CFZ A Trade that could help if the Jones really are going for it

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
To be honest a part of me wants the Eagles to trade for Surtain. Saves us from hearing all about what drafting geniuses they are next April.

conner01

Reaction score
If Denver trades Surtain they are wanting multiple first round picks. And the worse team they send him too, all the better. That hurts the Eagles' odds of getting him too.
Really they’d want something huge, like a top 10 pick plus other picks. Surtain isn’t in a contract year and they have a 5th year option. He’s not going anywhere unless they get a load of premium picks or one high enough to get a QB

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Really they’d want something huge, like a top 10 pick plus other picks. Surtain isn’t in a contract year and they have a 5th year option. He’s not going anywhere unless they get a load of premium picks or one high enough to get a QB
Exactly. And if I was Denver I would make Surtain the centerpiece of their rebuild. Shutdown corners, quarterbacks, and left tackles is where you start so why would they get rid of one key ingredient.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course they are....they try AT ALL COSTS leaving things up to dumb luck others losing....they go all in. Roseman is 10,000x better a GM than Booger!!!
That post is just to yank your chain...

Jarntt

Reaction score
The trade deadline is fast approaching and as fans we all would like to see something happen that improves the chances of a Super Bowl. Dallas is rarely involved in any trade at the deadline that is anything but a backup situation.

We all want our draft picks especially the 1st round but truth is 60 percent of those picks fail in the 1st 3 years of their contract. It is actually higher for the 2nd round picks. The fact is the 3rd, 4th, and 5th round out perform their initial contracts and get 2nd contracts. So why not make a splash.

Denver is in a complete rebuild mode and because of the Wilson trade, in desperate need of high picks and young players that Sean Peyton can mode to his liking.

So as a trade, since we could use several spots to compete, consider trading our 1st round in 2024 and 2nd in 2025, Jayron Kearse, Dorrance Armstrong and Jordan Lewis for Patrick Surtain II CB, Josey Jewell ILB, and Javonte Williams RB. Could be a win for both teams.

Pairing Surtain with Diggs long term would be great. Williams gives you a better inside runner especially in red zones areas and both still on rookie deals. Dallas was trying to trade up and get Surtain and couldn't but got Parsons instead which was a great win. Surtain makes the defense backfield much better.

Armstrong is in the final year of his contract as is Lewis and Kearse. Lewis spot would definitely go to Bland and Kearse spot would be manned by Thomas, Bell, and Mukuamu with Thomas probably the main guy. Armstong spot would give Williams more snaps along with getting snaps for Feheko and Wheat. Jewell is on the final year of his contract and provides a great run stopper at ILB while Vander Esch is out.

Sure next couple of years would provide cap concerns with both Surtain and Parsons but all teams that really want to win figure them out even as fans don't care for it. As much as many would like to get rid of Dak, reality is that he probably gets an extension this off season to lower his next year's cap. And the fact that the cap is due to rise to between $249 million to $268 million in 2024, $272 million to $288 million in 2025, $298 million to $308 million in 2026 and to $328 million in 2027 says they will be extending several contracts to take advantage of those numbers i.e Lamb probably before the end of the year then Biadasz OC in the off season if not during the season.

Yes, we still need to improve the OL but they seem to be getting better although we are one injury away from Tyron Smith being out for an extended time. We have done well with the UFA guys and late round picks as Richards seems to be better than advertised at OT and Bass was a steal at OG. Still have hope for Waletzko as a LT but Josh Ball better get better at OG if he wants to stick. Coaching staff seems to believe they have a diamond in the rough with Earl Bostick at the OT spot but we will see. I could see an OC being drafted in round 3 so kids from Texas A&M and Arkansas are guys to watch.

