CFZ A review of the roster (post-draft)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Earl Bostick was a TE in HS and his first 2 years of college.
If he's not in our Jumbo packages I'm gonna gouge my eyes out.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/earl-bostick-jr/3200424f-5364-8319-e100-a6ce73f5030b

Luv me sum *true* Jumbo blocking TE. Been waiting for this for years.
Hope his career turns out as well as Jason Peters' did. Peters was a jumbo tight end throughout college. Signed with the Bills as a free agent (I believe). Was converted to lineman. And the rest is history.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Yep. The improvement is going to be flexibility and options at RB2 based on better fundamental scheme. That was the knock on KM and how/why the run game capitulated in the 9ers game....no commitment to the run and no scheme available to overcome the loss of your RB1. Nothing other than run Zeke up the middle (not even bringing in Malik as a change up).
An injured Elliott who clearly didn't have anything left in him at the end of that season was certainly not a good option. No adjustment after losing Pollard was definitely a failure on Moore's part.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
The RB room as weak as it is still is better without Zeke.

Zeke taking Carrie’s from runners who could potentially hit holes before a they closed and make plays was hurting the team.

Malik Davis and Ronald Jones are better than Elliot.
That last line. You lost all credibility, Get that examination, QUICK !!!!

OR stop Drinking

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hope his career turns out as well as Jason Peters' did. Peters was a jumbo tight end throughout college. Signed with the Bills as a free agent (I believe). Was converted to lineman. And the rest is history.
Nice story. Might have heard it before, but certainly didn't remember it.

Peters catching a TD! Suhweet!
We could have two 300+ blocking TEs!

gimmesix

Reaction score
Nice story. Might have heard it before, but certainly didn't remember it.

Peters catching a TD! Suhweet!
We could have two 300+ blocking TEs!
I wanted him as a late-round pick to convert him to OL. Great feet and 300-plus pounds. You'd think Jerry'd be all over that.