Aaron Brooks...

joseephuss

Reaction score
Kilyin said:
Nobody said to bring back Vinny, they are saying Bledsoe is marginally better, if at all, and I don't necessarily disagree. But that's another thread.

Kilyin, you just keep missing the smiley face I put in my posts to show my sarcasm. I know sarcasm is hard to read in my posts. Heck, if you ever spoke with me, it would be hard to tell from my tone of voice that I was being sarcastic. And I am always being sarcastic or a jerk depending on who you ask. :D

Someone make a a little emoticon that says sarcastic on it.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think Brooks is a horrible QB. Horrible.

I've seen him in interviews where I'd swear the guy was stoned as stoned can be. He thinks he's WAY better than he is and he doesn't even use his mobility. He tries to be a pocker passer and he doesn't have the skills to do so.

So, uh, no... I don't want him as the Dallas QB.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
We are in bad times my friends if we are even thinking about Aaron Brooks as our next QB.

No Way!

Eddie

Reaction score
Why would anyone compare Aaron Brooks to Quincy Carter? Other than the obvious.

They're 150% different QB's.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Fletch said:
You speak as if you know first hand that Romo and Henson are not NFL worthy. C'mon now, you know about as much as the rest of us "Armchair QB's" when it comes to our backups. Nothing.

Both Romo and Henson have a lot of upside. You can forget about Aaron Brooks. He will not want to be a backup in Dallas. He will want starter's money, whether that is in New Orleans, or anywhere else.

Bottom line, Brooks is just another Q-Bong, without the off the field issues. :cool:
Drew Bledsoe is another Vinny T with a healthy Terry Glenn...

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Drew Bledsoe is another Vinny T with a healthy Terry Glenn...

Not even close. Bledsoe's arm didn't go limp as a noodle like Vinny's did last year as the season began to come to a close.

Vinny was nothing more than a glorified backup. Drew is a legit starter who needs a better O-line in front of him.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Fletch said:
You speak as if you know first hand that Romo and Henson are not NFL worthy. C'mon now, you know about as much as the rest of us "Armchair QB's" when it comes to our backups. Nothing.

Both Romo and Henson have a lot of upside. You can forget about Aaron Brooks. He will not want to be a backup in Dallas. He will want starter's money, whether that is in New Orleans, or anywhere else.

Bottom line, Brooks is just another Q-Bong, without the off the field issues. :cool:

I disagree Fletch. Brooks has proven he can be servicable. The NFL has a shortage of even servicable QBs. Quincy never proved that because of his off the field issues. Dallas needs more than servicable in my opinion and Romo and Henson are just unknowns at this time.

I am willing to find out what either can do, but I wouldn't be upset if Brooks was brought in to be the back up. I agree that he won't be brought to Dallas.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
He'll be throwing boneheaded interceptions for the Raiders or Cards next year.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
box_screaming_dead.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Not even close. Bledsoe's arm didn't go limp as a noodle like Vinny's did last year as the season began to come to a close.

Vinny was nothing more than a glorified backup. Drew is a legit starter who needs a better O-line in front of him.
Arm strenght is not the deciding factor IMO. They both fumbled (Bledsoe fumbled more). They both threw interceptions (Vinny threw just a little more) the only thing Bledsoe didn't have to help him out was Flozell.

However, Vinny had no 3rd receiver (Bledsoe has Crayton) Vinny had no Terry Glenn (Bledsoe does) Vinny had Eddie George ( Bledsoe had Jones for the most part and Barber).

To me, they both are just about the same except age wise. Brooks is no different from those 2, except coaching. Now, I would like to see someone special and none of the above mentioned. Someone who can take us to the promise land and not someone who can fundle our emotions with almost playoffs and crap like that.

kartr

Reaction score
Hostile said:
As a backup sure. I bet the Saints wish they had hung on to DelHomme and not given Brooks that big contract.

Hindsight is amazing isn't it?

