche comes to mind after one game and "time is of the essence" on evaluating Dak and his perceived QB future with the boys. Just in case some of you have forgotten "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear"

Agreed but you don't let fruit rot on the vine either

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
hey - i'm all for moore getting the boot and taking a bulk of the coaching staff with him. but the simple fact is dak isn't really improving in as much as other teams knowing how to play him and no one bothering to adjust. his accuracy is just 1 issue.

After yesterday, I cannot argue with that. I am a Dak fan, but feel very letdown by what I saw and remembering him all summer long saying he is going to get better and all that talk.

:cool:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Lol...Dak sucked last year...and now...it's Kellen's fault. Gotcha...So what other agenda you gonna push? :rolleyes:

Im going to talk football and push the logical agenda as to why Dak is struggling . Go to some other thread with the rest of mentally challenged and push the SUCK agenda

fansince68

Reaction score
Dak was not good last season. Reading defenses ...footwork..and a good handle on following his progressions were all flawed. I thought he would spend the off season with a personal qb coach to improve his skills.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
The Jones' are so dang gun shy when it comes to letting any of these 'young' coaches walk for one day they may become the next architect of a Super Bowl champion. See Garrett. From the day he was hired, all you have heard is how 'smart' he is and how 'advanced' he is when it comes to X's & O's. Now, we're hearing the same garbage about Moore. I'm ok with developing draft picks, and not spending the entire cap on big name free agents, but this 'philosophy' doesn't work with coaches and it's blatantly obvious from the product that they are putting on the field. Get coaches in here that are proven winners and not guys that haven't done jack yet are so 'smart' according to these owners.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I'm all for giving Moore time to see what we have with him.......Wade Wilson was terrible for years............is anybody surprised that Dak's best year is his first when he was projected to be the backup but was thrust into the starters role due to Romo getting injured........yet in the two full off seasons since then Garrett has worked with he he seems to be regressing.

Blackrain

Reaction score
After yesterday, I cannot argue with that. I am a Dak fan, but feel very letdown by what I saw and remembering him all summer long saying he is going to get better and all that talk.

:cool:
Agreed it was a let down but I don't think he was prepared or expecting all those penalties and bad down and distance situations deep in our end .
Im thinking it tightened him up as he was in fear of throwing an INT deep in our zone . This is when he could have used some advice from an experienced coach .
I don't know about the rest of you guys but I have competed in all different sports Moto X to long range shooting and some words from older wiser guys have made a great difference in my performance many times. Dak may never be able to be Brady , Rogers or Breese but I cant help but believe he could benefit greatly from a competent coach and mentor.
Whats worst is Jerry has the money to buy the very best

rags747

Reaction score
Everyone saying Dak has the tools, what tools exactly are you talking about because I don't see anything except being a great leader.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I'm all for giving Moore time to see what we have with him.......Wade Wilson was terrible for years............is anybody surprised that Dak's best year is his first when he was projected to be the backup but was thrust into the starters role due to Romo getting injured........yet in the two full off seasons since then Garrett has worked with he he seems to be regressing.
So the after practice throwing contests between Garrett and Dak have are taking a toll on Daks confidence

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I am a fan of Daks style of play but he looked very tight and not well prepared for this game .
Very limited preseason action with his starting group probably factored into this .

But for Gods sake Jerry get off the money and get a real QB coach that is not wet behind the ears , has some experience to DRAW from and can actually help this kid when he is struggling in a game .

Dak needs a mentor not some kid to play X Box or Madden with . Dak has the physical tools to do the job mentally he was apprehensive last night till they went hurry up and he loosened up a bit .

He needs someone with some experience to recognize this and help him through it . Geez Jerry could afford to put Peyton Manning on the sideline if he wanted to and we have the least credentialed QB coach in the league .
If only we could get Rodgers qb coach, we would be golden.

Blackrain

Reaction score
So the after practice throwing contests between Garrett and Dak have are taking a toll on Daks confidence
Dak dosent need throwing contests to bolster his confidence . He needs a guy who can teach him how to handle a series of downs after a holding penalty in the shadow of your goal post and Kellen Moore dosent have the experience to draw on .