Anyway, it is something I definitely would consider.
but why in the world Denver would consider that trade :huh:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Eagles aren’t trading for Surtain. Don’t forget we also got Isaiah Rodgers, PFF’s 5th best CB from last year. Plus Bradberry and Slay will be back in 2024, we’d have no use for Surtain

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Eagles aren’t trading for Surtain. Don’t forget we also got Isaiah Rodgers, PFF’s 5th best CB from last year. Plus Bradberry and Slay will be back in 2024, we’d have no use for Surtain
When you say “we” who are you talking about?

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Why are you posting this kind of nonsense here?
You asked what he was talking about. I told you he was stating the Eagles and that they aren't going after Surtain. I said I agree and I've seen the Eagles are looking for a S. I don't get your issue. I was answering your question

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You asked what he was talking about. I told you he was stating the Eagles and that they aren't going after Surtain. I said I agree and I've seen the Eagles are looking for a S. I don't get your issue. I was answering your question
I guess the question is why the Eagles’ are an issue here. Similar to the Cowboys I’m sure Philadelphia is prepared to go with what they have.

Kwyn

Reaction score
The trade deadline is fast approaching and as fans we all would like to see something happen that improves the chances of a Super Bowl. Dallas is rarely involved in any trade at the deadline that is anything but a backup situation.

We all want our draft picks especially the 1st round but truth is 60 percent of those picks fail in the 1st 3 years of their contract. It is actually higher for the 2nd round picks. The fact is the 3rd, 4th, and 5th round out perform their initial contracts and get 2nd contracts. So why not make a splash.

Denver is in a complete rebuild mode and because of the Wilson trade, in desperate need of high picks and young players that Sean Peyton can mode to his liking.

So as a trade, since we could use several spots to compete, consider trading our 1st round in 2024 and 2nd in 2025, Jayron Kearse, Dorrance Armstrong and Jordan Lewis for Patrick Surtain II CB, Josey Jewell ILB, and Javonte Williams RB. Could be a win for both teams.

Pairing Surtain with Diggs long term would be great. Williams gives you a better inside runner especially in red zones areas and both still on rookie deals. Dallas was trying to trade up and get Surtain and couldn't but got Parsons instead which was a great win. Surtain makes the defense backfield much better.

Armstrong is in the final year of his contract as is Lewis and Kearse. Lewis spot would definitely go to Bland and Kearse spot would be manned by Thomas, Bell, and Mukuamu with Thomas probably the main guy. Armstong spot would give Williams more snaps along with getting snaps for Feheko and Wheat. Jewell is on the final year of his contract and provides a great run stopper at ILB while Vander Esch is out.

Sure next couple of years would provide cap concerns with both Surtain and Parsons but all teams that really want to win figure them out even as fans don't care for it. As much as many would like to get rid of Dak, reality is that he probably gets an extension this off season to lower his next year's cap. And the fact that the cap is due to rise to between $249 million to $268 million in 2024, $272 million to $288 million in 2025, $298 million to $308 million in 2026 and to $328 million in 2027 says they will be extending several contracts to take advantage of those numbers i.e Lamb probably before the end of the year then Biadasz OC in the off season if not during the season.

Yes, we still need to improve the OL but they seem to be getting better although we are one injury away from Tyron Smith being out for an extended time. We have done well with the UFA guys and late round picks as Richards seems to be better than advertised at OT and Bass was a steal at OG. Still have hope for Waletzko as a LT but Josh Ball better get better at OG if he wants to stick. Coaching staff seems to believe they have a diamond in the rough with Earl Bostick at the OT spot but we will see. I could see an OC being drafted in round 3 so kids from Texas A&M and Arkansas are guys to watch.

Anyway, it is something I definitely would consider.
This is some Madden stuff right here.

Two picks and six players.

Can’t say I’ve ever seen anything close to this in real life.

plasticman

Reaction score
I also would suggest a trade.

Unfortunately, the Cowboys can't trade their GM because he is also the owner and other reasons, I'm sure.

Fmart322

Reaction score
I doubt the broncos want to get rid of such a young, good player like him.