Video: A Review of Bad Plays for Cowboys' Offense Against SF

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good breakdown but if you watched the whole season you'd know why they've had to resort to vertical routes.

Dak is consistently late on crossing routes. At least 50% of his crossing throws are behind the receivers, sometimes so much behind they're picks. Curl routes, the receiver is coming directly back at the QB, easiest throw to complete and no difficult reads. At the end of the day it's all they had. I said the other day, if you watch the all22 there are always open receivers, either Dak doesn’t see them, or just will not make the throw.
Yep KM could have done better, but this loss was
DAK 75%
KM 25%
Got to make a change.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The consistent report over the years has been that the offense needs to be simplified for Dak. The difference here is how it's being handled. I recall not too long ago people saying that the defensive scheme was being dumbed down for Jaylon Smith - they didn't accept it with that guy, why then should Dak get a pass for needing the offense to be so dumbed down that it is laughable and predictable?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The consistent report over the years has been that the offense needs to be simplified for Dak. The difference here is how it's being handled. I recall not too long ago people saying that the defensive scheme was being dumbed down for Jaylon Smith - they didn't accept it with that guy, why then should Dak get a pass for needing the offense to be so dumbed down that it is laughable and predictable?
Because we're stuck with him, why Jerry looked so sad after the loss, he knows his options are limited.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Unlike Warner, some running plays too.

why is everyone arguing that Dak is not elite, seems like every video is trying to prove Dak is not elite. everyone knows he is not Elite. I don't get the argument at this point, what are we trying to prove...

. so to combat that you need better offensive scheming and we have a average OC, who does good against undermanned defenses, but against better teams he gets owned 95% of the time. he is just not good enough to be able to make a difference. Compare that to Shanahan, simplified offense. run the ball effectively, and put his QB in position to succeed. compare that to Reid, he has a mahomes, and you get an Elite offense.

Moore + Dak is not a good combination.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Moore + Dak is not a good combination.
Think what folks are trying to figure out is if it is Moore or Dak. Personally I think it's more Dak than Moore and the reason I say that is because of his rookie season. 7 years in Dak has never come close to besting his rookie season. What was so special about it? He rarely thew picks managed the game and the ball was taken out of his hands. Subsequent seasons he was asked to shoulder the load more and the result has been a slow steady decline into below average QB play against decent teams.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Think what folks are trying to figure out is if it is Moore or Dak. Personally I think it's more Dak than Moore and the reason I say that is because of his rookie season. 7 years in Dak has never come close to besting his rookie season. What was so special about it? He rarely thew picks managed the game and the ball was taken out of his hands. Subsequent seasons he was asked to shoulder the load more and the result has been a slow steady decline into below average QB play against decent teams.
its not either/or. its both. its the combination. give Moore, brady and he will look better. give Dak Shanhan and he will look better.

Cmac

Reaction score
Good breakdown but if you watched the whole season you'd know why they've had to resort to vertical routes.

Dak is consistently late on crossing routes. At least 50% of his crossing throws are behind the receivers, sometimes so much behind they're picks. Curl routes, the receiver is coming directly back at the QB, easiest throw to complete and no difficult reads. At the end of the day it's all they had. I said the other day, if you watch the all22 there are always open receivers, either Dak doesn’t see them, or just will not make the throw.
DAK 75%
KM 25%
Got to make a change.
Correction: KM way more than 25% KMoore needs to be in the press box.....we can go with Dak not reading coverages, but KMoore ain't catching coverages as well. I'd have him put that tablet down and send him upstairs to SEE coverages. We can continue to rip Dak while I'd suggest continue to rip KMoore......outcoached and outschemed again.

Gaede

Reaction score
Yikes. Dak=bad decision making and bad throws, combined with Moore=bad play design and predictable calls. Even if we had better receivers, it wouldn't make a difference. What is a WR to do when there's six guys in coverage and they all know where you're going?

This is why we struggle vs. good teams. They can defuse us so easily.

Cwby41

Reaction score
We are now watching a great offensive coach take his team to a championship game with a 7th round rookie. Why and how? Because he has his offense working to his strengths and not over valuing who he is and giving him plays to be successful with. Not asking him to do what he can't. How do we go into a game with a 7 year vet and not know what he can and can't do well. I feel most of that loss was on Dan but Kellen has to be better.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Correction: KM way more than 25% KMoore needs to be in the press box.....we can go with Dak not reading coverages, but KMoore ain't catching coverages as well. I'd have him put that tablet down and send him upstairs to SEE coverages. We can continue to rip Dak while I'd suggest continue to rip KMoore......outcoached and outschemed again.
Dak hits the open receivers we're playing Philly tomorrow.
But keep up with the excuses.

Mcsports

Reaction score
Many of those plays had Dallas' running back open on dump-off routes.
Pollard would have scorched the 49ers on those plays (1 on 1 with a good head of speed).
The Cowboys staff didn't adjust to Pollard's injury.
Zeke has terrible hands out of the backfield.
So Dallas had plays that would have worked but the wrong personnel on the field.

Cmac

Reaction score
Dak hits the open receivers we're playing Philly tomorrow.
But keep up with the excuses.
Can't argue or dispute Dak's play.....just wondering why you can't place ANY culpability on our OC too? Any? You didn't see how Niner's coverages limited effectiveness, definitely compounded by Dak's decisions, and further compounded by KMoore's ineffective scheme, including route trees?

Ken

Reaction score
I have never seen this report.

Simple is what the Eagles do...Dak's level of difficulty is 10xs harder than that.

Ken

Reaction score
I like this suggestion. Being next to Quinn wouldn't hurt.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

DAK 75%
KM 25%
Got to make a change.
And of course we can't even get that right.....Let's hang on to the cruddy QB. :banghead:

Cmac

Reaction score
I like this suggestion. Being next to Quinn wouldn't hurt.
.....now we might see a video......"Quinn punches KMoore in the press box. Cowboy staff fighting in the press box."

Reactions: Ken