Twitter: A reminder from Fish at the dawn of free agency

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I think it's a dig at Stephen honestly for past (and likely upcoming) comments about why we don't spend big in FA. Plenty of people saw GB moves yesterday and they were more over the cap than we were so it can be done, the Joneses just choose not too

Carson

Reaction score
Translation : I need clicks to pay my bills. So therefore, I will tell them they can sign virtually anybody. So when I begin to mention names, they click my content. We all know they will not sign anybody of value. But I will get their hopes up

fivetwos

Reaction score
Simple....

We want to spend enough to compete, which will cause cap problems later......but not enough to actually get over the hump and risk greater cap problems.

In other words....we will not risk a bad season on trying to win a championship.

Staying relevant and interesting is priority #1....and if we happen to win that way....great....but the inheritance won't be put to any type of real risk.

I honestly don't think Jerry has final say anymore. He DOES, but only if the kid is on board lol.

Reactions: CWR

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
They can sign anyone they want. They can't sign everyone. There is a difference there. I think all he's saying is that if they really want someone they can get them ...it's do they really want someone that badly.

visionary

Reaction score
I think it's a dig at Stephen honestly for past (and likely upcoming) comments about why we don't spend big in FA. Plenty of people saw GB moves yesterday and they were more over the cap than we were so it can be done, the Joneses just choose not too

no way, really?

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Fish is a company man I dont think that’s in question but that does not make him misinformed I think hen gets what they want him to have but for that to work a lot of the dope has to be true or Fish would become useless

davey999

Reaction score
How about "Virtually" going to a conference championship game? Can they do that?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Simple....

We want to spend enough to compete, which will cause cap problems later......but not enough to actually get over the hump and risk greater cap problems.

In other words....we will not risk a bad season on trying to win a championship.

Staying relevant and interesting is priority #1....and if we happen to win that way....great....but the inheritance won't be put to any type of real risk.

I honestly don't think Jerry has final say anymore. He DOES, but only if the kid is on board lol.
This inheritance thing is a joke right? Ive seen it said a few times and I am not sure some of the other posters are kidding.

The salary cap has nothing to do with his inheritance lol.

JPM

Reaction score
So why are we letting go of the punter?