A reality of why Prescott will get extended

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because as long as he is here, we are good for 9-12 wins. Being a playoff team is that all that has mattered to the organization for the past 20 years. The Jones arent going to give up a safe playoff birth for an unknown. Its not imprortant how far we go, its just getting there and maintaining a degree of national relevance.

"Good enough" is why we hired McCarthy without giving anyone else a serious interview. "Good enough " is why McCarthy is still here after another playoff failure. Thats also what Prescott means to this organization. I believe those that think there is a chance he wont get extended will be very disappointed. We will have Prescott until we cant win 10 games with him anymore

JBS

Reaction score
Because as long as he is here, we are good for 9-12 wins. Being a playoff team is that all that has mattered to the organization for the past 20 years. The Jones arent going to give up a safe playoff birth for an unknown. Its not imprortant how far we go, its just getting there and maintaining a degree of national relevance.

"Good enough" is why we hired McCarthy without giving anyone else a serious interview. "Good enough " is why McCarthy is still here after another playoff failure. Thats also what Prescott means to this organization. I believe those that think there is a chance he wont get extended will be very disappointed. We will have Prescott until we cant win 10 games with him anymore
It’s very hard to argue against this. I agree w all of your reasoning. When do you believe he gets extended ? Prior to next season ?

khiladi

Reaction score
I guarantee you when Tyron Smith isn’t signed and ZM retires and Dak doesn’t have 3 hours to throw the ball, they are not guaranteed 9 wins…. Cooper Rush was 4-1, remember…. Also don’t expect this defense to be top 5 in TOs annually.. remember last year, the defense held the 49ers to a FG after Dak’s first garbage pick..

If anything, CeeDee showed he was the offense against GB. GB shut him down and Dak looked as mediocre as usual..

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's getting paid because of this delusional "he's owed too much money in his last year take" like we won't be in the exact same spot 5 years from now except Dak will be 36 and owed too much money.

It's just going to be this until he decides to retire.
They can get rid of him. Look at Denver with Wilson. If you want to move on you can rip the bandaide off. They wont because he can throw for 30 TD's and get to the playoffs. As long as he can do that, he has a home here

leeblair

Reaction score

If that's true, the question is whether or not the fans will continue to support such an unprofessional team.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think there are 3 roadblocks to the extension.
1. The Joneses want Dak to take a team friendly contract so they can get cap relief.

2. I think Dak thinks he is the best quarterback in the NFL and wants to be a Cowboy for life. Meaning he wants all the money and endorsements.

3. Todd France. He wants Dak to play out his contract and sign the biggest free agent contract in NFL history. I remember seeing an interview with France after Dak signed the last contract and France seemed upset. He felt Dak should have gotten more.

I don’t think this will be easy at all and I am starting to believe Dak will be a free agent at the end next season.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m going into full delusion mode and saying this won’t happen. I think they restructure his contract using the voidable years that are on it and he plays this season on his final year of his deal …it’s more hope than anything else hahah
Maybe. I think he means to much to them to do that. No Prescott means possible
4 to 6 win seasons. We and everyone outside of the Dallas front office see that as a natural part of the team building cycle. One that real fans would deal with if it means building a legit contender. Dallas see that as irrelevance though. Until Prescott can get them their status quo, they will give him what he wants

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If that's true, the question is whether or not the fans will continue to support such an unprofessional team.
We are all still here arent we. You guys that have been banging the table to get rid of Prescott for years havent gone anywhere. Haven't found another team or given up on the sport.

JBS

Reaction score
Maybe. I think he means to much to them to do that. No Prescott means possible
4 to 6 win seasons. We and everyone outside of the Dallas front office see that as a natural part of the team building cycle. One that real fans would deal with if it means building a legit contender. Dallas see that as irrelevance though. Until Prescott can get them their status quo, they will give him what he wants
It wouldn’t shock anyone. But it will derail this franchise.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think there are 3 roadblocks to the extension.
1. The Joneses want Dak to take a team friendly contract so they can get cap relief.

2. I think Dak thinks he is the best quarterback in the NFL and wants to be a Cowboy for life. Meaning he wants all the money and endorsements.

3. Todd France. He wants Dak to play out his contract and sign the biggest free agent contract in NFL history. I remember seeing an interview with France after Dak signed the last contract and France seemed upset. He felt Dak should have gotten more.

I don’t think this will be easy at all and I am starting to believe Dak will be a free agent at the end next season.
Sure they want him too take a team friendly deal. But he will say no just like he kept doing the last time and they will cave just like they did before.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It wouldn’t shock anyone. But it will derail this franchise.
Im not saying its good, Im just saying I think thats whats going to happen and why I think it will happen

As Cowboys fans we can hope a miracle happens and we actually do something in January and February. But that talk with the this organization always seems like you are praying for a miracle. At this point, thats exactly what we are doing

Reactions: JBS

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Sure they want him too take a team friendly deal. But he will say no just like he kept doing the last time and they will cave just like they did before.
Maybe but Dak does not have media support that he had in 2021. Stephen A basically said if Jerry didn’t pay Dak, there was going to be a problem. Now the national media is turning on him.