The overall personnel for the Panthers is much better than the Saints. The Saints have finished in the bottom 5 defensively for the last 5 years and Brooks had thrown for 20+ td passes for the last 5 years until this year when they had to deal with hurricane Katrina. I'd say that those were extenuating circumstances and no qb can win if his team can't play defense. So Delhomme has had a much better situation than Brooks has had, not to mention that Jake has had Brooks as a mentor for several years. Brooks could thrive on a decent team. Not saying that I want him here,but he's been much more consistently successful than Bledsoe has been the last 5 years.

kartr

Reaction score
Alexander said:
He makes the type of mistakes we used to hate Quincy Carter for.

Does that help?

The mistakes that Carter used to make were those of a 3rd year player with just 31 starts. Bledsoe still makes those same mistakes after 13 hears, but even with those mistakes, Carter won 16 games in those 31 starts and we've won just 15 of our last 32 games,i.e. 15-17 won/lost record with a superior supporting cast and yet have won less and lost more games. Try to be objective for once.
The Jets had Chad/Vinny in 2003 and didn't make the playoffs;we had Quincy and did make the playoffs. In 2004, the Jets had Chad/Quincy and made the playoffs,while we had Vinny/Romo/Henson and didn't make the playoffs. In 2005,neither the Jets or the Cowboys had Quincy and neither one made the playoffs despite having superb supporting casts. Deduction tells you what the missing ingredient both teams were lacking in.
Quincy is much like a young Mark Brunell or a young Rich Gannon. He has the ability to make something out of nothing;the ability to bring a team back from behind when all is lost. Bledsoe needs perfection from his supporting castmates to get it done. There's no way we would have been swept by the Commanders or lost to the Raiders with Quincy as our starter. When he was here in 2003, we beat the teams we were supposed to beat and convincingly at that and only lost to 1 team that finished below .500. He wasn't the best qb we ever had, but he was hardly the worst and deserved better than he was treated here.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kartr said:
The mistakes that Carter used to make were those of a 3rd year player with just 31 starts. Bledsoe still makes those same mistakes after 13 hears, but even with those mistakes, Carter won 16 games in those 31 starts and we've won just 15 of our last 32 games,i.e. 15-17 won/lost record with a superior supporting cast and yet have won less and lost more games. Try to be objective for once.
The Jets had Chad/Vinny in 2003 and didn't make the playoffs;we had Quincy and did make the playoffs. In 2004, the Jets had Chad/Quincy and made the playoffs,while we had Vinny/Romo/Henson and didn't make the playoffs. In 2005,neither the Jets or the Cowboys had Quincy and neither one made the playoffs despite having superb supporting casts. Deduction tells you what the missing ingredient both teams were lacking in.
Quincy is much like a young Mark Brunell or a young Rich Gannon. He has the ability to make something out of nothing;the ability to bring a team back from behind when all is lost. Bledsoe needs perfection from his supporting castmates to get it done. There's no way we would have been swept by the Commanders or lost to the Raiders with Quincy as our starter. When he was here in 2003, we beat the teams we were supposed to beat and convincingly at that and only lost to 1 team that finished below .500. He wasn't the best qb we ever had, but he was hardly the worst and deserved better than he was treated here.
blah blah blah... the point is Brooks makes the same mistakes of a 3rd year player... any 3rd year player. He can singlehandledly win or lose a game by himself.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You think Bledsoe is bad under pressure?!?!?

At least he doesn't throw passes backwards in an oncoming rush.

kartr

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
I think Brooks is a horrible QB. Horrible.

I've seen him in interviews where I'd swear the guy was stoned as stoned can be. He thinks he's WAY better than he is and he doesn't even use his mobility. He tries to be a pocker passer and he doesn't have the skills to do so.

So, uh, no... I don't want him as the Dallas QB.

You think a qb who is one of only 4 qbs to throw for 20+ tds in five consecutive years is horrible and he has no defense to speak of, yet Bledsoe plays poorly with good receivers,runningbacks and a number 3 ranked defense. Belicheck thought so little of him, he traded Bledsoe to a divisional foe and that speaks volumes. Brooks would be much better here than in New Orleans where almost no qb has succeeded.