A win yet the Cowboys defense kept it close

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Boysboy;2311867 said:
Wade may be a defensive guru, but he can only play with the cards he's dealt with.

With all due respect, pardon me if I don't lament Wade's situation.
"With the cards he's dealt with?":bang2:

Are you kidding me? Jerra has gone all out to assemble this talented group of defensive players. Their soft play is indicative of Wade's/Stew's soft approach.
Let's not cast stones at the players that were "dealt" to Wade.
The aim should go to the top coach, that being Wade and for keeping Stew on an on-the-job training mode.

Cowboys fans expect a lot more.
A win, however great, does not diminish the fact that the defense is playing up to its level of competition.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
stealth;2311886 said:
why was it okay every where else, why is wade labeled a defensive guru?

it didn't happen just to mess with your head, he knows his stuff and has proven it over and over.

Your devotion to Wade is touching.
I hope he can turn it around. But at this point of his career and his record in the playoffs and his soft approach and the shrug and "we're fine" attitude, it will be a cold day in Miami when this defensive team plays up to its potential and gets deep into the playoffs.

Wade is your hero and we all respect that.

Just let some of us air our concerns without the accompanying spin and excuses fromt the Wade groupies.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2311648 said:
It's great to see the glass half full but it should suck to be in denial about this defense.

The glass isn't half full or half empty with this team. It's just too big.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
TEUFELI;2311888 said:
No, I didnt "forget"...I also didn't forget that Jimmy has skins on the wall. Wade does not. The fact that a team he once coached struggled in miami doesnt change that he won 2 superbowls preaching that how you win does matter. Wade...again...has none.

Lombardi also crashed and burned in Washington. Gibbs and Parcells et al. also won Lombardinis and then had less greater moments down the road.
But, for example, Lombardi is still remembered as a great coach.

Also, news flash. Here are the latest standings:
Jimma, 2 Lombardinis
Wade, no playoffs wins

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
stealth;2311919 said:
we beat 4 other teams though, if we continue that pattern, I am cool with it

Yes!
In the words of the great Wade: "We're fine."
But when Wade enters the playoffs, it's time for concern.
No room for a letdown, no room for 12 defensive players on the field, no room for the soft zone. It is one loss and you're out. Something that Wade is well acquainted with.

Join the September 28 GROW/GROS Peasants Movement. I will make you chairman and give you a free GROW/GROS hat.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2312739 said:
Yes!
In the words of the great Wade: "We're fine."
But when Wade enters the playoffs, it's time for concern.
No room for a letdown, no room for 12 defensive players on the field, no room for the soft zone. It is one loss and you're out. Something that Wade is well acquainted with.

Join the September 28 GROW/GROS Peasants Movement. I will make you chairman and give you a free GROW/GROS hat.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2314174 said:
Yes, we all know about your man crush on Newman.....he can do no wrond in your eyes.

That's a dumb thing to say. Almost as dumb as saying "Newman is more a zone corner."

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
EPL0c0;2311837 said:
hey, How about some credit for Keith Davis!!

3rd string saftey out there making a big play in the endzone!!
"Hey, stop gettin' shot" came up huge there.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2314182 said:
That's a dumb thing to say. Almost as dumb as saying "Newman is more a zone corner."

Almost as dumb as riding his jock year after year.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2314250 said:
Almost as dumb as riding his jock year after year.

Anyone with half a brain knows Newman has been one of the top cornerbacks in the league year after year.

A complete moron thinks he's more of a zone cornerback.

Which one are you?