Video: A Review of Bad Plays for Cowboys' Offense Against SF

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Have you considered though that maybe KM is getting more out of Dak then another OC might be able to? This thread has several people pointing out how simple the offense already is. Maybe that's by design because of the limitation of the QB, not the OC. How much more can he dumb it down for Dak? Maybe this is as good as he can be?
I don't think he is. he has made plenty of blunders in his first couple of years. he was a first year OC and 2nd year coach when he started. I doubt he was the genius Jerry made him out to be. and even this year he has plenty of brain fart moments. he has a tough time figuring out better defenses and that's where the struggle is. he doesn't necessary scheme players open, he relies mostly on perfect execution and that happens against weaker opponents, but against better ones, we struggle. Linehan got similar output from Dak. Maybe a little more now, but Dak is also improved and worked on his game.

I don't think Moore is all that. but given the anti dak sentiment, everybody else is perfect and great, so it must be Dak. right?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Sure it can be both - but I suspect that it's a larger problem with Dak's shortcomings and crafting an offense around it vs Kellen Moores short comings as an OC.One drives the other.
its 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. but I get it. everyone has the anti-dak sentiment. Moore relies more on Dak than the other way around. measuring offensive outputs, with 4 other QBs, its been way below average.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think he is. he has made plenty of blunders in his first couple of years. he was a first year OC and 2nd year coach when he started. I doubt he was the genius Jerry made him out to be. and even this year he has plenty of brain fart moments. he has a tough time figuring out better defenses and that's where the struggle is. he doesn't necessary scheme players open, he relies mostly on perfect execution and that happens against weaker opponents, but against better ones, we struggle. Linehan got similar output from Dak. Maybe a little more now, but Dak is also improved and worked on his game.

I don't think Moore is all that. but given the anti dak sentiment, everybody else is perfect and great, so it must be Dak. right?
I definitely don't think KM is perfect by any means. I do think Dak is more of a problem than Moore though. My guess is we find out soon enough because there will likely be a change at the OC position. I'm sure whoever that is will still get the blame for Dak's struggles when that continues.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I definitely don't think KM is perfect by any means. I do think Dak is more of a problem than Moore though. My guess is we find out soon enough because there will likely be a change at the OC position. I'm sure whoever that is will still get the blame for Dak's struggles when that continues.
come on now, you are keep twisting to blame everything on Dak and as I said, we saw offensive output decline significantly when Dak didn't play, by the same token we know Dak is not elite. not sure how many times we have to say that for people to get it. not elite, as in has flaws. as in needs help. as in go find me an elite QB and lets go sign him if they are willing to come join the circus. even Bill parcells said the exact same thing.

but I got you ;), you just want to point a finger at one person and so go ahead. let the anger and hate out. get it out of your system.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
come on now, you are keep twisting to blame everything on Dak and as I said, we saw offensive output decline significantly when Dak didn't play, by the same token we know Dak is not elite. not sure how many times we have to say that for people to get it. not elite, as in has flaws. as in needs help. as in go find me an elite QB and lets go sign him if they are willing to come join the circus. even Bill parcells said the exact same thing.

but I got you ;), you just want to point a finger at one person and so go ahead. let the anger and hate out. get it out of your system.
Like I said. We'll find out soon enough I'm guessing. New OC will likely be coming to town. I didn't twist anything or blame only Dak, only said that I think Dak is more of an issue than KM. You're the one twisting my words, or more accurately, putting words in my mouth.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Imagine a guy who used to be your back-up, clip board holding QB becoming your offensive coordinator.

I think Kellen has a bright future in the league, but him being here to do it just doesn't make sense. Plus, his play-calling is just a continuation of what hasn't worked here that's been running for well over a decade.

It's time for someone with a fresh outside perspective to take the wheel.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Like I said. We'll find out soon enough I'm guessing. New OC will likely be coming to town. I didn't twist anything or blame only Dak, only said that I think Dak is more of an issue than KM. You're the one twisting my words, or more accurately, putting words in my mouth.
hopefully we see improvement. but I doubt if its going to be world's apart. if the new OC can minimize mistakes, take us back to more of a running team, as that's when we have success, then that would be great. SF, Eagles are two of the top running teams in the league.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
This is not true. I pay monthly for the NFL All-22, and I've seen way more issues with the receivers not getting separation, poor/lazy routes being ran, terrible passing concepts and play designs, etc all season long. Heck, Kurt Warner weekly has said the same thing over and over. Even other professional breakdown groups have consistently ranked the Cowboys receiving group as the worst (32nd) out of all 32 teams in terms of separation on the playing field.

Misinformed posters can like your wrongly and biased comment, but it doesn't mean you or they are right.
That’s just as inaccurate and blasphemous as a post that I’ve ever seen. The cowboys receivers are 32nd out of 32. Here’s a link, with some proof not just some false narrative made up by you.
Start of season:https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-receiving-corps-rankings-cincinnati-bengals-philadelphia-eagles-2022

Week eight:https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-wide-receiver-corps-rankings-week-8-2022

Point is you say 32nd when in reality they were middle of the road, which it’s only going to get worse bc Dakota took to much money, instead of realizing his limitations. He need great people around him, don’t compare with Eagles, raiders, dolphins, etc they all have rookie QBs or not extravagant salaries, which dak failed to capitalize on when he was given all kinds of weapons on his rookie deal. He ran copper off, he’ll run lamb off due to him throwing him under the bus. You can’t blame everyone and never see the only common element is dak;).

Also why are they so bad? Is the wr or dak..my opinion is dak and can’t prove my point with him still being here. Our players aren’t getting younger and he’s had eight years with nothing to show for it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That’s just as inaccurate and blasphemous as a post that I’ve ever seen. The cowboys receivers are 32nd out of 32. Here’s a link, with some proof not just some false narrative made up by you.
Start of season:https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-receiving-corps-rankings-cincinnati-bengals-philadelphia-eagles-2022

Week eight:https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-wide-receiver-corps-rankings-week-8-2022

Point is you say 32nd when in reality they were middle of the road, which it’s only going to get worse bc Dakota took to much money, instead of realizing his limitations. He need great people around him, don’t compare with Eagles, raiders, dolphins, etc they all have rookie QBs or not extravagant salaries, which dak failed to capitalize on when he was given all kinds of weapons on his rookie deal. He ran copper off, he’ll run lamb off due to him throwing him under the bus. You can’t blame everyone and never see the only common element is dak;).

Also why are they so bad? Is the wr or dak..my opinion is dak and can’t prove my point with him still being here. Our players aren’t getting younger and he’s had eight years with nothing to show for it.
32nd out of 32 teams IN RECEIVER SEPARATION!!! Got it?

That's not on the QB. That's on the WRs coach, the passing schemes and concepts, and the lack of top talent.

Take your Dak hate and flush it down your toilet. You're so wrong and badly confused, it's not even funny.

Creeper

Reaction score
The word you hear most often when it comes to Dak's play is "late". You don't have to be an expert to see it either. Good Dak does not hesitate. He drops and throws. Bad Dak is always late, very late and it is obvious even to fans like me.

I have no idea why sometimes he is on it and other times he is so hesitant but someone needs to fix him or Carr is right. The Cowboys will never beat the better defensive teams.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke may stink in the offense, but he does not call his own plays. Dak and Moore, are equally to be blamed.