A win today vs Houston does what for you as a Cowboys fan?

A win against our in state rival the Texans who are having their own struggles does what for you? Does it make you happy, impressed, thankful, joyful, excited, hopeful?

Or are you not going to fall for the Kool-aid until we put together a string of wins?

This team has a lot to prove, a win here is good, but I'm not sure it create a buzz that the ship is on track! Please give your input
Nothing for me. Now, maybe if I lived in an area with a lot of Texans fans it would be different. But a win today will not make me forget about last week's disaster.
 
We absolutely cannot afford to lose this game. Yes, I know, you numbers guy will pathetically claim that we aren't mathematically eliminated w/ a loss, but starting out 1-3 is simply a huge blot on our playoff chances.
They can lose today but then you’re asking to go on a win streak to catch back up and while I do think this team will get better as the season goes on….you now have a Texans teams who some of us had as a loss now coming in reeling. Then you got Buccs on a short week. They needed to go 2/3 this 12 day game span and they will be staring at 0-3 if they lose today. Things can get bad quick.


Meanwhile a win and the rest of the division losing puts you right back in the nfc east race. Today’s game is huge actually now that I’ve typed it out lol.
 
They can lose today but then you’re asking to go on a win streak to catch back up and while I do think this team will get better as the season goes on….you now have a Texans teams who some of us had as a loss now coming in reeling. Then you got Buccs on a short week. They needed to go 2/3 this 12 day game span and they will be staring out 0-3 if they lose today. Things can get bad quick.


Meanwhile a win and the rest of the division losing puts you right back in the nfc east race. Today’s game is huge actually now that I’ve typed it out lol.
It's the first must win game of the season for us. Sure, we could come back, any team could, but 1-3 is a massive hole.

Guess we're lucky Mayfield broke his thumb and their backup QB is an inaccurate UDFA.
 
It's the first must win game of the season for us. Sure, we could come back, any team could, but 1-3 is a massive hole.

Guess we're lucky Mayfield broke his thumb and their backup QB is an inaccurate UDFA.
Didn’t even know Mayfield is hurt….


Yeah I change my stance. It’s a must win. I don’t care how it looks I know if we win a squeaker people will complain. A desperate team with toughness and solid players on defense can certainly get going on us with our defense. This team absolutely can’t lose these next two. You got a rough break with 3 games in 12 days….you now get two bad teams with injuries. Win today. This should be the game that cures the Cowboys.
 
A win and a healthy one at that is exciting bc they have a shot at stacking some wins together and getting healthier in the next few weeks.

As I stated in my other thread, they can get to 4-2 and be healthy going into Philly and it’s on.

Let’s go - and to all of you out there complaining it’s just beating bad teams, well you have to play the teams on the schedule…and stop being miserable and enjoy the ride
 
Can't tank. We don't have our 1st for tanking.
That’s the thing. Kind of good is that the Cowboys are pressed to compete because they don’t have their first rounder unless things go real bad for Packers and at the very least I see them being mediocre at 9-8. So at least they aren’t sitting in their hands but they need to get better and I don’t know if we have time to wait for Parker to do it.
 
A win and a healthy one at that is exciting bc they have a shot at stacking some wins together and getting healthier in the next few weeks.

As I stated in my other thread, they can get to 4-2 and be healthy going into Philly and it’s on.

Let’s go - and to all of you out there complaining it’s just beating bad teams, well you have to play the teams on the schedule…and stop being miserable and enjoy the ride
Get to 4-2 and hopefully the defense is ascending during this run and that would be best case scenario.
 
Didn’t even know Mayfield is hurt….


Yeah I change my stance. It’s a must win. I don’t care how it looks I know if we win a squeaker people will complain. A desperate team with toughness and solid players on defense can certainly get going on us with our defense. This team absolutely can’t lose these next two. You got a rough break with 3 games in 12 days….you now get two bad teams with injuries. Win today. This should be the game that cures the Cowboys.
Honestly curious question. Why does this matter to you?
 
That’s the thing. Kind of good is that the Cowboys are pressed to compete because they don’t have their first rounder unless things go real bad for Packers and at the very least I see them being mediocre at 9-8. So at least they aren’t sitting in their hands but they need to get better and I don’t know if we have time to wait for Parker to do it.
Good thing is, it's looking like either will be at least a mid round pick.
 
A win and a healthy one at that is exciting bc they have a shot at stacking some wins together and getting healthier in the next few weeks.

As I stated in my other thread, they can get to 4-2 and be healthy going into Philly and it’s on.

Let’s go - and to all of you out there complaining it’s just beating bad teams, well you have to play the teams on the schedule…and stop being miserable and enjoy the ride
Agree.

Your last paragraph is just not necessary. Maybe the people who declare it's just beating bad teams are not miserable? Why does it matter?
 
Honestly curious question. Why does this matter to you?
It doesn’t lol. I verbatim said I don’t care how it looks. For my own Cowboys sanity I’m picky about what threads I enter. This week there was the Porter talk but I try not to enter negative threads because I don’t believe it’s genuine or even from fans. I believe it’s trolling from a certain bunch. So to answer I don’t care. I just want a W. Don’t care how it looks.
 
Actually, you would not. Take Stroud over Dak. Stroud does not look like an NFL QB. He's beyond terrible and is the sole reason why the Texans are 0-3. Only reason to take Stroud would be to get a high draft pick. Think Chad Hutchinson. Brandon Weeden maybe. Mitchell Trubiskey is better than Stroud.
Thanks for the laugh.
 
It doesn’t lol. I verbatim said I don’t care how it looks. For my own Cowboys sanity I’m picky about what threads I enter. This week there was the Porter talk but I try not to enter negative threads because I don’t believe it’s genuine or even from fans. I believe it’s trolling from a certain bunch. So to answer I don’t care. I just want a W. Don’t care how it looks.
Fair enough, I simply found it strange to inject that into a good post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Thanks for the laugh.
Not sure what you mean. I was giving you the heads up, as you stated you didn't know anything about the Texans. At present, Stroud makes Dak look like John Elway. Look it up if you don't believe me.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,073
Messages
14,660,973
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top