A reminder that Dak can play QB

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Some of you have convinced yourselves that Dak is just an awful QB. I thought I would post some videos from this past year that show Dak can play this position at a high level.

This guy is off to one of the best starts in NFL history and some of you on here act like he is garbage. We are lucky to have him.

He does have some accuracy issues but they are all things he can fix with better footwork.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Agreed. Dak was incredible for his first ~1.5 seasons, and had a rough second half of last year, and many are already writing him off. I'm willing to give him next season to bounce back - and I think he will.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Thanks for post.........Said many times, and sticking to it. Most of Dak critics are frustrated fans frustrated with how Romo career ended. They will always blame Garrett and Dak.........

Also, let's be honest, Dak raised to bar pretty high as a rookie. Damn near impossible to repeat ........kinda like a rookie RBs gaining over 2000 yards trying to repeat it again.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I am thankful everyday that Dak is my QB. I am thankful that the Romo chapter is over. His interceptions and his inability to get and win a Superbowl grew tiresome.

I am enjoying the Dak narrative and look forward to the prospect of Dak giving the franchise and fan base a ring. The future looks bright.

Thank you Dak.

condoin125

Reaction score
You speak in such absolutes.

His mechanics do need some work but to say no arm talent, no accuracy, no pocket presense... That's just wrong.
No different than you pulling out a handful of highlight plays and acting like they alone prove that Dak is a franchise QB. Watch Wentz and Goff play the position compared to him....THOSE are what franchise QBs look like. THOSE are the guys that can become better with some coaching and lots of time spent working on their mechanics/reads. Dak looks nothing like them while playing the position and is far behind them in terms of growth. Saying coaching will make him a franchise QB is asking for a miracle. You have Dak supporters in this thread actually quoting base completion percentage as if that proves that Dak is far more accurate than Wentz, who slings the ball all over the field regularly instead of checking down every single play. What's even worse is the Dak supporters telling themselves that all of the Dak hate is only due to people not letting go of you know who, instead of facing the reality that they don't know how to evaluate an NFL QB even at the most basic level.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No different than you pulling out a handful of highlight plays and acting like they alone prove that Dak is a franchise QB. Watch Wentz and Goff play the position compared to him....THOSE are what franchise QBs look like. THOSE are the guys that can become better with some coaching and lots of time spent working on their mechanics/reads. Dak looks nothing like them while playing the position and is far behind them in terms of growth. Saying coaching will make him a franchise QB is asking for a miracle. You have Dak supporters in this thread actually quoting base completion percentage as if that proves that Dak is far more accurate than Wentz, who slings the ball all over the field regularly instead of checking down every single play. What's even worse is the Dak supporters telling themselves that all of the Dak hate is only due to people not letting go of you know who, instead of facing the reality that they don't know how to evaluate an NFL QB even at the most basic level.

Goff i'm not sold on being better then Dak. IF you think he is then that's fine but I'll take Dak over Goff.

Wentz is a different story. We should've made a move up for him. We coached him at the senior bowl and somehow still didn't make a move up because of Romo or whatever. Luckily we got Zeke.

I think some of you watch too much Dak and not enough of other QB's and you don't see their flaws as well. For example with Goff they say his coach has to basically do everything for him pre-snap.

I'll take Dak over Goff though. I'll take Dak over Jameis, and MAriota too. Along with a bunch of other QB's.

Dak is off to one of the best starts in NFL history and a few bad games doesn't change my opinion.

You saw him throw a few incompletions though and now he sucks. I get it. We did it with Romo when he couldn't 1 man army the entire NFL and now we will do it with Dak in a different way.

pacboyX

Reaction score
How can we be mad at Dak (a 4th round pick) for Romo getting his back and collarbone broke repeatedly. Romo was done, these coaches had Kellen Moore inked in to start then Dak shows up n plays conservative and efficient enough to make playoffs and beat packers. No we didnt beat them last year but you cant blame Dak for that loss. Now his sophomore year he struggles and these flimsy Cowboys fans try to throw him under bus. Like do yall remember Quincy, Testaverde, Bledsoe, Henson? We are extremely lucky to have Dak so quickly after Romo, have some patience with him. Is he God, No. Is he Romo, No. But he is definetly good enough for us to win with especially if we get the rest of the team on the right page.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Goff i'm not sold on being better then Dak. IF you think he is then that's fine but I'll take Dak over Goff.

Wentz is a different story. We should've made a move up for him. We coached him at the senior bowl and somehow still didn't make a move up because of Romo or whatever. Luckily we got Zeke.

I think some of you watch too much Dak and not enough of other QB's and you don't see their flaws as well. For example with Goff they say his coach has to basically do everything for him pre-snap.

I'll take Dak over Goff though. I'll take Dak over Jameis, and MAriota too. Along with a bunch of other QB's.

Dak is off to one of the best starts in NFL history and a few bad games doesn't change my opinion.

The reason Wentz is not a Cowboys is plain and simple......Tony Romo was still our franchise QB who was expected to play another 2-3 years. They were not going to pick a QB that high using additional resources ( draft picks) to SIT 2-3 years which is why they tried to three times to draft one later. One who was suppose to sit behind Romo for few years......

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The reason Wentz is not a Cowboys is plain and simple......Tony Romo was still our franchise QB who was expected to play another 2-3 years. They were not going to pick a QB that high using additional resources ( draft picks) to SIT 2-3 years which is why they tried to three times to draft one later. One who was suppose to sit behind Romo for few years......

Yeah but Romo was getting older and we had a top 5 pick because he got hurt.

Also, you can't expect to be picking that high all the time so you have to take advantage and get the most important position in football.

Many of us thought it was the obvious move at the time. The Cowboys didn't.

Fortunately we lucked into Dak being the player he is but Carson Wentz was the right move at the time but Dallas didn't see it when many of us did.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score

You saw him throw a few incompletions though and now he sucks. I get it. We did it with Romo when he couldn't 1 man army the entire NFL and now we will do it with Dak in a different way.

If I was a coach, there are only five other young (under 27) QBs I would take over Dak.