CFZ A Trade that could help if the Jones really are going for it

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Surtain for two 1s!

yes!

LOL

The only trade I'd like to see, which also isn't happening, is Saquan Barkley.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I also would suggest a trade.

Unfortunately, the Cowboys can't trade their GM because he is also the owner and other reasons, I'm sure.
I’m on board with that kind of trade. Because by the Jones boys own admission, they are more serious about “being relevant” than “going all in.”

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I’m good to go on Derrick Henry or Saquon Barkley. They’re reportedly available.

Not reportedly available is Kyle Pitts, but it’s worth looking into.

I’m willing to give our 2nd for Pitts, 3rd for Saquon, 5th for Henry.

Einstein

Reaction score
Well yours is Maddenesque, so not realistic imo... I trade with the Colts for Buckner and our D steps up a few notches

RS12

Reaction score

A Trade that could help if the Jones really are going for it​

They arent: The priorities in order are 1) Jerry 2) money 3) Jerry 4) Money 5) winning.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Henry solves all problems.

His ability to impose his will helps the defense, helps Dak when he starts to Dak, helps McCarthys playcalling.

Praxit

Reaction score
..meh, I would satisfied with Bobby Carpenter again..:D

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry going all in, why? and for what? he is getting what he wants already. $$$$ You will be happy with the team as is, and like it.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
No CB is worth what you'd have to give up to get him, especially with the market-setting contract that would follow.

Mannix

Reaction score
We cant afford Surtain. Thats the only thing I'd want, is him. Giving up 2 1's for a rental isn't great. We signed Rashad Evans, a nice LB in his own right. I think we can slide by at LB. We are thin at cb. We lack a decent extra cb. Unless we think Izzy M. can handle it. I think we will stand pat.
Says Booger and Chuckles....other teams make big moves, while we have to "keep our power dry"....and for what? So we can sign our own losers??? Meanwhile, other teams with real GM's rebuild on the fly and go to Super Bowls. I am just sick of this BS!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Says Booger and Chuckles....other teams make big moves, while we have to "keep our power dry"....and for what? So we can sign our own losers??? Meanwhile, other teams with real GM's rebuild on the fly and go to Super Bowls. I am just sick of this BS!!!
agree. Mike Fisher this morning says "let the cake bake." Hes a buffoon. We been letting this dang cake bake for 27 years, We are a luke warm team. Lets go all in!

bsbellomy

Reaction score
The trade deadline is fast approaching and as fans we all would like to see something happen that improves the chances of a Super Bowl. Dallas is rarely involved in any trade at the deadline that is anything but a backup situation.

We all want our draft picks especially the 1st round but truth is 60 percent of those picks fail in the 1st 3 years of their contract. It is actually higher for the 2nd round picks. The fact is the 3rd, 4th, and 5th round out perform their initial contracts and get 2nd contracts. So why not make a splash.

Denver is in a complete rebuild mode and because of the Wilson trade, in desperate need of high picks and young players that Sean Peyton can mode to his liking.

So as a trade, since we could use several spots to compete, consider trading our 1st round in 2024 and 2nd in 2025, Jayron Kearse, Dorrance Armstrong and Jordan Lewis for Patrick Surtain II CB, Josey Jewell ILB, and Javonte Williams RB. Could be a win for both teams.

Pairing Surtain with Diggs long term would be great. Williams gives you a better inside runner especially in red zones areas and both still on rookie deals. Dallas was trying to trade up and get Surtain and couldn't but got Parsons instead which was a great win. Surtain makes the defense backfield much better.

Armstrong is in the final year of his contract as is Lewis and Kearse. Lewis spot would definitely go to Bland and Kearse spot would be manned by Thomas, Bell, and Mukuamu with Thomas probably the main guy. Armstong spot would give Williams more snaps along with getting snaps for Feheko and Wheat. Jewell is on the final year of his contract and provides a great run stopper at ILB while Vander Esch is out.

