Twitter: A reminder from Fish at the dawn of free agency

fivetwos

Reaction score
This inheritance thing is a joke right? Ive seen it said a few times and I am not sure some of the other posters are kidding.

The salary cap has nothing to do with his inheritance lol.
In the literal sense yeah....joking.

He isnt really cheap, he just has no choice after the mistakes.

Cap space is cap space. The dollars are the same.....the kid is cheap in the sense that he won't sign Wagner as an example and risk adding to the later on dead money and not being competitive for a year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

200.gif

phildadon86

Reaction score
In the literal sense yeah....joking.

He isnt really cheap, he just has no choice after the mistakes.

Cap space is cap space. The dollars are the same.....the kid is cheap in the sense that he won't sign Wagner as an example and risk adding to the later on dead money and not being competitive for a year.
Should have called seattle to trade Coop for Wagner. lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Translation : I need clicks to pay my bills. So therefore, I will tell them they can sign virtually anybody. So when I begin to mention names, they click my content. We all know they will not sign anybody of value. But I will get their hopes up

You're becoming one of my favorites!! I'm serious

Kingofholland

Reaction score
If you feel you're close and have the core talent needed you can certainly restructure a lot of contracts to bring in players to get over the hump. Sometimes we complain about kicking the can down the road, but if the cap goes up 10 million+ a season is it really a big deal moving money around for players under contract for a few more years? Chances are most guaranteed money is paid the first few years with restructure dollars added to the later part. A 10 million restructure for a player with 3 years remaining would add roughly 3.33 million each season in cap hit. If they're cut the following year and designated a post June 1st cut its an additional 3.33 hit that season. If you have 3 of those type player deals it's essentially covered by the cap increase.

Not to say doing that can't impact some signings in future years as contract values go up but there is flexibility there if the Cowboys elect to do that, that doesn't destroy future caps as some think.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

ANYTHING we want. ALL of the time.

Carry on with your hate.

I appreciate you spending the money on Fish’s info to pass it along to us. I don’t know how much you spent but I understand that this kind of inside info from Fish doesn’t come cheap.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
SI is almost as bad as ESPN these days.

Probably why Fish fits in so well there, dude is the king of click bait.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Just because you can do it doesn't mean you will or should. You have to take a realistic approach to where you are. Are the pieces here good enough that one or two splash signings will be the difference? If so, it makes sense to go for broke...kinda like the Rams did. THey got Stafford, traded away all their picks, got Miller, Beckham, etc...it paid off. Are we at that point? what one or two positions are gonna put this team over the edge?

Dallas can clear over 80m and only lose Cooper, Anthony Brown and Zeurlein from the active roster from a cap cutting move. We would still have to figure which of our own free agents to keep. I don't like paying Schultz 11m in franchise but maybe if you are going all in you do it. Gotta decide on Gregory, Gallup, Kearse, C. Wilson and a few others.

There are a few free agent pass rushers worth breaking the bank for, a couple OL that could maybe help regain their form for one year.

But you have to be willing to blow it all up next year or very soon. I don't know that Jerry can deal with a 2-15 season, especially if he goes all in and they still blow it.