A special toast at kickoff this Sunday for CouchCoach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A great suggestion was made by several of you in the last 48 hours. The idea is to make a special toast to honor our recently departed friend Michael Baer, aka “CouchCoach” right at kickoff time this Sunday at 12:00 noon CT, 1:00 PM ET, etc. against the Carolina Panthers.

Whether a beer, a cocktail or even if you are not a partaker of alcohol, we can all raise a glass of whatever you choose at kickoff this Sunday in honor of our buddy CouchCoach.

It just seems fitting for all of all his old friends here at the Zone raising a glass in his honor at kickoff. Here’s to the “Grand Poohbah“ himself.
So set your alarms, watches…whatever and get your glass ready to raise at kickoff this Sunday. Something we can all agree on - honoring a great Cowboys fan and great friend!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Well I don't drank de acahall but I will hoist a sweet tea in his honor. One cool thing that we did on one of the old Cowboy sites from back in the day was when one of members who was a lifelong Cowboys fan as well as a Viet Nam era veteran passed away we contacted the Cowboys PR staff and asked that they give him a nod on the scoreboard. Which they were happy to do. Even got the stadium announcer to shout him out during the game. It was very special and his family was deeply touched. I don't know if they still do that sort of thing but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well I don't drank de acahall but I will hoist a sweet tea in his honor. One cool thing that we did on one of the old Cowboy sites from back in the day was when one of members who was a lifelong Cowboys fan as well as a Viet Nam era veteran passed away we contacted the Cowboys PR staff and asked that they give him a nod on the scoreboard. Which they were happy to do. Even got the stadium announcer to shout him out during the game. It was very special and his family was deeply touched. I don't know if they still do that sort of thing but it couldn't hurt to ask.
"Booger, Couchcoach says hello!"

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
A great suggestion was made by several of you in the last 48 hours. The idea is to make a special toast to honor our recently departed friend Michael Baer, aka “CouchCoach” right at kickoff time this Sunday at 12:00 noon CT, 1:00 PM ET, etc. against the Carolina Panthers.

Whether a beer, a cocktail or even if you are not a partaker of alcohol, we can all raise a glass of whatever you choose at kickoff this Sunday in honor of our buddy CouchCoach.

It just seems fitting for all of all his old friends here at the Zone raising a glass in his honor at kickoff. Here’s to the “Grand Poohbah“ himself.
So set your alarms, watches…whatever and get your glass ready to raise at kickoff this Sunday. Something we can all agree on - honoring a great Cowboys fan and great friend!
Nice gesture :starspin:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Great idea. Ill be here with henny in hand.

xpistofer

Reaction score
I have been on CZ for (I believe) just over 20 years (I think I jumped on back in 2003)....I almost never post, but I spend time here every day. I enjoy (most of) the perspectives, info, and personalities...CouchCoach was one of those that I appreciated. I somehow missed that he was no longer with us. Might I ask what happened? If that is too personal, no worries. I will raise a glass of water or somesuch at kickoff in honor and appreciation ...

While I am at it, let me add that I have appreciated so many of you over the years...This has been for two decades, by far, my most visited site. Let's go Quincy!....oops...wait...wrong era. :)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have been on CZ for (I believe) just over 20 years (I think I jumped on back in 2003)....I almost never post, but I spend time here every day. I enjoy (most of) the perspectives, info, and personalities...CouchCoach was one of those that I appreciated. I somehow missed that he was no longer with us. Might I ask what happened? If that is too personal, no worries. I will raise a glass of water or somesuch at kickoff in honor and appreciation ...

While I am at it, let me add that I have appreciated so many of you over the years...This has been for two decades, by far, my most visited site. Let's go Quincy!....oops...wait...wrong era. :)
Sadly, he went slowly, due to cancer. Ironically, it was the same type of rare cancer his wife died from in 2011.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I've been taking it hard. Still can't believe ol' CC my friend is gone. I don't drink anymore, but I will definitely drink an ice cold Sol Chelada with lime and salt in his name. Salúd, mi amigo...y que descanses en paz!

Screenshot-20231114-175423-Chrome.jpg

Kwyn

Reaction score

Sounds good!

For those os who frequent the chat, we’ll be sure to call it out!

plymkr

Reaction score

I’m in. Anything to show appreciation for CouchCoach and what he meant for this forum and to all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.