A win for Dak

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So what you're saying is because a guy played 10yrs,he doesn't need the practice reps with a new center and a rookie on top of that to get the timing down..now that's foolish imo

Wow, the literally fraction of a second that a snap under center takes requires all that much practice to get that timing down? Dalton needs all that practice so when the ball hits his hands to hang on to it? Please stop making excuses for Dalton failing to handle a snap under center.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
At any given time, on any given play in the NFL a QB can and has fumbled a snap from center. Even starters do it. But here we're talking about the #2 QB who hadn't worked with the starting center much at all.

Good try.

Just about every time that has happened the QB takes the blame and the reason most often used is they started to pull out before actually having the ball. The main point here is the QB's take the blame and don't rely on fans to make excuses for their mistakes. I'll bet anything that Dalton is taking the blame for that fumble. Fans can say whatever or as many excuses that they want but the truth is Dalton fumbled the ball while taking the snap and I have3 no doubts that he knows it.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So the Gallup threw the ball to himself?

Dak threw behind the receiver almost every pass. Dalton put the ball where it should have been to been away from the defender, and where it could be caught only by his intended target. Nice try.
If you had a problem with Daks accuracy but think Dalton was on point you clearly have an agenda or you are bias.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, winning is a sign of a franchise QB....which is what Andy Dalton just did!!!
Ryan Fitzpatrick won yesterday, and nobody even realizes he is a franchise QB! Holy smoke, why hasn't anyone noticed by now?

bigE79

Reaction score
Wow, the literally fraction of a second that a snap under center takes requires all that much practice to get that timing down? Dalton needs all that practice so when the ball hits his hands to hang on to it? Please stop making excuses for Dalton failing to handle a snap under center.
If that's the case,why is there training camp? Why is There otas hell why practice at all,just get in there and play. It's quite apparent you have never played football..every qb who has ever played has had a fumbled snap..but you still need to practice it regardless

Last edited:

dckid

Reaction score
Man, I pray Dak recovers fast and 100%.

Dak's leadership was on full display when he went down. The entire team was out on the field and you could tell everyone was devastated.

That is a sign of a franchise QB.
Dak if he recovers fully he will have plenty of choices team wise.
SF, NE, Pittsburgh, Colts, New Orleans..just to name a few.
Rivers noodle arm is done.
Brees is retired in place
Yes Dak will not get 35 a year, but he has choices.

dckid

Reaction score
Dak if he recovers fully he will have plenty of choices team wise.
SF, NE, Pittsburgh, Colts, New Orleans..just to name a few.
Rivers noodle arm is done.
Brees is retired in place
Yes Dak will not get 35 a year, but he has choices.
What about Matt Ryan? I think he might be washed also....

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If that's the case,why is there training camp? Why is There otas hell why practice at all,just get in there and play. It's quite apparent you have never played football..this conversation is done

First off I started playing football at an early age and continue through 1 year in college. This may come to a complete and total shock to you but teams don't have OTA's, mini camps and training camps just so the QB can practice getting snaps that they've done their entire football careers. The reason for the off season programs and training camp is to LEARN and PRACTICE the offensive and defensive schemes that will be used. WR's already know how to catch the ball, RB already know how to get hand offs and QB already know how to take snaps, especially under center.

Anyone that thinks the off season programs and training camps is there just so the QB can learn how to take snaps is worth trying to discuss this any further so.you're right, this is done and don't bother replying because I'll just ignore it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Man this is going to be interesting, aparrently Dak was the problem for....our running game (he injured our 2 tackles and drafted a high school lg) our defense (im really not sure *** it is but it aint an NFL defense) and a special teams(im pretty sure he asked for the worst starting field position in the league)...Ooh I know lets get that Backup in here he is going to solve everything....It's not like you can't pull up what Dalton has actually done in his career....he is a good QB but in every and I mean every catagory they Judge QB's by he is not as good as Dak...sooo good luck with that notion....The person I feel the most for right now is Andy Dalton, this is a horrible situation to walk into.

bigE79

Reaction score
First off I started playing football at an early age and continue through 1 year in college. This may come to a complete and total shock to you but teams don't have OTA's, mini camps and training camps just so the QB can practice getting snaps that they've done their entire football careers. The reason for the off season programs and training camp is to LEARN and PRACTICE the offensive and defensive schemes that will be used. WR's already know how to catch the ball, RB already know how to get hand offs and QB already know how to take snaps, especially under center.

Anyone that thinks the off season programs and training camps is there just so the QB can learn how to take snaps is worth trying to discuss this any further so.you're right, this is done and don't bother replying because I'll just ignore it.
Did I say that all the practices were for the qbs,no I didn't..my response to your post was that if you don't think players, including qbs don't need to practice,even the most menial skills is foolish..what might seem trivial to you, doesn't make it so..look at placeholders for instance,you might think,hey,no big deal and for players that have been doing it together for a long time,your probably right,but what happens if your placeholder gets hurt..now you got problems because the kicker and snapper probably never practiced much with the new guy..same with qbs and center..how much time do you think they actually get to practice together if neither one is the starter..anyway,I'm done with topic with you,you believe what you want and I'll do the same..ciao.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Did I say that all the practices were for the qbs,no I didn't..my response to your post was that if you don't think players, including qbs don't need to practice,even the most menial skills is foolish..what might seem trivial to you, doesn't make it so..look at placeholders for instance,you might think,hey,no big deal and for players that have been doing it together for a long time,your probably right,but what happens if your placeholder gets hurt..now you got problems because the kicker and snapper probably never practiced much with the new guy..same with qbs and center..how much time do you think they actually get to practice together if neither one is the starter..anyway,I'm done with topic with you,you believe what you want and I'll do the same..ciao.

My only question in you silly response is are those symbols you have on your comments some message in Klingon?

bigE79

Reaction score
My only question in you silly response is are those symbols you have on your comments some message in Klingon?
Thought you were done responding.. another fail on your part...ciao