Sure next couple of years would provide cap concerns with both Surtain and Parsons but all teams that really want to win figure them out even as fans don't care for it. As much as many would like to get rid of Dak, reality is that he probably gets an extension this off season to lower his next year's cap. And the fact that the cap is due to rise to between $249 million to $268 million in 2024, $272 million to $288 million in 2025, $298 million to $308 million in 2026 and to $328 million in 2027 says they will be extending several contracts to take advantage of those numbers i.e Lamb probably before the end of the year then Biadasz OC in the off season if not during the season.

Yes, we still need to improve the OL but they seem to be getting better although we are one injury away from Tyron Smith being out for an extended time. We have done well with the UFA guys and late round picks as Richards seems to be better than advertised at OT and Bass was a steal at OG. Still have hope for Waletzko as a LT but Josh Ball better get better at OG if he wants to stick. Coaching staff seems to believe they have a diamond in the rough with Earl Bostick at the OT spot but we will see. I could see an OC being drafted in round 3 so kids from Texas A&M and Arkansas are guys to watch.

Anyway, it is something I definitely would consider.
Young players at the top of their positioin aren't something even rebuilding teams entertain trading. They want to shed their veteran guys who have either peaked in their potential or on on the slide down.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Go get Surtain. Pair him up with his old college running mate and let's roll for the next 5 years!

cristglo

Reaction score
I would definitely entertain the Derrick Henry trade. You could possibly review this contract if he’s interested in a Super Bowl.

1time4urMind

Reaction score
The trade deadline is fast approaching and as fans we all would like to see something happen that improves the chances of a Super Bowl. Dallas is rarely involved in any trade at the deadline that is anything but a backup situation.

We all want our draft picks especially the 1st round but truth is 60 percent of those picks fail in the 1st 3 years of their contract. It is actually higher for the 2nd round picks. The fact is the 3rd, 4th, and 5th round out perform their initial contracts and get 2nd contracts. So why not make a splash.

Denver is in a complete rebuild mode and because of the Wilson trade, in desperate need of high picks and young players that Sean Peyton can mode to his liking.

So as a trade, since we could use several spots to compete, consider trading our 1st round in 2024 and 2nd in 2025, Jayron Kearse, Dorrance Armstrong and Jordan Lewis for Patrick Surtain II CB, Josey Jewell ILB, and Javonte Williams RB. Could be a win for both teams.

Pairing Surtain with Diggs long term would be great. Williams gives you a better inside runner especially in red zones areas and both still on rookie deals. Dallas was trying to trade up and get Surtain and couldn't but got Parsons instead which was a great win. Surtain makes the defense backfield much better.

Armstrong is in the final year of his contract as is Lewis and Kearse. Lewis spot would definitely go to Bland and Kearse spot would be manned by Thomas, Bell, and Mukuamu with Thomas probably the main guy. Armstong spot would give Williams more snaps along with getting snaps for Feheko and Wheat. Jewell is on the final year of his contract and provides a great run stopper at ILB while Vander Esch is out.

Sure next couple of years would provide cap concerns with both Surtain and Parsons but all teams that really want to win figure them out even as fans don't care for it. As much as many would like to get rid of Dak, reality is that he probably gets an extension this off season to lower his next year's cap. And the fact that the cap is due to rise to between $249 million to $268 million in 2024, $272 million to $288 million in 2025, $298 million to $308 million in 2026 and to $328 million in 2027 says they will be extending several contracts to take advantage of those numbers i.e Lamb probably before the end of the year then Biadasz OC in the off season if not during the season.

Yes, we still need to improve the OL but they seem to be getting better although we are one injury away from Tyron Smith being out for an extended time. We have done well with the UFA guys and late round picks as Richards seems to be better than advertised at OT and Bass was a steal at OG. Still have hope for Waletzko as a LT but Josh Ball better get better at OG if he wants to stick. Coaching staff seems to believe they have a diamond in the rough with Earl Bostick at the OT spot but we will see. I could see an OC being drafted in round 3 so kids from Texas A&M and Arkansas are guys to watch.

Anyway, it is something I definitely would consider.

Sure, if we could just force the trade like Madden. I wish, but this has no basis in reality. Come on, man.