Aaron Brooks...

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
kartr said:
You think a qb who is one of only 4 qbs to throw for 20+ tds in five consecutive years is horrible and he has no defense to speak of, yet Bledsoe plays poorly with good receivers,runningbacks and a number 3 ranked defense. Belicheck thought so little of him, he traded Bledsoe to a divisional foe and that speaks volumes. Brooks would be much better here than in New Orleans where almost no qb has succeeded.

Kartr, the only thing I agree with you on is, Quincy is still the only QB after Aikman to get us into the Playoffs.

I really dont care about stats, records, and everything else, I care about results.

We got blown out, but hey, we at least gave ourselves a chance....

kartr

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
blah blah blah... the point is Brooks makes the same mistakes of a 3rd year player... any 3rd year player. He can singlehandledly win or lose a game by himself.

Blah blah blah yourself. Brooks is still less experienced than Bledsoe and yet can throw 20+ tds a season in 5 consecutive years. Bledsoe has had 2 seasons in the last 6 years as good as 5 of the last six seasons for Brooks. Plus Brooks has had no defense and much poorer coaching than Bledsoe. Bledsoe has shown that even with good players around him and good head coaches, he still can't get a team to the playoffs.

When we play the Jags,Panthers,Bucs,Colts,Falcons,plus 6 games in our division, where all the teams in our division will be better than last year, you'll see the folly of this Bledsoe nonsense. We were 3-3 in our division in 2005 just like 2004 with Vinny at the helm. We were 5-1 in our division in 2003 and despite all the talent we're adding, we're regressing, while our division gets stronger. I hope you enjoy losing for the next few years while other teams are getting more athletic at the qb position while we're stuck with 'pocket dinosaurs'.

joseephuss

Reaction score
kartr said:
Blah blah blah yourself. Brooks is still less experienced than Bledsoe and yet can throw 20+ tds a season in 5 consecutive years. Bledsoe has had 2 seasons in the last 6 years as good as 5 of the last six seasons for Brooks. Plus Brooks has had no defense and much poorer coaching than Bledsoe. Bledsoe has shown that even with good players around him and good head coaches, he still can't get a team to the playoffs.

When we play the Jags,Panthers,Bucs,Colts,Falcons,plus 6 games in our division, where all the teams in our division will be better than last year, you'll see the folly of this Bledsoe nonsense. We were 3-3 in our division in 2005 just like 2004 with Vinny at the helm. We were 5-1 in our division in 2003 and despite all the talent we're adding, we're regressing, while our division gets stronger. I hope you enjoy losing for the next few years while other teams are getting more athletic at the qb position while we're stuck with 'pocket dinosaurs'.

Dallas was 2-4 in the division in 2004. The Giants and Commanders were just horrible in 2003. I am all for upgrading the QB position. Brooks isn't a clear upgrade. I really don't think the Saints are going to release him anyway.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Heck, no. Other posters have me convinced that Dallas should bring back Vinny. He is clearly the best available talent. :ralph: :D

Finally, something accomplished.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Why not shore up the O line and stick with what we have? Then let either back up compete for the starting role or draft a a player fresh from the college field.
Lets have a QB for more than one season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
The mistakes that Carter used to make were those of a 3rd year player with just 31 starts. Bledsoe still makes those same mistakes after 13 hears, but even with those mistakes, Carter won 16 games in those 31 starts and we've won just 15 of our last 32 games,i.e. 15-17 won/lost record with a superior supporting cast and yet have won less and lost more games. Try to be objective for once.
The Jets had Chad/Vinny in 2003 and didn't make the playoffs;we had Quincy and did make the playoffs. In 2004, the Jets had Chad/Quincy and made the playoffs,while we had Vinny/Romo/Henson and didn't make the playoffs. In 2005,neither the Jets or the Cowboys had Quincy and neither one made the playoffs despite having superb supporting casts. Deduction tells you what the missing ingredient both teams were lacking in.
Quincy is much like a young Mark Brunell or a young Rich Gannon. He has the ability to make something out of nothing;the ability to bring a team back from behind when all is lost. Bledsoe needs perfection from his supporting castmates to get it done. There's no way we would have been swept by the Commanders or lost to the Raiders with Quincy as our starter. When he was here in 2003, we beat the teams we were supposed to beat and convincingly at that and only lost to 1 team that finished below .500. He wasn't the best qb we ever had, but he was hardly the worst and deserved better than he was treated here.
Carter would be making the same mistakes 10 years from now. He's gone. Get over it. Move on. Adjust. Kick your dog. Say Goosefraba.

Whatever it takes to change the tune. I'm so tired of your beat the dead horse album.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
kartr said:

You're dead right on.....Most fans want Bledsoe to do great. Most didn't want Carter to do great, nor would they want Brooks to do great nor would they want Culpepper to do great, you get the point.

Bledsoe will get eaten up by guys like me who look at results and not for "other" reasons. Myself, if you can lead me to the promise land, that's who I want. Everyone raves about Manning and has had a man crush for Manning for all those years Brady was just winning Superbowls.

I wish we could come to a day in this world, when we look at the talent objectively and judge it by that and that alone. As far as I'm concerned, Carter was on his way to being a good Quarterback in this league (not great). He *** it up himself and so that's that. Vinny had 14 or so years to become great and Bledsoe's had tons of years to be great himself.

I hate it when a QB has an excuse. Carter would not be awarded an excuse, yet we have excuses for Vinny,Bledsoe, Aikman near the end of his career. It's our oline, or running back, or WR's can't catch, or TE won't get opened, or the play-calling... I would say that our Defense is way better than the one in 2003, and that defense was #1 in the league.

Personally, I'd like to see Jay Cutler here or whomever is young..But to this day, I will never know how a Quarterback like Carter could get us to the playoffs, but the great Vinny and Bledsoe couldn't...

neosapien23

Reaction score
[Personally, I'd like to see Jay Cutler here or whomever is young..But to this day, I will never know how a Quarterback like Carter could get us to the playoffs, but the great Vinny and Bledsoe couldn't...[/QUOTE]

That team never had to play the quality of opponets that this years team had to play. They built their record against mostly under .500 teams.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I have not been impressed with DelHomme since the SuperBowl year.

Brooks Naw.......NO,