A win yet the Cowboys defense kept it close

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
stealth;2311894 said:
how do you know for a fact that man to man would work better?

we won, tweak things week to week and keep winning.

Switching it now when they spent all this time with it could be counter productive and change for the sake of change isn't a good coaching philosphy.

I know our zone scheme isn't working. You say we win all is good, I see a big problem looming if we don't fix our defense.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2311900 said:
I know our zone scheme isn't working. You say we win all is good, I see a big problem looming if we don't fix our defense.

you also think newman is a zone corner

why is it a problem if the offense keeps scoring more points than the other team?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I think Anthony Spencer is going to be a star is this defense one day. He was more polished than Ware and Shaun Phillips after coming out of Purdue. I think his play will be critical in a Super Bowl run. He looked good today coming off the knee injury. He ran good and came off the edge fast.

In my opinion, Dallas will be better on defense when Spencer takes over for Ellis, and Ellis becomes the third guy. That is just my opinion. If you want to develop young players, you have to play them.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
stealth;2311905 said:
you also think newman is a zone corner

why is it a problem if the offense keeps scoring more points than the other team?

Newman is not better in zone? He can't turn and make a play on a football to save his life. He is better suited for zone, imo.

They don't keep scoring more points than the other team, if I remember right, we lost to the Commanders last week.

I've stated that I am happy with our latest victory.

The defense has HIV, it's not AIDS yet, but it could go there.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2311911 said:
Newman is not better in zone? He can't turn and make a play on a football to save his life. He is better suited for zone, imo.

They don't keep scoring more points than the other team, if I remember right, we lost to the Commanders last week.

I've stated that I am happy with our latest victory.

The defense has HIV, it's not AIDS yet, but it could go there.

we beat 4 other teams though, if we continue that pattern, I am cool with it

Boysboy

Reaction score
TEUFELI;2311888 said:
No, I didnt "forget"...I also didn't forget that Jimmy has skins on the wall. Wade does not. The fact that a team he once coached struggled in miami doesnt change that he won 2 superbowls preaching that how you win does matter. Wade...again...has none.

And less not forget too the Herschel Walker trade benefited us.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Jimmy when he was here, but you have to remember too without that trade, we wouldn't have had Emmitt, Darren W, 1/2 of our OL, a deep DL rotation, and we were pretty deep in the secondary too.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
stealth;2311919 said:

No disrespect, but your thought process is what I imagine Wade's to be, and thats what I think is hurting this team. Not saying you yourself have a direct effect, just that Wades happy go lucky attitude is what is keeping this team from knocking teams on their butt and stomping on their throats.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2311924 said:
No disrespect, but your thought process is what I imagine Wade's to be, and thats what I think is hurting this team. Not saying you yourself have a direct effect, just that Wades happy go lucky attitude is what is keeping this team from knocking teams on their butt and stomping on their throats.

why is that so important to you?

its still just a W

why aren't one or two plays a game where our guys step up and take the game away enough for you?

either way gets the W

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
stealth;2311919 said:

I got to thinking about our 4-1 record, and though the numers are impressive in 4-1, are they really?

The only team that we've beaten that looks to be good are the Commanders of all teams.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2311933 said:
I got to thinking about our 4-1 record, and though the numers are impressive in 4-1, are they really?

The only team that we've beaten that looks to be good are the Commanders of all teams.

All those teams pay their players too.

Boysboy

Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2311924 said:

You forgot about the Green Bay game a couple of weeks ago-where we all but stomped them, until they scored a meaningless TD at the end. Didn't we also win in Cleveland by 18 pts? And would have been more if Felix had picked up that blitz near the goallline?

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
stealth;2311928 said:
why is that so important to you?

its still just a W

why aren't one or two plays a game where our guys step up and take the game away enough for you?

either way gets the W

I guess it's because I still remember the last game at Texas Stadium last year.....

We had 12 Ws last year, what in the hell did that get us? 13 probowlers and one and done?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2311940 said:
I guess it's because I still remember the last game at Texas Stadium last year.....

We had 12 Ws last year, what in the hell did that get us? 13 probowlers and one and done?

13-3

So then, shouldn't you wait till january to decide where our team is heading?

Boysboy

Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2311933 said:

Huh? We lost to the Skins, what are you talking about?

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
stealth;2311944 said:
13-3

So then, shouldn't you wait till january to decide where our team is heading?

I think it's the other way around, if Ws and Ls are all that matter to you, then maybe you should wait until december to pay attention. I see more than a Ws and Ls. I see areas of concern. You obviously see no flaws.

Boysboy

Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2311950 said:
I think it's the other way around, if Ws and Ls are all that matter to you, then maybe you should wait until december to pay attention. I see more than a Ws and Ls. I see areas of concern. You obviously see no flaws.

How do you know Wade doesn't address the team's flaws? Just b/c he doesn't address them publicly to the press...by any chance, have you ever bothered to see any of Andy Reid's PCs? He says the SAME things Wade does("It's my fault for not preparing them", "Our guys played hard, I'm proud of them"[even when they LOSE], etc, etc).

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Boysboy;2311952 said:
How do you know Wade doesn't address the team's flaws? Just b/c he doesn't address them publicly to the press...by any chance, have you ever bothered to see any of Andy Reid's PCs? He says the SAME things Wade does("It's my fault for not preparing them", "Our guys played hard, I'm proud of them"[even when they LOSE], etc, etc).

How many superbowls has Andy Reid won as a head coach?

Stop babying these grown men and demand they do their jobs that they are pair handsomely for.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
stealth;2311844 said:
I see a team that makes a play when it needs too.

I think that between "Hard Knocks" the way we were the "it" pick in the off season for the super bowl, and how much media this team and jerry are getting that we have a huge target on our backs.

That isn't going to change, and we aren't going to have too many pretty or easy wins, what matters is that we win.

I will get ticked at the coaches when we start losing.
the problem with this is.....jerry thinks that just because the fans put all these guys in the Pro Bowl...that they all deserved to be paid like Pro Bowlers. And just because he pays them like Pro Bowlers they can respond to all the media attention like "Hard Knocks" and all the various media outlets "power rankings". But the one mistake Jerry has consistently made is this: he loses sight of the fact that the best way to market his team IS TO WIN. And all this extra media attention for a team that has not won anything has CLEARLY added pressure tham most of these mental midgets cannot handle. TO is really starting to allow the media to get to him....which is why he has never and will never be a leader. He is too sensitive. His comments and behaviour are that of a man that is unraveling. This team is 4-1....yet he is allowing the media to pull his strings because of his statistics.