A tidbit/rumor to share

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I'll preface this by saying to take it with a grain of salt. Give it as much or as little value as you see fit.

A friend of mine talks with someone with connections to the Cowboys organization, out of respect for privacy and confidentiality, I can't and won't give any names, so if you think I'm full of it, well, it won't be the first time.

But I'm told that there's talk that Jerry might make an unprecented move to keep this train going. It's been talked about the possibility of promoting Jason Garrett to the GM role and naming Kris Richard the team's head coach. It would quiet any talk of why Jones won't hire a GM and allow the team to keep a coach that the entire organization loves. Garrett would work with Will McClay on the draft and get a raise and everybody wins.

They love Richard but also love what Garrett has brought in terms of the culture of the organization and have discussed how to maintain all of that.

Again, it's second hand rumor from a friend of a friend, so take it for what it's worth. Something or nothing might come of it, but I felt it was an exciting possibility when it was shared with me so I wanted to pass it on.

I'd say Garrett would relate more to a can of campbells X's and O's rather than football X's and O's.

dfense

Reaction score
I'll preface this by saying to take it with a grain of salt. Give it as much or as little value as you see fit.

A friend of mine talks with someone with connections to the Cowboys organization, out of respect for privacy and confidentiality, I can't and won't give any names, so if you think I'm full of it, well, it won't be the first time.

But I'm told that there's talk that Jerry might make an unprecented move to keep this train going. It's been talked about the possibility of promoting Jason Garrett to the GM role and naming Kris Richard the team's head coach. It would quiet any talk of why Jones won't hire a GM and allow the team to keep a coach that the entire organization loves. Garrett would work with Will McClay on the draft and get a raise and everybody wins.

They love Richard but also love what Garrett has brought in terms of the culture of the organization and have discussed how to maintain all of that.

Again, it's second hand rumor from a friend of a friend, so take it for what it's worth. Something or nothing might come of it, but I felt it was an exciting possibility when it was shared with me so I wanted to pass it on.
Has anyone told Stephen Jones about this? lol

plasticman

Reaction score
Garrett is an X and O's guy?

Seriously?

An 8 year NFL veteran quarterback, Princeton graduate, 1987 Ivy League Player of the Year, majored in History.

QB for the San Antonio Riders if the World Football League in 1991 before becoming the backup to Troy Aikman. Most game time was spent standing next to Jimmy Johnson.

Quarterback coach for the Miami Dolphins before becoming OC and finally HC for Dallas. Regular season record for Dallas is 77-59.

The son of a 30 year scout for the NFL, the brother of the Cowboys Director of Pro Personnel.

Jason Garrett doesn't have the credentials for a GM?

Jason built this team. He built the culture within. I made this suggestion years ago.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Like I said in another thread. One moment this season, 3-5, opinions were at an all time low on Garrett, and people were thinking that this was his last year. Now a playoff win, and people think that Garrett is the mad scientist that build this team and ready to promote him to GM. :) We need a Manic Depressive/Bi Polar Zone :laugh:
"Victory,,, it'll cure what's ailing you",,,o_O

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Good lord..I'm not sure how Richard has been elevated to God like status around here. He's been on multiple interviews and not one offer, was fired as a DC by a superbowl winning coach a year ago and folks want to have statues of him next to Landry because he started a fight against the Eagles
Perhaps he's got a huge load of FEUDIAN in him& it just naturally comes out in the interviewing process,,, Hummmmm?o_O

* if you ain't NEVER been FIRED from job?,,,BOY! All I gotta' say to you, is: "yer' shallow end of the kiddie wading pool must seemingly be of comfort to you in yer' narrowly limited of life's circular orbits:rolleyes:

Last edited:

kevm3

Reaction score
McClay has been just as important in the Dallas turnaround so fast-tracking Garrett over him would be an awful move