Video: A Word of Caution about OBJ

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They could have figured it out. Jerry just had a beef with Amari and put that ahead of team needs!

Yeah they did figure it out. Lamb a top pick became #1 WR, Gallup cost was not that big and with Cooper you had 20 mill hit coming. Yes Dallas figured it out we are currently 6-2 not hurting yet all people want to do in whine. I like Cooper but you can't keep everyone. Hell Rodgers would love to haver Adams but again team can't afford to keep every player. It is not personal as many try to make it.

Creeper

Reaction score
I get the caution. It seems anyone coming off knee surgery takes time to get back to 100% even after they are cleared to play. I am not sure Gallup is a good example because some of his lack of production has been Kellen Moore who admitted as much.

But who is an elite wide receiver who tried to return after knee "revision", like OBJ? To say no one has ever come back successfully is an interesting point, but are we talking about a sample size of 2? 4? 10?

Again, I have my doubts about OBJ too, but I am sure before Jerry and Stephen psyche themselves up to open their wallets to a Free Agent like OBJ they will have their doctors check him out, and maybe work him out. I am also guess there won't give him a signing bonus this year so they can cut him if his knee is no good.

GMO415

Reaction score
Gallup is not, never was, and never will be on the same level as Beckham. If OBJ is on the field, defenses have to account for him at all times, opening up passing lanes for the other guys...much like we saw with the 800 yard receiver that the geniuses up top shipped off for peanuts.

It isn't necessarily about the production of the player, but rather the ripple effect that's caused when he's in the lineup with the guys already on the team.
He wants a multi year deal because he's not ready to play this year.

chagus

Reaction score
OBJ grew up in Texas. Pretty sure signing with his childhood team is something he's seriously considering.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Check out what Stephania Bell, a licensed physical therapist, says about OBJ (starts at 46:55).

Think of all the other NFL teams --- including Mark Davis, Jim Irsay and Jeffrey Lurie --- who have passed/are passing on upon OBJ.
Dear lads and rude boys all, does not a small bell toll about dangers and drawbacks (and mixed metaphors) of this OBJ person? Besides, OBJ sounds like rolling papers.
But for starters, no current Cowboys WR or even TE will be happy about Odell Wreckem Jr. joining the team.That is, Unless they want to share touches with a diva...

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I think Jerry is making a big show of going to go out and get OBJ, because of fans being upset they did little at the trade deadline. He is not signing him, he knows some team is going to overpay and give too many years or too much guaranteed money - and now he can say to fans I wanted him and tried to get him but it got too expensive. Why trade Cooper because he makes too much $, just to go out and give OBJ about the same- makes no sense. Didn't they decline getting Cooks because he didn't want to pay the 2023 $?

DanA

Reaction score
The revision comment is interesting but how many are there? It’d be nice to have tally of careers ended vs those who have recovered. I suspect it’s zero vs zero.

For the record, I don’t think he’ll ever be the reciever he was his first three seasons but I do think he’s capable of decent production.